This Heat is UNBEARABLE.

~Ğǿǿmy~

It's horrible. Recently, it was 103 degrees. Ugh!

Most days, I can't stay outside for more than ten minutes.

I wish it was like the summer a few years ago. 80 Degrees Fahrenheit everyday :3

I'll put it this way...it was too hot for me and my friends to even deal with going swimming. We just opted to stay in and hang out. XD

Welcome to North America. Summers are miserable here. Unless you live really far up North or in the Pacific Northwest where triple degree digits seldom exist and there is no humidity. Unfortunately, the weather the rest of the continent is getting is coming towards us. Tomorrow it'll be 90 degrees! Plus, the heat this year for the entire country has been record breaking. It hasn't been this hot since...I can't recall.

I'm actually rather cold inside because of the AC.

The heat here has been ridiculous. I'm praying for some rain to cool it off, but I don't think it's supposed to rain anytime soon. I've been living next to my AC these past few days. Can't stand going out in such terrible heat. I'm counting down the days until it's winter, or at least autumn. :P

As I said, American summers are miserable. And is it just me or do they keep getting worse every year? A long time ago, I was so ignorant at how horrid summers in the rest of the country were (ours are lovely, not deadly). My eyes have been opened to how bad summer is for the rest of America since last year,

And, I was thinking about this crazy, stupid idea: If I were anyplace else in the US, I wonder if I could fry some bacon on the street? Yeah, just take some oil, and get some bacon and see if it cooks!

It'll get that hot here eventually, we're getting your awful summer here tomorrow.

As I said, American summers are miserable. And is it just me or do they keep getting worse every year? A long time ago, I was so ignorant at how horrid summers in the rest of the country were (ours are lovely, not deadly). My eyes have been opened to how bad summer is for the rest of America since last year,

I think it's gradually getting worse - I don't know about other places, but here it's been a lot hotter than normal in the past few years (and also a lot wetter!). Besides, the heat has been record breaking in some places this year!

It's not as hot as some places where I live, but it's regularly been getting up above 30 C, and we don't have air conditioning. D: I also work outdoors in steel-toed boots and jeans, sometimes for 14 hours/day, so it takes its toll pretty quickly. I just want to go to the beach!

I think it's gradually getting worse - I don't know about other places, but here it's been a lot hotter than normal in the past few years (and also a lot wetter!). Besides, the heat has been record breaking in some places this year!

It's not as hot as some places where I live, but it's regularly been getting up above 30 C, and we don't have air conditioning. D: I also work outdoors in steel-toed boots and jeans, sometimes for 14 hours/day, so it takes its toll pretty quickly. I just want to go to the beach!

Then you should take a day off and throw up your shoes and chill at the beach!

It's not too bad where I live--the highs have only gotten into the 90s, and I'm used to 110 degree summers from where I lived before.

Except.

Where I lived before had air conditioning.

Where I lived before was not on a third (and top) floor--and heat rises.

Where I lived before was not above a bunch of smokers--and the heat from that rises too.

It is consistently 120 degrees in our apartment. Fans do nothing. Opening windows does nothing. The only thing I can do is constantly dunk myself in the shower. I also soak my underwear in water and stick it in the freezer. Desperate times...

Apparently my wish for some rain came true. It rained here a little earlier this morning, which knocked the temp down a couple degrees. It's still hot enough to need the AC on though. I'm hoping it'll rain again later and maybe cool it down a bit more.

So, who hates summer yet? I know if I lived anyplace else in the US, I'd DESPISE summer.

Well, 90 degrees today. And with the heat getting worse and worse each year, anybody suspect anything? Could global climate change be why summers are becoming the worst season ever?

I recall winter over here being unusually warm with very little snow, and I remember reading something about El Nino/La Nina. Reading into it a little bit, I think it's entirely possible we're in an El Nino year. Everything seems to fit the weather conditions now. Take a look at Wiki's page to learn more about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Nino

Also, a lot of the news I'm reading seems to suggest it.

If that's the case, next summer probably won't be as awful.

Hmmm that really makes me dread August and even early September down here now. I'm not much of a summer person anyway, I prefer if it's going to be "hot" it won't be humid and it'll run between 70 and 80. I'm more of a cool/cold weather person.

And meanwhile it's raining nonstop in England.

Dear United Kingdom,

Please give us some of your rain, we could really use it right now. And especially seeing as you'd like a break from the rain I;'m sure you won't mind.

With love,

Your friends across the pond.

(I think we are all jealous of the Brits right now. :laughingsmiley: And the States are jealous of my part of the country. I wish Oregon would let the rest of the country have some of the rain, poor, dry rest of the country, :sad02:)

Been 100F and super humid here... I haven't really minded though ^^ dry with plenty of rain is just what I like. Much better weather than what we've had the past few years. I've been doing nothing but work out in the barn the past week and must have gotten used to the heat... I've even found myself turning off the air conditioning once in a while because it gets too cold in here for me. o.o At first I hated it but now not so much.

It's not bad here, especially considering it's winter. My hands get a tad on the cool side but it hasn't actually been cold (like..under 5 degrees celcius) in a few days I think.

I'm in PA. We are having such hot weather our grass is green and crops are going bad in certain areas. Thank god I have a pool or I just may die of dehydration.

It's been a steady 100 degrees up here in PA, and since we have humidity.. It's around 105 really. Pretty ridiculous!