Maraquan gelert advice?

I've wanted to paint one of my gelerts (currently on my side account but will come back eventually) maraquan since the color was released for gelerts. Even with the changes I still love it. However the PB currently costs about 12m, which is all I have. I was on hiatus for several years and only came back a few months ago so I don't really know what that particular brush has cost in the past since it was only a few mil when I left. Does anybody who has been around the past few years have an opinion about this brush's value? Is it worth buying now, or is the price likely to go down again someday? I'm not holding my breath for a FFQ since I've gone 11 years and never gotten one.

Another (related) question, do those of you with maraquan pets ever have problems with finding customization options? I know gelerts in general don't have a lot of clothing options, and pets with custom bodies are often shorted. What do you think about the options for maraquan pets? My poor mutant gelert can't wear anything and I don't necessarily want two pets with no clothing options.

Thanks in advance for any advice! (And I hope this is the right section to ask this)

The only clothing I've seen on a Maraquan Gelert is the Maraquan Summer Cloak (which, by the way, looks totally adorable on a Maraquan Gelert). I think they can use some masks as well, but other than that I don't think there's a lot of options other than different bg:s.

Well, there is that new Maraquan Cloak in the NC Mall that Maraquan pets can wear.

=62592"]Here is an example of how it would look. I think it looks quite nice! But I donno if you want to spend the NC on it.

There are lots of gorgeous underwater themed items, but all the NP ones are suuuuuper expensive. Like, the NP underwater backgrounds are usually about 600k-800k. :( So if you decide to go this route, expect to spend a lot of NP, or some NC on customising it.

I doubt that the Maraquan PB will go down in price anytime soon, unless it's released as a plot prize at some point. :( So I would either hold out for a FFQ, or just go for it, if you like them that much. :)

Well, there is that new Maraquan Cloak in the NC Mall that Maraquan pets can wear.

Here is an example of how it would look. I think it looks quite nice! But I donno if you want to spend the NC on it.

There are lots of gorgeous underwater themed items, but all the NP ones are suuuuuper expensive. Like, the NP underwater backgrounds are usually about 600k-800k. :( So if you decide to go this route, expect to spend a lot of NP, or some NC on customising it.

I doubt that the Maraquan PB will go down in price anytime soon, unless it's released as a plot prize at some point. :( So I would either hold out for a FFQ, or just go for it, if you like them that much. :)

I would paint my pets special,expensive colors but am now training one by one, but if I do I will not spend NC, because you can get special offers with NC.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on topic. If you have nothing to add to the original topic, please don't post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I would paint my pets special,expensive colors but am now training one by one, but if I do I will not spend NC, because you can get special offers with NC.

This is kind of off topic, but I really would suggest that you don't train all of your pets- it's far more cost effective to just have one battle pet. The NP you save can get you a whole bunch of weapons. :/

Some people really love their NC- and I totally see why. A lot of NC stuff is absolutely gorgeous!

Oh, back on topic- there is this neat Mysterious Morphing Experiment that has some lovely coral foreground/garland/background stuff that would look fab with a Maraquan Gelert. Again, I don't know if you want to spend NC on your pet, but it is beautiful. :)

You guys are right, that cloak is absolutely adorable. I'm not necessarily opposed to nc items but as I've never bought any I don't really know what's available. What's the Mysterious Morphing Experiment? Is it like a capsule or something? I've never looked through the nc mall so I'm a bit ignorant.

You guys are right, that cloak is absolutely adorable. I'm not necessarily opposed to nc items but as I've never bought any I don't really know what's available. What's the Mysterious Morphing Experiment? Is it like a capsule or something? I've never looked through the nc mall so I'm a bit ignorant.

I'm not huge into NC, so other people may have better explanations, but from what I know, Mysterious Morphing Experiments are items you purchase, and they "morph" into various things over time. Like the coral thing I talked about- At one stage, it was a background, at another it was a foreground, at another it was a garland. While it is morphing you can only use the 'active' stage, but once it is all done i think you can choose which of the stages you want to use.

(At least, the similar thing on Gaia Online worked that way, and I haven't heard anything different about Neopets'! :b)

I would look through Dress to Impress, and see what you like, and how you would like to customise your pet. :) You can see which items you like, and how much they'll cost you. (And, if they're NC, if they're still available at the mall, or if you'll have to venture into the scary, scary world of NC trading. Eeep!)

I think then, you'll have a better idea of if you really want the pet or not, and if it is worth it to you. :)

That sounds interesting. Up until today I'd never heard of Dress to Impress. It looks like a great resource. Thanks!

That sounds interesting. Up until today I'd never heard of Dress to Impress. It looks like a great resource. Thanks!

No problem! It's addictive though- I'm not huge into customisation, and I keep going back to play around with it. ^___^ I hope you can find something you really like. :D