Best Cereal Ever.

Bubbleline

Man...I totally forgot about the Oreo Os. I loved eating them, but they always seemed to remind me of hard dog food...same with the Reese's cereal. Needless to say, my imagination is a bit out there lol.

Right now, I can't get enough of the Cupcake Pebbles. I think it's mainly because of the sweet taste, and the fact that it's loaded with sugar...best way to start my day haha.

Are you talking about Honey Bs...the Winnie the Pooh cereal?

Man, I'm the same. I'd eat cereal for every meal if I could (well, maybe not, 'cos I'd soon get sick of it. :P)

I'm not picky with cereal, and I can eat nearly everything of every flavour (except cinnamon cereals like Curiously Cinnamon and Golden Grahams, ugh) but I'm particulary fond of Krave, Special K, Cookie Crisp, Golden Nuggets and Bran Flakes.

Are you talking about Honey Bs...the Winnie the Pooh cereal?

Dude, I think that may be it. All I remember is that I was introduced to them by my school because they were giving them out and I refused to eat them for a while because I figured that if my school was handing them out for free, it'd be disgusting. Haha, they were delicious though.

I checked the most well stocked supermarket in my area, they did not have fruit loops :( I think I'll have to go to one of the huge supermarkets in the outskirts, if they're even sold in this country...

Not to be nosy, but do you mind if I ask what country you live in? I can't imagine a place that doesn't have Fruit Loops.

Not to be nosy, but do you mind if I ask what country you live in? I can't imagine a place that doesn't have Fruit Loops.

Karmacow hails from Denmark. I did my research, and they do not sell Froot Loops in Denmark because they contain Red Dye No. 40 (Allura Red), which is a food dye that is banned in certain European countries (Denmark, Belgium, France, Switzerland, and Sweden to be exact) due to it causing hyperactivity in children over at those countries, as well as some added vitamins and minerals that were never approved in Denmark.

More info here: http://pediatrics.about.com/b/2011/06/17/when-extra-vitamins-arent-such-a-good-idea.htm

http://idsgn.org/posts/an-edible-color-palette/

I really like the count chocula and boo berry I love capt crunch but it shred the roof of my mouth honey smacks is my fave and I like thecereal krave too

I'm pretty sure that Cap'n Crunch shreds the roof of everybody's mouth. But we all still eat it because it's a delicious pain.

Karmacow hails from Denmark. I did my research, and they do not sell Froot Loops in Denmark because they contain Red Dye No. 40 (Allura Red), which is a food dye that is banned in certain European countries (Denmark, Belgium, France, Switzerland, and Sweden to be exact) due to it causing hyperactivity in children over at those countries, as well as some added vitamins and minerals that were never approved in Denmark.

More info here: http://pediatrics.ab...a-good-idea.htm

http://idsgn.org/pos...-color-palette/

I actually vaguely remember reading about the Red dye thing, I just completely forgot about it. That makes me sad, though. A place without Fruit Loops...

On the conversation about European countries banning cereals for something like that; That doesn't surprise me in the least.

Here in the United States there has been a lot of controversy on High-fructose corn syrup which is in many things, including cereal, as a sweetener. First it was something no one paid attention to, ended up getting a bad name, commercials came up that were on tv saying that the body doesn't know it's any different than sugar. It all started because there were claims saying that HSCS was more unhealthy than sugar because it could lead to extensive weight gain and diabetes. But AMA (American Medical Association) claims, "it appears unlikely that HFCS contributes more to obesity or other conditions than sucrose[sugar]". I guess consuming somethings that contain HFCS is simply an option though, if one truly still believes it is an unhealthy product. (Source : http://en.wikipedia....tose_corn_syrup )

Assisting what Layton Vickles (Neomysterion) mentioned about the red dye in foods (like Fruit Loops). There's trouble with Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Blue 1, Blue 2, Green 3, Orange B, and Red 3 which are also linked to Hyperactivity. (Source : http://www.treehugge...-in-the-us.html )

Another example: Yellow 5, which is mentioned in one of links that Neomysterion linked to, is banned in Norway and the Britain’s Foods Standard Agency has called for a voluntary phase-out of its use in foods due to links to hyperactivity in children. Yellow 5 is used in cereals as well, and other things that most of us might actually consume daily, like Mountain Dew, Doritos, even pickles! I recommend everyone to read the descriptions of the all dyes at the bottom of the page of Neomysterion's second link in his post (the one about 'edible color palette'). Some of them have quite obvious dangers aside what is said about them causing hyperactivity in children, like Blue 1.

It is frightening how much artificial colouring is used in food these days. What's especially stupid is when they use colouring to enhance natural food's colours, like pickles and peas. Kind of related: I've noticed that they put artificial banana flavour in dried bananas! Apparently they don't taste enough of banana...

Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Froot Loops are the best. Well, I get this from my mother and grandmother by the way, but I like bread a milk with a little sugar. It's just pieces of bread torn up in a bowl with milk and sugar. Weird texture of course but I really liked it growing up.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Froot Loops are the best. Well, I get this from my mother and grandmother by the way, but I like bread a milk with a little sugar. It's just pieces of bread torn up in a bowl with milk and sugar. Weird texture of course but I really liked it growing up.

That reminds me that whenever there's cornbread around, i like to eat it with milk. The sweet cornbread (usually made from jiffy mix) is good with normal milk, while the 'normal', kinda bitter cornbread is delicious with buttermilk (and i like to add a spoonful of sugar in it. I have a major sweet-tooth.)

Also, I have so many things to say about the dyes that I'm kinda speechless for now. Orange dye made from coal tar?! Really? That sounds delicious and totally healthy. Not to mention that it apparently causes cancer. Thank goodness I generally don't like hotdogs and only eat Vienna sausages on occasion. And why the heck would you want to dye food that has a natural coloring? Are those peas not neon green enough for ya? :tired:

Also, I have so many things to say about the dyes that I'm kinda speechless for now. Orange dye made from coal tar?! Really? That sounds delicious and totally healthy. Not to mention that it apparently causes cancer. Thank goodness I generally don't like hotdogs and only eat Vienna sausages on occasion. And why the heck would you want to dye food that has a natural coloring? Are those peas not neon green enough for ya? :tired:

I've seen real grown peas fresh from a garden (my grandparents grow their own vegetables because of health concerns of packaged and canned foods like food dye- but it's mostly to save money.) and they are already really green. It's so stupid that food companies add food dye to brighten something that's already bright! Food dyes make healthy food right unhealthy :\

• 2 weeks later...