My computer is going mad!

izibizi

Sooooo, I often have problems with my computer but sometimes, if have BIG ONES. And these kinda only happen to me. So here we go again:

Maybe you've already heard about the virus that let's you think you have to pay something for illegal downloaden stuff, blabla. Anyways, my computer wasn't working. I couldn't go on the desktop or anything and since my computer drive (?sorry I'm german :D) isn't working anymore, too (longer time ago) I couldn't put any rescue cd in.

Later on, a friend of mine got me an usb drive but whenever it was about to do something, my computer shutted down directly. After many tries we finally did something, we could go back on the desktop. Everything seemed okay at the first view but it was loading and then my computer shutted down again. Continuing.

So today he brought him to someone who's good with computers and he installed me the new computer drive and now my computer doesn't shuts down anymore, but my brother said that the problem now is that it doesn't has windows anymore; I can't go on the desktop?

Ugggh nothing's working, for months! I was so close to Habi Lv. 50 :(

It's so depressing! I'm totally afraid my whole things like pictures will be deleted cause I'm a hobby photographer and that would be AWUL!

Anyone can help? I don't think so but yea I'll give it a try...

Thanks for reading this :)

I don't think I can really help but I'm sorry about all the trouble you're having. Have you thought about buying a portable hard drive to just put your photos on so if something does happen you don't lose all your work?

One friend is searching again for any solution well maybe I'll call someone again, I don't know.

But I remember once I called someone and he said my harddrive wasn't working anymore and he just put a new one in and I was a bit younger and confused and then I started my computer and had to do everything again, all my things were removed without a warning... I don't know, I don't like these people :mellow:

ugh im sorry. this happened to my sister's computer recently. if you find out a solution let me know. cuz she doesn't want to lose her pictures either

whats weird is...they randomly say neopets is offline,when it isn't!on my computer.i feel sorry for you.what was bad was...when it was like...i'd say 22 days ago,it said something about T-Mobile...and hotspot,which i already had...and now...spent money...and now....the hotspot is worse than ever!

Yeah, your hard disk is where all your data is stored. Photos, files, music, everything. If you have had your hard disk replaced, and don't have a backup copy of your files, then you will have lost them all. It seems very strange though that a technician would do that and not back up your files for you, they can usually retrieve files off even corrupted hard disks. You may have to give him a call and see if he still have your old hard disk, he might still be able to retrieve stuff.

So, you can boot your computer, but can't reach the desktop? Sounds like that guy wiped your computer/added a new hard disk and didn't even reinstall Windows, or just did a bad job of it. Honestly, this whole thing sounds like a very poor tech job, but don't take my word for it.

So yeah, give him a call and see if he can retrieve anything off your disk. If not a fully-fledged technician myself, but I know a thing or two. Good luck with that, and if you have lost everything, lesson learned, always have a backup or two!

I don't think he has and he wouldn't even know which one it was. It was only someone from the service hotline I called from the onces who made this computer... This was also back then, it's non of the thing that's going on now. That was like a year or two ago!

I really don't know what the person now did... :tired:

So today he brought him to someone who's good with computers and he installed me the new computer drive and now my computer doesn't shuts down anymore, but my brother said that the problem now is that it doesn't has windows anymore; I can't go on the desktop?

It seems to me, what happened here was that the computer guy installed a new hard drive into your computer, but did not install an operating system. The hard drive is kind of like the brains of the computer, it's where aaaall the files are stored and where the operating system (in your case, windows) is installed. If you replace the hard drive, you lose everything.

What you basically have now is a completely blank computer, and without the operating system it doesn't know how to communicate with you! To fix this and get your desktop back, you're going to need to purchase a Windows install disc (make sure it's a clean install and not an upgrade disc). Once you have that, you should be able to put the CD into your computer and it will begin installing.

Unfortunately, unless you have the old hard drive you will not be able to get all of your files back. Those of us in the technology industry (or in my case, studying to be) tend to be very weary of things like this happening, and I can tell you that I have all of my important files backed up in at least 3 locations - two different computers, and a USB external drive. (I'm also a photographer, so I'm very protective of my photos!) I would highly recommend getting a USB flash drive or something similar to save multiple copies of your important files in the future.

Well that guy told me what he may do and that everything will be okay in the end, he's going to safe my files... He may just install Windows again in the worst case after saving my files. I'll let you know what happened :)

Yes, I have to buy one... But actually I don't know how expensive they are?

• 3 months later...

hi thanks for your information

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant. Also, please keep posts 7 words or more.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.