Welcome to adulthood...

Naamah D.

So I feel like I've completely become an adult. It's hard to believe I used to flip out like I used to.

Being an adult doesn't mean you have to quit playing video games, drink coffee, or wear suits. It's not that restricting. If anything, you're free to do lots and lots of different things. I can play whatever video games I want, I can wear whatever I want.

So here's to my adulthood!

P.S. There's also a very special reason I'm deciding to accept my becoming an adult. PM me if you'd like to know!!!!

One way to tell if you're a "proper" adult: Bus drivers treat you like a person. This is a nice perk.

Just felt like throwing that one in, because that's a recent discovery of mine. I don't ride the bus a lot but recently had to, and I was so surprised to not be treated like an inconvenience.

Congrats. :) It's nice to realise that you're an adult, but that it doesn't actually mean anything that you thought it did.

• 2 weeks later...

I've figured my adulthood to be when I can look back at my mischevious adolescent behavior and go 'What was I thinking?' I think it proves I've reached a state of maturity to where I can learn more from mistakes and whatnot.

I think that's a great way of putting it. :D I can look back and see that I had a lot of fun being an adolescent, but I'd never want to go back.

I suppose the defining moment is different for everyone, though - I never truly felt like an adult until I moved out of my parent's house. I actually enjoy the responsibility and it makes me appreciate going home. Because of it, I'm closer to my family than I ever was before. :) It's funny to hear my younger sisters complain about the same things I did when I was their age, but in retrospect it wasn't a big deal at all. :laughingsmiley:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm almost 20 and I was talking with my friends just the other day about this. It's such difference compared to only five years ago when I was 14-15 and I had to be driven everywhere (or walk, or take public transportation), use the money my parents gave me, and call to say when I'm getting back home haha. Now it's like I just get up and go whenever I want! It was a big revelation the first time I went out to dinner like that with my friends.

• 4 weeks later...