Sims 3 Downloads

izibizi

Yesterday I finally (after about 2 years) could install it :D

But uhhm there weren't many clothes and stuff, so I searched some sites. Actually I thought this would be easier but I'm not comfortable with any of them. I'm currently using thesimssourcery. Anyway, when I find something I want, I download it. And so I have many things I've downloaded and then I try to open them all. Most of them work, a few of them not (idk why, but I delete them).

Everything looks okay but whenever I try to create a Sim, at some point the game crashes down and doesn't work anymore.

When I do not have any downloads, it works.

I never know what's exactely the problem, which download I should uninstall and delete.

And for other people the downloads I found work, so it's very confusing...

Any tips? Where do you get your clothes, hair, houses etc. from?

Or am I the only one playing Sims here? :mellow:

Make sure you're installing them correctly and are putting packages in the packages folder and sims3packs in the downloads folder.

Make sure you have the right expansion pack(s) for the meshes (some will only work if you have a specific expansion, but most are compatible)

Make sure what you download is for The Sims 3 and not for The Sims 2.

If you're looking for downloads, try mysims3blog.blogspot.com

hmm, what hrtbrk said is totally true, make sure you check all of this...

oh, and here's a very reliable website: modthesims.info

I only download stuff from the sims3 site and that tends to work fine for me. I'm also on a mac though so that might have something to do with me. I've heard it's important to make sure your game is updated so if there are updates you need to do those too.

It is updated. Back then it was way easier in my opinion!

On thesimssourcery it doesn't really say for what pack it is, I currently only have the basic Sims 3.

Make sure you're installing them correctly and are putting packages in the packages folder and sims3packs in the downloads folder.

Make sure you have the right expansion pack(s) for the meshes (some will only work if you have a specific expansion, but most are compatible)

Make sure what you download is for The Sims 3 and not for The Sims 2.

If you're looking for downloads, try mysims3blog.blogspot.com

Alright... But I can't find the folder for packages? Only the Download Folder.

Mod the Sims is awesome, as above posters have already stated c; I also get a lot of things from Parsimonious c:

Didn't The Sims 3 come with a package installer? If not, I think there's one at MTS. There is also at least one well written guide on how to install your downloads on Mod the Sims.

I did. I unistalled most of the things and it worked. Now I installed a few from Mod of the Sims and it happend again. Gooosh, I had enough ._. It's so annoying. Also, there are only a few hairstyles? I never find the things I'm looking for x_x

Well, let's try if at least all the packages work!

Edit:

Some of them worked, some of them didn't. However, cause they were all for the Basic Game.

Then it crashed down again, without having any of the new downloads.

The problem is that I never know what package/download doesn't work, I mean I can't check after every single one.

It reeaally gets on my nerves ._.

Don't forget to read up on things before trying! It could really break your game!

Package files are different than sims3packs, and end in the extension ".package" They are different from Sims3packs and should NOT go into the Downloads folder.

These will go in the Mods -> Packages folder.

Steps on what to do, and framework, are here: http://www.modthesim...Setup_and_Files

How many downloads do you have?

Don't forget to read up on things before trying! It could really break your game!

Package files are different than sims3packs, and end in the extension ".package" They are different from Sims3packs and should NOT go into the Downloads folder.

These will go in the Mods -> Packages folder.

Steps on what to do, and framework, are here: http://www.modthesim...Setup_and_Files

How many downloads do you have?

I know, I know.I did it right, I also tested it first. But what should I read? I always tried to check if it's correct, what the comments say. But everytime I think it should be fine. I have 40 packages in the file. I just noticed that there was a sim in there. Maybe that was the reason? I bet not but I'll try again...

EDIT:

It didn't work. If only there was a way to see which download/package doesn't work...

You'll have to do it the hard way. Take them all out and add them in on a smaller scale to see what is causing the conflict.

Either 1 by 1 or in groups of 5...

Are you using packages or sims3packs? Where did you download from? How many downloads do you have?

Do you have an outdated mod that doesn't run on the current patch?

Typically, hairs, clothes & makeup will always work UNLESS the mesh is specific to an expansion pack that you don't have, but even then, it will just show up blank in CAS.

Can your computer handle the requirements to play Sims 3?

You'll have to do it the hard way. Take them all out and add them in on a smaller scale to see what is causing the conflict.

Either 1 by 1 or in groups of 5...

Are you using packages or sims3packs? Where did you download from? How many downloads do you have?

Do you have an outdated mod that doesn't run on the current patch?

Typically, hairs, clothes & makeup will always work UNLESS the mesh is specific to an expansion pack that you don't have, but even then, it will just show up blank in CAS.

Can your computer handle the requirements to play Sims 3?

I deleted EVERYTHING except the few downloads I bought directly from the Sims Store. And I still can't create a Sim :grrr:

Yes my computer can, it all works fine (I slowed down the quality though cause it stucked a bit by moving)....

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game? If there's no custom content causing the conflict, it's really your only option at this point.

Now it works,, every download was okay... I got 2 programs for checking my packages and everything and deleting caches, and deleting them was the thing I had to do I guess :)