Need some button help :P

Sakeru_Kyori

Does anyone happen to know where some really good button making tutorials are? Ones that show how to make animated letters or images and sparkles and all that? I know how to make graphics like my signature but for some reason I'm having issues with buttons.

I can make retarded stuff like this from Lunapic

lunapic_13466861045680_6.gif

but I want good looking ones like these

fwhfna.jpgmo4-1.gifsdfrdx.jpg

It would highly depends on the software you are using...

Animation is usually either 24 or 30 images per seconds that are called frames.

If you closely look at Soroptimist Directory button, you notice 2 effects. First one is glowing border around Soroptismist and second one seems to be a rectangle that moves over Directory.

If you wanted to make a sparkling effect, you would probably start with a brush or with the * symbol in typed in different fonts. And then make it fade in or fade out with a glowing effect perhaps. Not too hard again.

For Adobe Photoshop, you can check out these links:

Link 3

I'm pretty sure you can find the equivalent on Youtube for other softwares as well.

Adding on to what Xepha mentioned about frames, a higher frame rate makes the animation smoother. In the Nest example you provided, if you sped up the frame rate (more frames/second), it would have more of a "writing" effect than just the letters appearing, like the colour change over "directory" in the example Xepha ws talking about. With quicker animation, you just have to make sure the changes from one visible frame to the next are small enough to make it smooth and not choppy.

Thanks guys I understand everything now and I already have photoshop CS5 Extended. I used Nienke's tutorials to make another button but The only way the animation works is if I save it in GIF but Neopets wont allow me to use it or show it on here. Do you guys know any other way to save it so I can get it into png and still work or something?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok I got it to work this way but now I have to see if it'll work on my pet page.

2m7yvsj.gif

Edited by Sakeru_Kyori