The big manga and anime club :)

Alynniae

HEEEEEEY EVERYBODYYYY :)

this topic is for everything and all about manga and anime, the comics and tv shows we all love (or at least, many of us :) )

share pictures, favourites, tell us what to read or watch, tell us how sad you are after hearing momiji's sad story in fruits basket (or any other sad story ;) ), tell use the happy stories and share the best theme songs with us :)

and of course, talk about japan and how freaking awesome it is :)

see ya all in manga and anime-land :)

*barges in uninvited*

HEY GUYS! I heard you like Mudkips!

No seriously. *adjusts glasses* Greetings fellow anime and manga lovers, my name is Lizymarie. I am here to help fill this thread with juicy goodness we call otaku-love.

*hugs all around*

heyhey, did we invite you *puts glasses right and searches through some lists*

ah, whatever, welcome ;)

it's nice to see another fan, what are your favourites?

Oh I am a huge anime/manga and Japanese culture fan.

Lately I've gotten really into Soul Eater, which is a really fantastic series, and has inspired my username. I've watched the whole anime through 3 times in the past two months.

Anyhow... other series *peeks at manga shelf*

Sailor Moon, Vampire Knight, Azumanga Daioh, DNAngel, anything and everything CLAMP, Black Butler, Ouran High School Host Club, Kyou Kara Maoh, Pandora Hearts, Fruits Basket, a few Arina Tanemura series(her art is beautiful), and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei just to name a few.

Also, I'm learning Japanese. It's a slow process, but I'm getting there...

I am a big big big BIG Anime Freak.

I watch mostly Shounen anime. I have never been a fan of romance or drama. I LOVE it when there is action, thriller, horror or suspense. :D And oh yeah, I adore humor too.

So far.. I have watched and loved:

Ao No Exorcist

Bleach

Code Geass

Fairy Tail

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Pandora Hearts

Naruto Shippuden

Vampire Knight

Death Note

Claymore

Elfen Lied

Soul Eater

Cowboy Bebop

Fate/Stay Night

<3

Haha, well, my interest started a month or three ago, so i haven't seen a lot yet ;

Death note

FRUITS BASKET (favourite)

Vampire knight

The pokemon manga

Kuroshitsuji (black butler)

Bleach

Gonna watch code geass and one piece :)

@tamashiiresonance: my friend is also learning japanese, i'm going to learn it when the school year's over, haven't got any time at the moment

Also, I'm learning Japanese. It's a slow process, but I'm getting there...

I am doing the same thing. i have a book and CDs that I listen to when I can that I got from the Library I work at. Very helpful, and I can say simple sentences now.

And because I've been so into the Japanese culture the past 12 years, I can easily speak it and understand vocal japanese. it's second nature.

Gonna watch code geass and one piece :)

Code Geass is one of the more interesting shows I've watched. I really didn't know what to expect and it made everything seem so exciting. It's also just very witty.

@Alynniae- Watch Code Geass. It has a very unique story. And the plot will keep you interested. The characters are well-developed. And the action is awesome.

I am thinking of giving Fruits Basket a shot. I have heard that it is really funny. :D

I remember watching Code Geass when [adult swim] aired it. I watched loads of anime in my teen years on [adult swim] and Sci-Fi's Ani-Monday block (until they removed all animes in mid-2011 D:).

Sorry for not watching a lot of animes and such, this is mainly due to the Altador Cup and my over-activity on Neopets and TDN.

Let me fill in my form (if neccessary) :P :

Favourite anime genre: Shounen, Shoujo, Comedy, Adventure, Science Fiction, Magical Girl, Mecha, etc.

First anime(s) I've watched: Not sure, but it's either DragonBall Z, Sailor Moon, or Pokémon

Favourite animes: My top favourite is Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo, though most people think the series is very bizarre and ridiculous when it comes to humour.

Some of my other favourites from my kid and teen years included series like DragonBall Z (among other DragonBall series), Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Zatch Bell, Rave Master, Duelmasters, Gigantor, Big-O, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Fooly Cooly/FLCL, Fullmetal Alchemist, Code Geass (as earlier mentioned), among lots of other series that aired on Cartoon Network and [adult swim].

I enjoyed lots of toyetic and fad-based animes when I was a kid and teen as well. Pokémon is an obvious example of this (still like it though), alongside Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade, Monster Rancher, Medabots, Kirby, Sonic X, Bakugan, and others.

Magical girl animes are a weakness for me. I watched some episodes of Sailor Moon and Cardcaptors/Cardcaptor Sakura (I prefer the subs for both of them) when I was around 6 to 9, and I'm doing my best to watch more of it while I can. I also enjoyed Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power and Ojamajo Doremi/Magical Doremi when 4KidsTV aired them, but their dubs weren't all that great however. Other magical girl animes I enjoy along with those already mentioned include some uncommonly-known likenesses like Akazukin Chacha, Wedding Peach, and Kaitou Saint Tail to name a few, and modern animes like Shugo Chara and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica for example.

I enjoyed my fill of anime when Sci-Fi had their Ani-Monday block (before they removed it). My mom thought that I was crazy for staying up late on Monday night (and a school night, too) simply to watch quality anime. I enjoyed watching series like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan, Macross Plus, Street Fighter II (anime series), Chrono Crusade, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Monster, Tactics, Descendants of Darkness, and numerous others. I enjoyed some of the OVAs they aired like Appleseed, Ninja Scroll, various Street Fighter OVAs/movies, that Black Jack film/OVA they aired, and Dead Leaves, just to name several of them.

Oh no, I forgot about other anime movies and OVAs while I'm at it. :O

Definitely liked loads of Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli films and such. I've yet to watch Ponyo, but I did watch a good portion of his other works like My Neighbor Totoro, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Spirited Away for example. I watched a huge chunk of the Miyazaki films when Cartoon Network aired them back in the spring of 2006 when they had a month full of Miyazaki films (aired one of his films on each Saturday of March 2006, correct me if I'm wrong on this).

Alongside those, I watched a ton of Pokémon movies since my childhood up to my teen years. I may have watched all the Pokémon films from the Kanto era up to the Sinnoh era (except for 12th film maybe). I was too lazy to get to the later ones, sorry. There may have been some other anime films/OVAs I've enjoyed as well as the Pokémon ones, I swear that I enjoyed some of the Inuyasha, Naruto, and Bleach films/OVAs when Cartoon Network/[adult swim] aired them. Speaking of Cartoon Network, I've also watched that Beyblade film they've aired, alongside that Mega Man Star Force one they aired in 2007.

Any other animes I've tried out and enjoyed? Definitely! There were some cute and funny ones I watched in my late elementary school years like Tama and Friends and Hamtaro for example. Alongside those, I've been trying out some cuter series from the early 90s that a select may have heard about like Goldfish Warning, Floral Magician Mary Bell, and Hime-chan no Ribbon for example; alongside some later 90s and some 2000s stuff like Di Gi Charat, A Little Snow Fairy Sugar, Pita Ten, Bottle Fairy, Fushigiboshi no Futago Hime, Lucky Star, among others.

Some other miscellaneous animes and such I've enjoyed and tested out throughout the years include Flint the Time Detective, Bomberman Jetters, Mahoujin Guru Guru, Idaten Jump, Fighting Foodons, Ultimate Muscle, Dinosaur King, Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Live On Cardliver Kakeru, K-ON, Cardfight Vanguard, and a few others I can't think of at the moment.

I'm not sure if anyone here at TDN would recognize some of those animes from Fox Kids, Cartoon Network, and KidsWB that I've mentioned. Just wanted to point out that I'm "old" over here.

Subbed or dubbed: Subbed/Subtitled since they keep in the original audio, and you can understand what the characters are saying without having to resort to the dub.

Favourite manga: Sadly however, I don't read manga. :P

Sorry for the huge post, I've been trying out too many animes, but never got around finishing them (I'm lazy :P). This post proves to us that I've watched a lot of Cartoon Network, Fox Kids, KidsWB, [adult swim], 4KidsTV, Sci-Fi and others for quite a while for various animes. Also, I watch too many shoujo animes over shounen animes myself, please forgive me (also, this is so unlike an actual Darigan Citadel supporter to do so). Plus, some of the animes I watch may be too underrated compared to what the bulk of you enjoy, sorry about this!

Any other animes you guys want me to try out? Regardless if it's popular or not very well known, let me at it!

Also, I suppose that there were some animes that Hime/@Ri-chan wanted me to try, but I never got into all of them.

Woooow, that was a LOT of information :)

Haha, i haven't seen that much anime yet ;)

I started reading heart no kuni no alice (alice in the country of hearts), i'm at volume 4, there are 6 XD

The story is a bit weird but i really like it :)

@anisha: yeah, sometimes it makes you wanna laugh, sometimes you just wanna cry and hug them (evn though they might transform if you do so ;) ) i would TOTALLY recommend it. The manga goes further than the anime, and has some more details, but the anime is also realt beaitiful, so i both read the manga and watch the anime :) choose for yourself, i recommend both of them :)

YAYANIME

Dragon Ball Z

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Pokemon (manga only)

Fruits Basket

Vocaloid

Lucky Star

i also watched about 4 episodes of Bleach and read the first volume of Elfen Lied.

i forgot:

Kirby: Right Back At Ya

Beyblade: Metal Fusion

Beyblade: Metal Masters

I also did watch these Pokemon animes:

Battle Revolution

Some of Best Wishes

Galactic Battles

Diamond and Pearl

Sinnoh League victors

as for the manga, I have volumes 1, 3, and 4. I'm currently aiming to finish it, but my parents don't like to go to Barnes and Noble. :/

And I also bought volumes 6, 7, and 8 of Fruits Basket and gave them to my friend who introduced me to Fruits Basket in the first place. I want to borrow them. :P

I also have volumes 4, 5, and 6 of Dragon Ball Z.

