Happy Canada Day!

Rebecca~

Okay, so I'm such a terrible Canadian that I forgot that it was Canada Day yesterday until I remembered that I didn't have to go to work today.

So a belated post to celebrate some of the cool things about Canada.

1) Canada is really, really pretty.

canadian-rockies.jpg

Northern-lights-in-Canada-006.jpg

And Canadians are a little strange.

Vancouver.jpg

We have gay marriage (and universal health care, and free access to abortion. Whoo!).

li-same-sex-620.jpg

Our Conservative leader is still about as progressive as the US' Democratic leader.

800_cp_stephen_harper_funding_110410.jpg

(I still hate you, Harper, but thank you for not being scary conservative.)

The world sees us as being polite. That's pretty awesome. :)

6122149463330357_dnBvhMpO_f.jpg

Also, we are really big. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1lzpfQXsw

(Canada's Really Big by The Arrogant Worms)

So yay for Canada. Most Canadians I know are pretty apathetic most of the year, but most of us would rather not live anywhere else.

Happy belated Canada-day c: Canada is really, really pretty! I could definitely consider living in a remote part of Canada, surrounded by forest, mountains and lakes (that's how I picture Canada : b)

In fact, visiting Canada is on my bucket list c:

This is where I'll live:

canada491.jpg

And this is my cabin:

95eebb5c96163a453702a238bfbce52df1d7f7b7_m.jpg

And this is (going to be) my pet Grizzly bear:

chow-chow_131598996.jpg

(I know he looks a lot like a Chow Chow, but he really is a grizzly.... *cough*)

Oh, and sorry for the image 'spamming' :c I don't know how to hide them behinde the spoiler tag :c

Happy belated Canada-day c: I'll definitely come visit one day, haha c;

And yeah, Canada is really pretty!

:3

It's super pretty! I'd love to do a road trip across the country one day, but the praries would freak me out a little. :( Nothing wrong with them or anything, but I would miss my mountains. It's like they're hugging me. ^_^

Wow, I didn't know Canada was so pretty. Will have to visit one day, most definitely!

Happy (late) Canada Day! :happydance:

Heh! :D

Canada is gorgeous. I just posted two tiny parts of the second largest country. I am especially fond of the West coast, because we have the mountains all around us, beaches, forests, etc. It is absolutely lovely. The East coast is also supposed to be really lovely, especially Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland. Lots of greenery, and I think PEI has red sand on their beaches. Beautiful.

Up North is lovely, but too cold for me, haha. I will stick to just seeing photos. ;) Montreal and Vancouver are my favourites, city-wise. Both have amazing architecture and personality. :)

Happy belated Canada Day! ;) I have plans to move to Canada in the coming couple of years. Really such a beautiful country.

Aww, really? :D That's awesome! Do you know where you'll be moving to?

At first I had wanted to move to Vancouver, but now I'm leaning towards Winnipeg.

Winnipeg is lovely! But Vancouver has a much more moderate climate. We get a looooot of rain, but very little snow or extreme heat. Winnipeg (and the rest of the praries) is the opposite. Lots and lots of snow all winter long, and seriously hot summers. Cheaper housing though.

Winnipeg is lovely! But Vancouver has a much more moderate climate. We get a looooot of rain, but very little snow or extreme heat. Winnipeg (and the rest of the praries) is the opposite. Lots and lots of snow all winter long, and seriously hot summers. Cheaper housing though.

Yeah, I definitly need cheaper housing. :P Maybe I'll live in Winnipeg for a little, and then relocate to Vancouver, haha. Part of me has really always wanted to live there.

Happy late Canada Day! You guys are doing what it takes for me to move over to Canada. You guys do have awesome sights and attractions to behold. I mainly liked Canada for Red Green, as well as some of their good cartoons they have to offer.

Please take me to Canada someday...

Happy belated Canada Day everyone! I was going to post yesterday, but then I got hom really late from my cottage...well at least I got to watch fireworks from the car!

And yeah, Canada's a really pretty, and the people are really nice here (especially in smaller cities/towns).

Happy Belated Canada Day!

I've always heard about how beautiful and clean Canada is and the pictures always show it.

It's one of the countries in the world I would love to visit.

It really is a gorgeous country. :D Some parts are more beautiful than others, and some are definitely cleaner than others, haha, but they all have their charm. :)

Yeah, I definitly need cheaper housing. :P Maybe I'll live in Winnipeg for a little, and then relocate to Vancouver, haha. Part of me has really always wanted to live there.

