Which Neopets do you think were ruined by the redesign?

Globaluna32

A thread like this was made earlier this year, in January I believe, but there hasn't been a new post in it since March, so I decided to remake it. Anyway, the question is, what pets do you think the redesign completely destroyed? For me, it just has to be the Flotsam, mostly for the simple reason that what used to be my favourite pet has now become a weird knock-off of its former self. How on Earth could they have gone from such a cute, original design like this:

f9hb0p.jpg

To an overly generic weird looking design like this:

osfyao.jpg

Thinking about it actually makes me a bit sad... Oh, nostalgia for what once was. I also am not fond of the redesigned Lutari, Elephante, Blumaroo, Meerca, Grarrl, Jetsam, or Wocky. I especially feel bad for the Blumaroo and Meerca, since the redesign completely messed up one of the key characteristics of the species! The Wocky's eyebrows creepy me out, too.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

This is a duplicate thread, there's already a thread on this matter right here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/33151-old-pets-vs-new-pets/

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Neomysterion if you have any questions regarding this action.

Probably the Royal pets. *cough RG Aisha cough*

Painted pets before were so special and were so beautiful, unlike now. They're so boring and..unpleasing.

I WISH TNT WOULD LET US CHOOSE IF WE WANT A UC PET OR NOT. (like if your pet is converted *probably 'cos it's newly created* and TNT would still let us select if we want them to be UC or not) Unlike having to struggle to find a UFT UCs.

But Kikos are definitely for me, was significantly more beautiful.

Personally I think Lutaris are the ones that got the worst makeover :( and they're my favorite pet too!

oldpets_lutari_1.gif2.png

Fortunately the baby Lutari looks pretty good so I will probably get one of those!

Oh and I agree that pretty much all of the royal pets got the short end of the stick as well :(

I WISH TNT WOULD LET US CHOOSE IF WE WANT A UC PET OR NOT.

This. This so freaking much.

All the Royal, Darigan, Tyrannian etc... pets look too indistinct for me now, like others have said, it's just a normal pet with make up and fancy clothing slapped on it. I feel that they could've kept the designs of those pets, I mean they sort of did it for the Mutants, they can't even wear normal clothing!

This. This so freaking much.

All the Royal, Darigan, Tyrannian etc... pets look too indistinct for me now, like others have said, it's just a normal pet with make up and fancy clothing slapped on it. I feel that they could've kept the designs of those pets, I mean they sort of did it for the Mutants, they can't even wear normal clothing!

I still like Darigan Eyrie better than the old one.

and yeah they kinda ruin some pets

look at Tyrannian Krawk!

A thread like this was made earlier this year, in January I believe, but there hasn't been a new post in it since March, so I decided to remake it. Anyway, the question is, what pets do you think the redesign completely destroyed? For me, it just has to be the Flotsam, mostly for the simple reason that what used to be my favourite pet has now become a weird knock-off of its former self. How on Earth could they have gone from such a cute, original design like this:

f9hb0p.jpg

To an overly generic weird looking design like this:

osfyao.jpg

Thinking about it actually makes me a bit sad... Oh, nostalgia for what once was. I also am not fond of the redesigned Lutari, Elephante, Blumaroo, Meerca, Grarrl, Jetsam, or Wocky. I especially feel bad for the Blumaroo and Meerca, since the redesign completely messed up one of the key characteristics of the species! The Wocky's eyebrows creepy me out, too.

I have to disagree. I never liked Flotsams until the redesign. I dunno, the original looks a bit derpy and the pose and smile seem really forced. I adore the new Darigan Flotsam.

bori_brown_baby.gif2.png

I don't like how the Bori's claws became blunter, how are they supposed to dig with those stubby things? Plus the pose and eye direction in the original had more character.

gelert_orange_baby.gif2.png

I like the art update they gave the Gelerts, but the smile and expression look really... awkward. Almost uncomfortable

grarrl_cloud_baby.gif. 2.png

The Grarrl is one of the worst for me. It's expression was perfect before. Now it has a stupidly forced smile, and the pupils are too large for me.

lutari_green_baby.gif2.png

And, as mentioned before, the Lutari. The eyes are too square, and the body looks disjointed and less flow-y, I think they should have made it quadruped.

wocky_electric_baby.gif2.png

Really hate what they did with the Wockie's eyes. Made 'em squarer again and made their eyebrows too prominent.

Many colours with original poses too didn't work out, and specific Pet/Colour combos took the worst of it, like many have mentioned before. Dargian, Plushie, Grey and Faerie came out the worst.

That's all for me. Isn't there a topic like this already, in Neopets Debate? 'Old Pets vs. New Pets'? Perhaps I should move my post there.

Personally I think Lutaris are the ones that got the worst makeover :( and they're my favorite pet too!

oldpets_lutari_1.gif2.png

Fortunately the baby Lutari looks pretty good so I will probably get one of those!

Oh and I agree that pretty much all of the royal pets got the short end of the stick as well :(

I completely agree. The Lutari were so majestic to me, and now they are just another pet. But yes, the baby ones... omg xD

In my opinion, all of the baby pets are all quite adorable and pleasing. The only type of PB that I accept when it comes to converted pets.