Big Brother (USA Version)

Ashbash

Anyone else love Big Brother? The show starts tomorrow (Thursday) night and I'm sooo excited! I've already signed up for the live feeds. (Don't worry, if anyone else here does watch the show I promise I won't post any spoilers in this thread ever.) I've also watched the pre-interviews and picked out who I hope will be my favorites this year. It's pretty much my favorite show that hasn't been cancelled yet lol. Hopefully some people here are watching it so I'll have a few people to talk to about it!

Okay, I will definitely check it out. This is the first time I feel like I like a lot of the newbies right away. I'm so disappointed I was totally sitting here waiting for Happy Hour to start on superpass and then realized it's on tomorrow, not today haha.

• 3 weeks later...

No discussion for 19 days kind of worries me about everyone's opinion on this season of Big Brother :P

This season has been pretty lackluster, there seems to be only two true competitors/strategists (but that's probably because of the coaches). Wil and Joe annoy me to no end, Ashley worries me simply because half the time she just seems....out there. I don't even know if she realizes that she's competing for half a million dollars. Mike Boogie's cocky as hell without Will, but is still pretty entertaining.

I can't stand Joe either and it really disappoints me because he's from my hometown. So I was really hoping he'd be good. I really like Ashley though. I think a lot of her "dumb blonde" act is just that, an act. This may be an unpopular opinion but I'm really hoping the coaches end up in the game on Thursday. Janelle and Dan are my 2 favorite BB players ever and I was so excited they were coming back this season.

I can't stand Joe either and it really disappoints me because he's from my hometown. So I was really hoping he'd be good. I really like Ashley though. I think a lot of her "dumb blonde" act is just that, an act. This may be an unpopular opinion but I'm really hoping the coaches end up in the game on Thursday. Janelle and Dan are my 2 favorite BB players ever and I was so excited they were coming back this season.

The poll's going to be rigged no matter what. CBS needs to add people into the game, this season isn't going to be ending this quick. And who better to add to the game than the coaches? I admit, I am getting sick of CBS bringing back all of these previous houseguests every season but I can't argue too much against it - they've been the only entertaining houseguests the past few seasons.

I was really excited when Janelle and Mike were announced as coaches; I was originally wanting Britney, Janelle, Mike, and Will and it seems like I got 3 people out of the 4 that I wanted :)

I'm sure the poll will be rigged but Julie said give the coaches the "option." So that is what worries me. Brit has made it very clear that she'll be very angry if the coaches are part of the game as that's not what she signed up for and just wants to coach. I personally love the bringing back of past houseguests. I'd probably feel differently if I was in the house competing for that prize but since I'm at home watching I love it.

I do feel terrible for Jodi though. I don't think it was necessary to send someone home after like 8 hours or however long she got to be there.

I'm sure the poll will be rigged but Julie said give the coaches the "option." So that is what worries me. Brit has made it very clear that she'll be very angry if the coaches are part of the game as that's not what she signed up for and just wants to coach. I personally love the bringing back of past houseguests. I'd probably feel differently if I was in the house competing for that prize but since I'm at home watching I love it.

I do feel terrible for Jodi though. I don't think it was necessary to send someone home after like 8 hours or however long she got to be there.

Yeah, that's mainly why I don't want to see so many former houseguests return. You've already had your chance to try and win, why do you deserve another? (unless it's an All-Star season) Let other people have a chance to enjoy the BB experience and have a chance at the half million dollar prize.

I agree, I don't think it was necessary to send someone like Jodi home so quick. Plus, if she wasn't sent home, it would've added another week to the season, which could possibly mean that you wouldn't need to bring up the option to the coaches to return to the game.

I still love them being there! I think they've had it planned out from the beginning to put the coaches in though. Because they've always known when their finale was.

By the way did you know Frank is Psycho Sid's son?

I still love them being there! I think they've had it planned out from the beginning to put the coaches in though. Because they've always known when their finale was.

By the way did you know Frank is Psycho Sid's son?

