Stuck on meerca henchman

Okay, I'm a little stumped here. I read the article here on TDN for defeating those little monsters but I've failed too many times now so I have to be doing something wrong.

My pet's stats are 72 strength, 70 defense, 63 movement, 229 HP and he's equipped with snowglobe staff, scarab ring, leaf shield, lesser healing scroll, a smoke bomb and stone muffins. I've been using sink, diamond dust, burrow, fiery gaze and then berserk when I run out of energy. Can anybody offer any advice?

Oh wow. o.o I've been beaten a number of times by them, and thought that with just a little training I would be able to beat them, no problem. But you have much better stats than I have. -sigh- It seems that I'll be spending a lot at the training school!

I hope someone is able to help. :) My only suggestion is to upgrade your weapons- your stats should be fine.

Thes are tough little buggers. It has to do with strategy and I can't remember what the one I was trying was. Good luck defeating them!

Your Lesser Healing Scroll really won't help. :( Meerca Henchmen can easily outdamage 75 HP most turns, so your 25 HP heal is more of a waste of a turn.

I'd also advise against using your Leaf Shield since Meerca Henchmen's strength boost is much higher than your defense boost. A full dark blocker dual duty like Hanso Charisma Charm will help a lot. (Use it with Burrow but not with Sink). Save your Thick Smoke Bomb until the last turn if you know you are going to win.

If it doesn't work, I'd suggest training. Your 85 strength boost is right around the corner!

Your Lesser Healing Scroll really won't help. :( Meerca Henchmen can easily outdamage 75 HP most turns, so your 25 HP heal is more of a waste of a turn.

I'd also advise against using your Leaf Shield since Meerca Henchmen's strength boost is much higher than your defense boost. A full dark blocker dual duty like Hanso Charisma Charm will help a lot. (Use it with Burrow but not with Sink). Save your Thick Smoke Bomb until the last turn if you know you are going to win.

If it doesn't work, I'd suggest training. Your 85 strength boost is right around the corner!

*sigh* I was afraid the LHS was worthless but I've been trying to get my hands on a greater healing scroll for awhile now but it's too expensive to find in shops (unless someone with SSW wants to prove me wrong) and I keep getting beat out/rejected on the TP, even with full asking price offers in pure NP. I haven't actually used the leaf shield for any of the meerca bros battles, not sure why it's even still equipped lol. Thanks for the advice, I'll try it!

http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=bb052&buy_obj_info_id=25835&buy_cost_neopoints=99999

Here's a buyable one :)

But man, you are LUCKY!.....

Your battle pet is a gelert, meaning it has the special species healer Gelert Healing Remedy:

http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=flashgordom&buy_obj_info_id=16141&buy_cost_neopoints=84999

It heals half your max hp (in your case 114 or 115 HP, can't remember how this particular weapon rounds)

Nice...my eyrie is my battle pet, and there are no decent eyrie species weapons at all.

Your stats are decent, but if you can (I know it's hard when your hp are so high) train your strength and defense up to 85. That's the next level for a strength or defense boost--changes the multiplier from 2 to 2.5. That can make quite the difference!

http://www.neopets.c...neopoints=99999

Here's a buyable one :)

But man, you are LUCKY!.....

Your battle pet is a gelert, meaning it has the special species healer Gelert Healing Remedy:

http://www.neopets.c...neopoints=84999

It heals half your max hp (in your case 114 or 115 HP, can't remember how this particular weapon rounds)

Bought the GHR, thanks for the link! For some reason I thought it was a one time use thing instead of once per battle so I hadn't considered it before. Hopefully it will give me the edge I need.

Nice...my eyrie is my battle pet, and there are no decent eyrie species weapons at all.

Your stats are decent, but if you can (I know it's hard when your hp are so high) train your strength and defense up to 85. That's the next level for a strength or defense boost--changes the multiplier from 2 to 2.5. That can make quite the difference!

I am still training him (sometimes it seems like all my habi profit goes to codestones) but it's slow going. I was building his movement since it's the lowest but I'll switch back to training strength, forgot about that boost. Thanks!