Aaah....Hey guys.

Im a biiig anime fan,too.

Im watching (Mostly on the internet):

Naruto & Naruto Shippuden

Soul Eater

D.Gray-Man

Code Geass

Bleach

Dragonball and the continuations

Alright! Another Code Geass fan ;) I also enjoy all the others you mentioned.

*sips moar tea*

So has anyone found any interesting new anime lately? Something off the wall?

Alright! Another Code Geass fan ;) I also enjoy all the others you mentioned.

*sips moar tea*

So has anyone found any interesting new anime lately? Something off the wall?

Yup,found gundam,Elfenlied.Higurashi and an anime that i forgot its name.

(i dont watch these.)

for some reason a friend of mine showed me some of the more... ehh... weird... animes.... it was actually quite funny, and the weird aspects made it humorous. It actually HAD a story, unlike most of these animes... so i continued watching it XD

the name was high school DXD

if you don't like these kind of animes, you'll probably dislike it, but give it a try... even though it's totally NOT for anyone who doesn't like these kind of anime... so beware XD

Yup,found gundam,Elfenlied.Higurashi and an anime that i forgot its name.

(i dont watch these.)

Gundam is a classic in every way. All mecha fans bow to it.

And Elfenlied is one of the most moving animes I watched. I actually cried a few times. It's a very emotional show, and very very messed up. I love it. <3 Makes me feel sane ^_^

Elfen Lied gave me nightmares for the longest time, and so did Higurashi.

Mainly because I saw the part where they killed Lucy's dog or something, which apparently was the most bloody part of the series. xD

I haven't found many new animes to watch, however Beyblade: Metal Fury is coming up in the US. I might lurk around the Adult Swim channels to find some new anime

Or someone introduce me to some non-bloody animes because I don't do well with those unless i know the series really good, like Dragon Ball Z and Fullmetal Alchemist.

@kaito/khaos/javi/etc.... :) i'll try to find some animes for you that would be nice :) what sort do you like the most? Action? Romance? Reallife? School? Thriller? Or anything else? I'll find a good one :)

Ps: i'm gonna watch code geass. Everybody keeps telling me to watch it, so i'm very curious now :)

Elfen Lied gave me nightmares for the longest time, and so did Higurashi.

Mainly because I saw the part where they killed Lucy's dog or something, which apparently was the most bloody part of the series. xD

I haven't found many new animes to watch, however Beyblade: Metal Fury is coming up in the US. I might lurk around the Adult Swim channels to find some new anime

Or someone introduce me to some non-bloody animes because I don't do well with those unless i know the series really good, like Dragon Ball Z and Fullmetal Alchemist.

What kind of genre do you prefer? Mecha, yaoi, high school, neko, random-humor, action, feudal japan, science fiction, fantasy, horror, ect?

I'm a big animanga fan but I confess I haven't watched any new series recently (within a few months) and most of the manga I read is on hold at the moment.

The last anime I finished was persona 4 and the latest chapter I have read was Kimi Ni Todoke.

I'm a big animanga fan but I confess I haven't watched any new series recently (within a few months) and most of the manga I read is on hold at the moment.

The last anime I finished was persona 4 and the latest chapter I have read was Kimi Ni Todoke.

Take a look at Air Gear :) It may be up your alley.

I don't know what some of those are, but definitely not Yaoi. :P

Shounen

Shoujo

Action

Fantasy

Seinen

and that's pretty much it

Same with you, take a look at Air Gear.

Take a look at Air Gear :) It may be up your alley.

I've heard of Air Gear before but I can check out its synopsis again. Thank you for the recommendation!

I might as well mention I am into:

Slice of life, josei, yaoi, yuri, mystery/psychological theme manga, I love the fuedal era setting so - I had really enjoyed shounen onmyouji and some others.

I love animanga with yokai/spirits etc so natsume yuujinchou is one of my favourites.

I do like shounen but I'm quite picky cause I don't like fighting for the sake of fighting and I like well developed characters - The best shounen I've ever watched was Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.