Yeah I knew, that's why I've been rooting for him all this time :P

Kind of strange that he hasn't acknowledged his dad in any way, shape, or form though, not even in some sort of diary room interview. Nothing about his dad (I think) in his HoH pictures either. Would've been cool to see a pro wrestling reference inside the BB house, two of my favorite things :D

That's why I liked him a bit too but ultimately I will be for Dan and Janelle. I've enjoyed listening to Sid's interviews about him in the BB house though.

He has acknowledged his dad on the Pre-season interviews. He made it seem like they weren't close though. Like he was a lot closer with his mom and brother.

Well, that was a nice surprising move that made me sick to my stomach (Shane putting up Frank as POV replacement).

If Frank goes out this week, I hope Janelle's players and Danielle will be smart enough to knock out Shane the next. If both guys are gone, it's pretty much an even playing field for everyone else.

Janelle seems to be such a washed-up form of her previous self, having to resort to sucking up but I guess it's primarily because she's a coach. Just seems weird seeing her suck up to Britany like that.

Speaking of which, I feel like Britany's been the best coach so far in terms of strategizing and being smart. She takes what Janelle and Boogie says with a grain of salt, and analyzes every situation possible with Shane. Dan only has one player left and is riding low (which is good), Boogie's been as cocky as hell without Dr. Will, and Janelle hasn't really done much.

I don't really see Janelle as being washed up. I think she's learned from her game in the past and really learned from Chilltown. I think she's doing a pretty good job. I mean she basically convinced brit and shane to change the nomination and possibly saved her players.

I think Brit's been the worst coach but that's just me. I feel like she really helped push Willie over the edge and instead of trying to stop him she just started crying. Brit's been lucky that her team can win competitions and has had power a lot through the game where as the others haven't.

I don't really see Janelle as being washed up. I think she's learned from her game in the past and really learned from Chilltown. I think she's doing a pretty good job. I mean she basically convinced brit and shane to change the nomination and possibly saved her players.

I think Brit's been the worst coach but that's just me. I feel like she really helped push Willie over the edge and instead of trying to stop him she just started crying. Brit's been lucky that her team can win competitions and has had power a lot through the game where as the others haven't.

Hmm, I do see your point with Janelle changing Britney's and Shane's minds. It's just weird for me to see her basically sucking up to the people in power; I'm so used to seeing her actually IN power.

And yeah, Brit is somewhat lucky that Shane's doing so good, but Brit was also smart enough to pick someone with an all-around game like Shane. Keep in mind there aren't really any "powerhouse" competitors this season, and picking TWO competitors like that was really smart. Too bad WIllie blew up before Brit could use him to her advantage though :P

"This is Big Brother. YOU CAN BOUNCE CHECKS." = best line ever.

Loved the Sid Vicious segment on the show, really cool that they acknowledged that Sid is Frank's dad. Kind of sad to hear him talk though and to see how bad he's aged.

Coaches coming back in was meh; Janelle and Mike Boogie (and consequently, their players) better win HoH or one of them is probably out. That's probably why Boogie didn't press the button, everyone knows how he plays so he knew he would be a dead man if he came back in.

Boogie didn't press the button because he was under the impression Frank was staying in the game (he wasn't) and he'd have the best chance at winning the 100k over the other coaches.

This is the same dude that took six grand for himself (a former BB winner) instead of giving it to someone else who needed it (Ian).

Believe me, he would've definitely gone into the game if he knew he had a chance. 500K > 100K. But he knew he'd be a dead man if he entered the game.

Believe me. I watched Boogie say it verbatim to Dan that as long as Frank was in the game, he would NOT enter as a coach as he believed he had the upper hand over the rest of the coaches.

The DR was asking the coaches questions about coming into the game all week last week. They were aware of what was going to happen in the sense they'd be offered a chance at coming in. Boogie was well aware that it was smarter for him to stay a coach as long as Frank was in the house [and Joe be evicted].

I've listened to Boogie whining about being in the game since Thursday. He did NOT want to come into the game at all - ever.