A Key Quest Issue

Veetles

I am assuming this problem is mostly due to my laptop being slow and not awesome in any way, so I apologize if this is a waste of time.

I just started playing Key Quest today, but I don't think I will ever be able to win. This is not because I do not understand the game, it is because I can't even come close to winning any of the minigames. I know that isn't the whole focus of the game, but the other player always gets one or more keys from winning minigames, and it is putting me at a disadvantage. The minigames are very slow on my computer, and it is upsetting. I really don't know what to do to fix it, or if there is a way that I can still have a chance to win even if I lose every minigame. This happens from time to time in the regular neopets games, and it is very frustrating. Especially when I am playing something like Meerca Chase on hard, and it is going very slow at one point and then all the sudden goes back to normal speed without warning... I don't know what to do anymore. :/

I'll take any advice, thanks. (:

You've got a few different options:

1. Practice. My computer doesn't run minigames exceptionally well, but I've been playing KeyQuest for quite a while and you're kind of able to figure out certain strategies you can still win minigames.

2. Use power-ups to your advantage! It's difficult if someone has the minigame advantage, but not impossible to win. Especially, try to land on the square with which your token is aligned (Earth, Fire, Water, etc.).

3. Arrange games with other players. There are people here and probably people on the neoboards who don't like minigames or whose computers don't run them very well, so the both of you can agree to let the games expire so nobody has an unfair advantage.

4. Play two player games. Even if you lose, you'll still get all the neopoints you earned while playing, plus a silver key which earns you three prizes!

Good luck! :)

Im not a big fan of mini games either but I do have a couple which run ok on my laptop. I have won by way of powerups before, and i like the lint powerup very much. even if my opponent is good at minigames, if i use that the have no chance at winning a anything!

To play you need:

Broadband connection speed or faster

Flash Player 9.0.124

If you are using a PC:

Processor: 1.5GHz or above

RAM: 2 GB RAM

Operating System: Windows XP or Vista

Web Browser: IE 6.0 or above, Firefox 2.0 or above

If you are using Mac:

Processor: Intel Duo Core 2GHz or above

RAM: 2 GB RAM

Operating System: Mac OS-X 10.4.11 or above

Web Browser: Firefox 2.0 or above

These are the recommendations from TNT to anyone who wants to play KQ.

If your computer is slow, then a good strategy is to close any programs/applications/browser tabs that you don't need. This should help your computer to breathe :P

It is also possible to play a low quality version of Key Quest (and of most games on Neopets, though I imagine you know about that part.) On ~Oessu you can read:

Q. How did you get the low resolution link? Is it safe?

A. Rest assured, this link is merely the image/full screen version of Key Quest. In the instance that I forget to find the latest low res link, you can get it yourself!

1. On the main page, you can right click on the grey area near the blue game screen.

2. Choose view source.

(If you cannot right click, try "view-page source" - this should be the same for most browsers).

3. Press "CTRL + F" and type "swf?v" into search box.

(If you cannot press ctrl+f, then use the edit-find menu in your browser).

4. There, you will find the image link.Simply copy the URL to the browser address bar and viola! Right click, click on quality, and select either medium or low.

BUT BE WARNED, if you select low quality, it WILL mess up the text in the game. (e.g. powerup info not appearing on the card, etc.) Please keep that in mind when playing with the low resolution link.

Yeah, if you're not already, play on the low quality version of KQ. But if your computer still runs slow, even with low quality, then there really isn't much you can do about it except arrange games with other people with slower computers.

Like others, I am terrible at mini games, but I have still won a number of gold keys. :) It does get frustrating when you can't even get a single point in a mini game, but those don't show the outcome of the game. :)