So...intimidating...

Bubbleline

Does anyone else find the concept of trading on Neopets kinda scary? Having to talk to complete strangers, who are often of the 'srs bsns' mentality and try to haggle with them so that you don't get bamboozled while trying not to seem annoying or too frugal? Ugh. I need to suck it up...only need 2 map pieces. Must. Grow. Spine. x_x

(actually, I have a hard time sucking it up enough to buy stuff in real life)

I'm used to trading NP now but NC is still very scary to me :P Don't worry, the more you do it the easier it gets! You'll be haggling like a reet trooper in no time ;D

Trading NC is very hard because not only is there the possibility of someone backing out of the trade and running off with your stuff, but it's really hard to get a hold of boxes if you can't buy the Neocash cards.

Aww, I have hugs if you want them! Getting into trading is very hard. :( Just know the prices of the pieces you want. Know what they're worth right now, and look through all the trades. Contact lots of people, and give them all the same offer. Chances are that one of them will be interested, and if not, go up. Don't try to lowball anyone- lab map pieces aren't hard to sell, and if a newbie got a hold of one, they probably would have sold it in their shop, rather than on the TP.

Generally, I've found that if you aren't rude, people won't be rude back. Occasionally people ask way more than an item is worth (I was looking at buying the Playful Ink Frame for Ansteigen, and while it's a buyable item, I wanted to see if I could get anything a bit cheaper. The person I contacted wanted about 10k more than the lowest price on the SW. Say whaaat?) but generally Neopians seem pretty decent. :)

I always take hugs. :D And I have seen plenty of people asking for ridiculously high prices for the thing they're selling. 130k for something that has sold for 24,000? Really, sir? I just shake my head and hope that no one is bamboozled into buying it. But thanks for the advice. I also hate searching for the map pieces because they all have the same name. You just have to keep refreshing the sw or whatever and hope that the results show the pieces you're looking for.

It scares me too, which is why I have stayed away from trading on Neopets. I do want to have a go at it one day soon though :P. When I was going for the map pieces I started from scratch and bought them all together in one transaction from the TP because at the time it generally worked out cheaper to buy them like that.

It can be scary all right. There were some NC items which I really wanted that forced me to delve in the NC Trading world. Learning the jargon, reading the guides and lurking a few times on the boards certainly helped me. When I had an item they wanted, I politely inquired about a trade, and I was really surprised when they sent off the item before I did. When I see my pet now I'm glad I mustered the courage ;)

I don't really like trading either. I prefer when people have what they want for the item listed. I hate having to neomail them and I feel like a lot of times they don't email me back or they're just like figure out what it's worth.

Oh! I should say that it's a really good idea, even if you don't really want to.

I got a Mara PB for 5mil instead of 7, and a Draik MP for 12mil instead of 15 (when they were still inflated) just through a neomail each. You can really save a lot of NP (and I ended up friends with the lady I bought the PB from which is an added bonus ^^).

I agree that trading NC is hard as well. I don't enjoy it, way too much pressure! lol.

No not scary,b ut some people can be so rude. I was haggling with this one girl and I could literally envisage her behind her computer screen foaming at the mouth she was getting so irate.

This made me laugh. XD However, I imagine all internet denizens as foaming at the mouth in general. Lol.

And I checked it out, and it seems to me that buying the individual pieces would've been cheaper. Lucky for me, I got 5 pieces through RE's, 1 of those pieces being the most expensive one to get, so I saved money either way. :)

This made me laugh. XD However, I imagine all internet denizens as foaming at the mouth in general. Lol.

And I checked it out, and it seems to me that buying the individual pieces would've been cheaper. Lucky for me, I got 5 pieces through RE's, 1 of those pieces being the most expensive one to get, so I saved money either way. :)

Oh wow, you got super lucky!

Good luck buying the last couple of pieces! :D

My first experience trading NC, i didn't have a lick of NC on me nor did i have any items. I went to the NC boards and made a topic inquiring about the fantastical chocolate BG or whatever it's called. I just wanted to know how to obtain it and what items i'd need to start. I was given an NC trading guide, a pricing guideline, and someone sent me the BG for free. It was a rather pleasants welcome. And now i have over $2000 in NC and I trade regularly for really high end items.

Now, if that first experience had gone differently, i can see a completely opposite outcome. I hope the NC boards treat you as well as they have me.

As for TP trading... just no. I realize that i'm going to deal with people suffering from ID-10-t disease and i have accepted that. Like when i asked someone who was selling 3 virtupets stamps if i could get a deal for buying all 3. He said yes, then charged me more than the SSW and other stamps of that ilk combined. So i bought them seperately. He NM'd back 2 days later and i explained that i got them for 100K less than he was charging me. He said he charged more for "convenience". *facedesk*

My first experience trading NC, i didn't have a lick of NC on me nor did i have any items. I went to the NC boards and made a topic inquiring about the fantastical chocolate BG or whatever it's called. I just wanted to know how to obtain it and what items i'd need to start. I was given an NC trading guide, a pricing guideline, and someone sent me the BG for free. It was a rather pleasants welcome. And now i have over $2000 in NC and I trade regularly for really high end items.

Now, if that first experience had gone differently, i can see a completely opposite outcome. I hope the NC boards treat you as well as they have me.

As for TP trading... just no. I realize that i'm going to deal with people suffering from ID-10-t disease and i have accepted that. Like when i asked someone who was selling 3 virtupets stamps if i could get a deal for buying all 3. He said yes, then charged me more than the SSW and other stamps of that ilk combined. So i bought them seperately. He NM'd back 2 days later and i explained that i got them for 100K less than he was charging me. He said he charged more for "convenience". *facedesk*

Wow, so neopians CAN sometimes be nice. That's great. I have NC items but no boxes to be able to transfer them, which is my main issue. But I'm pretty content with how I'm able to customize my pets right now. And ID-10-t disease took me a while to get. :laughingsmiley: But yea, the trading post is scary and there are always those people that find any reason to jack up the price. Or the bank on newbies not knowing what an item is truly worth. :sad01_anim: