ok so .. did i do anything wrong ??

Angeló

you know how today is half price day ? i managed to restock a melodica from the music shop for a little bit over 1000 np ... there are only two on the TP going for 400k and they've been there for more than a week /// personally i know i can never sell it for this price .. it's R88 and new but i wont pay 400k for it myself ... so ... i put it in my shop for 99k and advertised it on the neoboards ... but a minute later i got an angry neomail accusing me of devaluing this item ... i mean , it's my item right ? i am free to sell it for as much as i want .. i am satisfied with a 98k profit ... how am i "devaluing" the item ??? it was sold and the person who bought it is now selling it on the TP for 400k ... if they could get this price for it then it's great ... but i didn't devalue it ... it's still going for 400k (hypothetical price) ........

No, like Brittney said, you didn't do anything wrong. For you to be able to devalue an item, I think you'd have to buy up a majority of said item and sell it for a lower sum.

i dont understand how you can be devaluing the item when you only had one. its not like you had 50 and put them all for 99k, while there are only 2 others on the boards for 400k. regardless its each person's choice to sell an item for whatever price they want. honestly the person was probably just upset because they haven't been able to sell theirs and is just taking it out on you.

AND, since the person who bought it is listing it for 400k, its literally at the exact same selling price as before. some people have no life :)

Lol, that happened to me also. I was able to RS a newly released foreground, I checked the TP and saw 5 different lots but the seller was the same player. I slashed 50K from his asking price and voila, after a minute of posting it the other seller mailed me not to devalue it blah blah and that he aready is earning so much NP from it blah blah. I reported it of course. And what do you know, all his lots were cancelled. :D I believe it is against the rules to collude with other players and inflate items.

I believe it is against the rules to collude with other players and inflate items.

I think I've read this somewhere too, and I think it may work both ways. I can't find if it's stated anywhere, but it seems to me that ganging up with other people in an attempt to either inflate or deflate an item is against the rules.

However, a single person alone can't affect the economy that much, so you can sell your stuff for whatever you want!

I don't think you're devaluing it. NO one is going to pay 400k anyways, and in a few weeks tops, it will be down to 99k (if not lower). Besides, the real value is probably more like 200k tops so you're not selling it at a stupid price.

I RS'd a dubloon-o-matic stamp when they were new and happily sold it for 250k when it was 700k on the TP. There's nothing wrong with quickselling things, especially a new HTS that's not a high rarity.

I also RS'd a lot of new clothes from the attic before and being lazy, I left them in my trades for a long time until they went from 500k+ to 60k.

Lol, that happened to me also. I was able to RS a newly released foreground, I checked the TP and saw 5 different lots but the seller was the same player. I slashed 50K from his asking price and voila, after a minute of posting it the other seller mailed me not to devalue it blah blah and that he aready is earning so much NP from it blah blah. I reported it of course. And what do you know, all his lots were cancelled. :D I believe it is against the rules to collude with other players and inflate items.

Great one! I particularly like the well placed smiley he he he.

People have to remember its only a game. Its nice every now and then to get a bargain and to get rid of stuff cheap. I've never bothered getting anything I wanted from auctions or restocks.. I dont have the skill. But congratulations for those that win!

I concur with pretty much everything that has been said, but also, if someone thinks a person is selling too cheap, why don't they just buy it and try to resell for what they think it's worth? I mean, if it really is worth that much, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Same thing happened to me with a darigan yooyu plushie from last year's AC. I put it up for 1 mil, and I got angry messages complaining that it was worth at least 4 mil. But a year later, I still have it and the only other one on the TP is up for 1 mil. Hmm...I smell irony.

But anyway, you're fine. It's your item to sell, not their's.

I actually get more upset with people who buy up every one of an item that I want to buy and make the price higher (like with codestones). That being said, it is entirely inappropriate to neomail someone about it.

It's like what the guy on the show Pawn Stars always says: people can ask any price they want... but smart sellers sell for a price where they make a profit and that they know the market will respond to

I'd have to agree too, I always price my items lower than what I find the general price to be - and like someone else already said, why send you an angry neomail? Just buy it and resell it for whatever you think it should be worth, if that's the case.