Tornado Watch

Finn the Human

A watch only means that the weather conditions are right for the possibility of a tornado - be thankful it's not a warning (imminent)! Where I live we've probably had at least a dozen tornado watches this year and nothing has ever really happened. Usually it just storms pretty badly, or if a tornado touches down it's been outside of the city. Just keep an eye open for weather updates, be safe, and try not to worry! :)

A watch only means that the weather conditions are right for the possibility of a tornado - be thankful it's not a warning (imminent)! Where I live we've probably had at least a dozen tornado watches this year and nothing has ever really happened. Usually it just storms pretty badly, or if a tornado touches down it's been outside of the city. Just keep an eye open for weather updates, be safe, and try not to worry! :)

Yea it just started, for now just a HUGE storm. An elementary school across the street is full of water (playground).

Nothing big happened in the area where I live in NY. Of course, I'm inside my house while being oblivious to the outside world so......... :P

I've only heard some rain thus far.

It's supposed to go through Massachusetts, but fortunately, not my part. Tornadoes absolutely terrify me--wind is bad enough! When the hurricane was coming up last year, I was terrified, and I got EXTRA prepared. I was ready to go to the basement and play Munchkin...but the winds were about 40 MPH by the time it got here.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a tornado touch down once when I was a kid, scared the crap outta me and it took my parents 2 hours to convince me to come out of our basement, which at the time was still just a big hole under our house, no concrete yet :P I've also seen a water spout, very small and very short lived, but still kinda neat..

I saw a tornado touch down once when I was a kid, scared the crap outta me and it took my parents 2 hours to convince me to come out of our basement, which at the time was still just a big hole under our house, no concrete yet :P I've also seen a water spout, very small and very short lived, but still kinda neat..

I had the same thing, except I didn't see a tornado xD I was just convinced one was going to hit. Luckily I live in an area that doesn't get extreme weather at all. Worst was a snowstorm in 2008 that dumped about 4 metres of snow onto us over a weekend.