Lab frustration

chiaroscruo

My lab pet on my side account (the only lab rat I have atm) hasn't changed color in over two months and species in four or five (I don't keep a record anymore). I zap him every day but it's about 50% stat changes and 50% nothing. It's getting really boring. Anybody else ever get into lengthy lab slumps?

-raises hand-

I think we all have. I know it gets boring, but watch, you'll be super surprised by a fantastic colour change. :) My lab rat just turned Maractite this week- pity I don't like Eyries, haha.

Same here. I also keep a log of zaps, and for the most part, could see a projected pattern of when species or colour changes would happen.

Ever since the Lab Ray Cookies released, changes come few and far between. LAME!!!!!

Scopto: Maractite is so cool! I feel the same way though, I hope he doesn't change into a great color like that while he's still a koi. I like koi but not for this pet. Personality doesn't match to me.

Haliaetus: At least other people understand my pain :laughingsmiley:

Hrtbrk: Maybe that's my problem, I don't buy NC so I don't get fortune cookies. I should start a log again. I always did when I was zapping on my main account.

Same here. I also keep a log of zaps, and for the most part, could see a projected pattern of when species or colour changes would happen.

Ever since the Lab Ray Cookies released, changes come few and far between. LAME!!!!!

i agree! which is not so great since i was anticipating the cookies to make changes happen faster!

Scopto: Maractite is so cool! I feel the same way though, I hope he doesn't change into a great color like that while he's still a koi. I like koi but not for this pet. Personality doesn't match to me.

Haliaetus: At least other people understand my pain :laughingsmiley:

Hrtbrk: Maybe that's my problem, I don't buy NC so I don't get fortune cookies. I should start a log again. I always did when I was zapping on my main account.

Well, if he does, just keep zapping away. :) You will get lots of good colours over time, and you will definitely change species. :) (Korbat to Grarrl to Ogrin to Shoyru to a couple of others to Eyrie... lol)

Anybody else ever get into lengthy lab slumps?

Well, I did when my pet Seismi was a lab rat... I was just aiming for stat changes and based on zapping logs from other Neopians who had logged 300+ or 400+ zaps, on average the stat change per zap was +0.6. My results after 100+ zaps however were not just less positive, but even negative. Asking around on Charter gave me more logs and while some reported only slight increases, over 2000+ logged zaps all showed some sort of increase, while I remained with a negative outcome :(

Oh well, just relying on FQ cookies for Seismi right now, as I have morphed him in his (for now) final form :)

Hmm, I got a Water Wocky and a Robot Pteri in my first week, then nothing for about 6 weeks until just now when I got a Christmas Jubjub (meh) but yeah, I get a lot of nothing, which is boring.

ewald: I never cared much about stat changes since that's not what I was zapping for but now that you say that I did get a pretty substantial increase on my first lab pet. Weird that you didn't :(

dynohawk: I feel like they always give you more transformations in the beginning, maybe to make you feel better about spending so much on the map!

Ashbash: I did that too, but now I force myself since I'm tired of him being a checkered koi.

thunderclanf: A year! Wow I hope it doesn't take that long for him to change. You're way more patient than me. At least you can get an avatar from a jetsam though, so there's a bright side if you didn't already have chomp.

lovedwallflower: You point out another thing I didn't notice but is totally true. My lab pet is always my active, although I didn't even think about Boochi. I've never seen him and I've been around off and on since 2002. I would be paranoid about him now but I've also never gotten a fountain faerie quest and only seen the pant devil once so I'm just going to assume I'm unlucky at getting random events :)

It's pretty sadistic to have a random event that permanently changes the appearance of your pet. I also keep my lab rat as my active pet for that reason. I guess I'll switch to my grundo, as it's only orange, once I get a colour/species combo that I'm happy with. But if all four of my pets become something I'm satisfied with, I don't know what I'll do... I've never had the Boochi event or anything like it, but I am fearful of it happening and I'm going to be very frustrated if it does.

It's pretty sadistic to have a random event that permanently changes the appearance of your pet. I also keep my lab rat as my active pet for that reason. I guess I'll switch to my grundo, as it's only orange, once I get a colour/species combo that I'm happy with. But if all four of my pets become something I'm satisfied with, I don't know what I'll do... I've never had the Boochi event or anything like it, but I am fearful of it happening and I'm going to be very frustrated if it does.

It is pretty mean. :( Most people, once they get their permies, keep their cheapest pet active. Like, my two goals are an Alien Aisha, and a Faerie Shoyru- I'll be keeping the Faerie Shoyru active, because while that PB is expensive, at least I don't have to wait for a FFQ. :b

I was lucky enough to buy all the pieces a few years back when the economy was good so I think I paid 800k for the set. If I ever get another side account I'll probably have to trade pets and zap on my main again. It's amazing to me how many neopoints some people earn every day!

I almost forgot to use my lab zap today... I paint all my pets with actual brushes/MPs and just kind of use the lab ray for fun on a pet I don't care about. No point relying on something so random when I can get nice things guaranteed through simple time and restocking/games.

But I haven't seen anything 1-2 months. Not too long, I guess, but boring.

I have my main pet (Royal Krawk) which I wont zap, but going to zap a Poogle I've just used a morphing Potion on as I want Plushie/MSP so badly!

Had 2 Desert zaps, One brown and one fire in the past 3 month, none I liked :L