Don't you hate it when...

BEE.

You bid on an auction to keep an eye on it, then when it ends 24 hours later, you're ready to bid before it's closed, then 3-4 people bid at the last second so you miss out?

For the past 2 days, I've been keeping an eye on 3 lab map pieces. (I only need 1 more after I get them) then people placed bids riiiiight at the end. That's what I've been trying to do, but then I have to go back and place it again, -.-

I guess this is a rant, but all I would have liked to have done this weekend is finish the lab map. )': I got up early (UK time) just to bid

btw, I just missed out for the second time in 30 minutes...

I don't go t the trading post because

a) I've never used it, and don't want to mess it up and get reported

b)I'm not filthy rich on neopets, so I personally find it easier to bid

I haven't made a topic in ages, so I'm hoping this is the correct forum for it, haha. I did check to see, but still wasn't sure soo.. Sorry if it's not! :)

I bought mine purely on trading post, so I don't really know how you feel. xD I'm not filthy rich either. You just have to keep an eye on it, because some traders are more likely to haggle than others. I think the current value of the map is 1.4 million, and in total I spent about a million flat. (That's a pretty huge discount, if you ask me. xD) I bought the pieces separately too. So you really just have to keep looking.

Yeah, auction snipers drive me crazy. But on the other hand it's nice feeling when you finally got your winning bid through.

I don't think you have to worry about reporst in Trading Post if you just keep your offers reasonable. Good luck completing your lab map! :)

Yeah, unfortunately, that's the way all auctions work, real or virtual. It's unfair, but there's not much you can do, unless you become a sniper yourself! Like Hidden Oracle said, you're probably better off getting it from the Trading Post. Prices can vary a lot though, so hunt around for the cheapest lots! If prices are a lot higher than they should be (like an average or something) then give it a few days, maybe even weeks for new lots to pop up, unless you're really desperate for lab pieces.

ikr,they even sell for over 1000000!I have 153,418NP!(right now,gonna get mp or gonna just get more for a magical cybunny plushie.)

There are tons of programs [illegal] floating around out there that autobid, and obviously do it a lot quicker than a human possibly could. It's frustrating, I know :c But like everyone said, I would just get it off of the trading post! Or maybe you can play a lot of KQ and get lucky and snag the last few pieces you need? :'D

Awww, I'm sorry! Auctions can be super frustrating that way. :( Unfortunately, that's just what happens sometimes most of the time. :(

Best of luck getting the last piece you need!

Yeah, auction snipers drive me crazy. But on the other hand it's nice feeling when you finally got your winning bid through.

I don't think you have to worry about reporst in Trading Post if you just keep your offers reasonable. Good luck completing your lab map! :)

This! As long as you don't harass the users, and don't make ridiculously low bids, you are good. :)

Hm, okay I'll have another read up about the TP, then have another look at it. Thanks everyone :)

No problem. :) I hope you're able to find something at a decent price! :3

If you're not sure about something, feel free to ask. I tend to avoid the auctions except for private ones (pre-arranged price with someone I neofriend), so I have quite a bit of experience with the trades. :)

No problem. :) I hope you're able to find something at a decent price! :3

If you're not sure about something, feel free to ask. I tend to avoid the auctions except for private ones (pre-arranged price with someone I neofriend), so I have quite a bit of experience with the trades. :)

Thank you :) I'll be sure to remember that

The trading post is really easy to use as a bidder. You'll only get in trouble if you do something that you know will get you in trouble, like harassing sellers through neomail. There are sites that list the current prices for each piece, and I would definitely recommend taking a look at some. It is much easier if you go through the listings already knowing what you want to spend. I'd definitely try to get the pieces separately if you don't mind a little longer of a wait. You can save as much as a couple hundred thousand nps that way, but it takes longer.

Also, try not to be afraid to barter through e-mail. A lot of people selling pieces on the trading post have tons of pieces to sell, and you might get a good deal that way. If you look at a user's page, you'll be able to see all of the items they have for trade. Just keep in mind that anyone that sells expensive items on the trading post gets some weird or threatening messages and try to be as polite, friendly, and normal as possible.