Tamagotchi!

Tsukiakage

Heya guys! I don't know about you, but I sure know that I had a Tamagotchi when they first came out! They were really fun and all the craze. I was walking through the local Wal-Mart Super Center last night (just because it was the grand opening yesterday and had to go there just to say I was there. No, it's not the first time I have been to one... As I stated in another post, I grew up in a much larger town than where I am located right now) and noticed that there were Tamagotchis in the toy section. I grabbed one and bought it just for old time's sake.

It all boils down to... who still has one? Who doesn't? What do you love about those little guys?

Feel free to post all about Tamagotchis in this thread.

ah i had one when version one was out. ive wanted aversion 2 wehn i heard aboutthem but didnt see them advertised until version 3 was out over here.. so been wanting one ofthose.. no idea why but looks nifty ^_^

what are the price rangeo f hte version 3s anyways? *wonders*

i have a friend that still has a regrats(i think) knock off one from when they were first big

ah i had one when version one was out. ive wanted aversion 2 wehn i heard aboutthem but didnt see them advertised until version 3 was out over here.. so been wanting one ofthose.. no idea why but looks nifty ^_^

what are the price rangeo f hte version 3s anyways? *wonders*

i have a friend that still has a regrats(i think) knock off one from when they were first big

Well, the one I grabbed is a version 4. It was $15.00. They're pretty much the same as the original, just a bit more high tech. They have InfraRed sensor on it and a little antenna-ish thing.

yea i just eralized i was saying v3.. arg the last versions came out so close together over here (well relitivly) i will say one thing the newer ones are allot prettier on the outside

i thought i read somewher that you can actully do an online thing with them now but i think my brain may be scattered and im confusing them with another toy... not sure..

yea i just eralized i was saying v3.. arg the last versions came out so close together over here (well relitivly) i will say one thing the newer ones are allot prettier on the outside

i thought i read somewher that you can actully do an online thing with them now but i think my brain may be scattered and im confusing them with another toy... not sure..

You're not confusing them with another toy. You can actually play with them on the internet now too. It's kinda hard to explain, but you can have them go to school online and have them get a job online as well.

ah, i was thinknig i was crazy since none of the online stores mentieond that feature(was price checking them) maybe ill have to make a stop on the toy section next time im in walmart.. i do sitll have a gift card from my bday.. heh

so which 'color' did you buy?

actully theres been several neopets games for them

• 2 weeks later...

I confess...I HAVE 1! Yeah, I had 1 and still have it but I dont even use it because...the battery ran out and it isnt as fun as it used to be(I had V3) but now the new V4 looks spiffy and has better stuff like..messaging and jobs.

• 1 month later...

I never had one cos I was too old by the time they came out....but wait isn't Neopets just a Tamagochi-esque game with more to do? It's the whole style of raise and nurture gaming instead of shootemup (though it includes that too!)

They aren't that fun to begin with anyway.

meh those arent really for guys -_-

Hehe I used to have a V1 and V2 untill their battery died then I was like.. meh. They are good when you first get them but after a while they get boring and it's annoying to keep having to feed them and clean up their.. business XD

Hum, I guess I had version 1, lol.

I had 2... one cat (I love it!) and one hum... dinosaur!

But the cat was my fav!

Anyway, 2 weeks ago, my friend told me she bought new tamagotchis in a dollar store XD I might get one as well because they are fun.

• 1 year later...

:whistle: i had a V4 and it survived for a long time then i lost it then my dad found it when cleaned out the garage. it got toasted in the heat in our christmas tree. :crying:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie~) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not bump an inactive topic that is older than 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephanie~ if you have any questions regarding this action.