Hahaa, yeah, that's probably a sensible choice. I moved into Vancouver from a suburb a couple of months ago, and I was pretty shocked by how expensive it was. I love it, and I wouldn't move back, not in a million years, but wow. o.o

Happy late Canada Day! You guys are doing what it takes for me to move over to Canada. You guys do have awesome sights and attractions to behold. I mainly liked Canada for Red Green, as well as some of their good cartoons they have to offer.

Please take me to Canada someday...

Awww, we would take you! :3

I kind of remember Red Green from when I was a kid, lol. :3

Happy belated Canada Day everyone! I was going to post yesterday, but then I got hom really late from my cottage...well at least I got to watch fireworks from the car!

And yeah, Canada's a really pretty, and the people are really nice here (especially in smaller cities/towns).

Awww, lucky you! The closest place for me to go watch fireworks is the town I just moved from, and I don't want to go back if I don't have to (too make red neck wanna-bes!), so my girlfriend and I had a lazy day at home instead. x3 So patriotic, lolol.

Well I won't be going to Canada anytime soon but I just realized I could visit "Canada" when I'm at Disney World this week. It's one of the countries in the World Showcase lol.

lol! :3 I wonder how they show us!

:3

It's super pretty! I'd love to do a road trip across the country one day, but the praries would freak me out a little. :( Nothing wrong with them or anything, but I would miss my mountains. It's like they're hugging me. ^_^

LOL, I'm from the prairies and I feel the exact opposite. Not being able to see for miles makes me claustrophobic. :laughingsmiley:

They don't have the traditional beauty that mountains seem to possess, but it's nevertheless a very nice place. ^_^ Would recommend!

p.s. Happy Canada Day!

LOL, I'm from the prairies and I feel the exact opposite. Not being able to see for miles makes me claustrophobic. :laughingsmiley:

They don't have the traditional beauty that mountains seem to possess, but it's nevertheless a very nice place. ^_^ Would recommend!

p.s. Happy Canada Day!

Hahaha, my grandfather always said the same thing! He lived in Manitoba his entire life, and he came out once after I was born, and he never came to see us again. XD He hated being surrounded by the mountains.

While I'm from the US, I'd like to wish you guys a happy belated Canada Day. :) My family and I actually went to Toronto to celebrate once. Being from Michigan, I could get there fairly quickly if I wanted to. xD I had a blast, though. We saw Niagara Falls, and we got to visit the zoo and stuff.

I'm not going to lie. In the past, I have had some negative encounters with Canadians who think they're better than us, because they have universal health care and ice hockey and they "burned down the White House in the War of 1812" and stuff like that, but eh. I know not all Canadians are like that, thanks to the Internet. Every country has its stupid blind nationalists.

While I'm from the US, I'd like to wish you guys a happy belated Canada Day. :) My family and I actually went to Toronto to celebrate once. Being from Michigan, I could get there fairly quickly if I wanted to. xD I had a blast, though. We saw Niagara Falls, and we got to visit the zoo and stuff.

I'm not going to lie. In the past, I have had some negative encounters with Canadians who think they're better than us, because they have universal health care and ice hockey and they "burned down the White House in the War of 1812" and stuff like that, but eh. I know not all Canadians are like that, thanks to the Internet. Every country has its stupid blind nationalists.

Yeah, we definitely do have some people who have a superiority complex. I do tend to bring up that stuff (well, minus the hockey. I just don't care about that, lol), but only in discussion with Americans who are idiotic blind nationalists about the US. Sorry, the US is just as flawed as other countries, just in your own unique ways. :P Heh. It's important to remember that, I think- all countries have negatives and positives, and forgetting that about either is doing that country a huge diservice! :)

Going to Toronto on Canada Day must have been a tonne of fun! I'd love to see Niagra Falls one day. :) The only time I've ever been in Toronto though was on a stopover on a flight to Cuba. XD So I never even left the airport.

Happy 4th of July! :)

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to come across as mean. :( Not saying the US isn't flawed, but we won't go into that.

Oh, it was one of my favorite vacations ever. I had a blast. :) I hope you get to visit Toronto sometime. It's a great city.

Thank you.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to come across as mean. :( Not saying the US isn't flawed, but we won't go into that.

Oh, it was one of my favorite vacations ever. I had a blast. :) I hope you get to visit Toronto sometime. It's a great city.

Thank you.

Oh no, it wasn't mean at all! I have definitely met people like you described that are just fiercly nationalistic and unreasonable (my father, unfortunately, is one. >.> most of our discussions end up as fights). I just know that I have mentioned some of the things you listed, and I hate to think of myself as hypocritical, haha. :)

I can't wait to go there now! :)