Altador Cup: Switching between players

eightbitdimwit

I think the shift key does it? :) I haven't had too many problems with the automatic switching myself (yet! haha :))

I understand your pain! Sometimes when I'm trying to chase the ball, all the players align vertically and it switches like crazy and I can hardly get anything done! It's so annoying. I find that holding Shift down for a while solves this to an extent, though it can still happen. While we're on the subject of game problems, can anyone explain why the goalkeepers are so bad. They are only useful 10% of the time it's not easy trying to control them and the players. :/ And also, why can the AI coordinate themselves so nicely AND shoot far very fast, while it takes a millennium to build up the strength to shoot the ball a respectable distance in a useful direction? I guess that's how they limit scoring.

Using the mouse control gets rid of the appalling automatic shift, but I only find the shifting a problem if I have to go into defence...which I try to avoid!

Ditto what secre said. I use the mouse and it reduces the auto switch. Whether it's supposed to or not, I've found mine usually only changes players on mouse click. And it's made controlling my goalie slightly better.