This may be a stupid question...

Ok, so this is the first Altador Cup I have taken part in, and so I am a bit confused about a few things.

First, when you play Yooyuball in the tournament, are you playing against actual people or the computer? I thought it would be actual people but I just won a game and I feel like I'm terrible, so maybe it's the computer?

Also, what do you get from playing the game (other than pride and bragging rights haha)? I saw the stuff about ranks, so does what rank you achieved get displayed on your user lookup?

Thanks for your help! :)

Ok, so this is the first Altador Cup I have taken part in, and so I am a bit confused about a few things.

First, when you play Yooyuball in the tournament, are you playing against actual people or the computer? I thought it would be actual people but I just won a game and I feel like I'm terrible, so maybe it's the computer?

Also, what do you get from playing the game (other than pride and bragging rights haha)? I saw the stuff about ranks, so does what rank you achieved get displayed on your user lookup?

Thanks for your help! :)

For Question 1: You are actually going up against CPU-controlled opponents. They will get significantly more harder to deal with after every goal you score in a single game.

For Question 2: You'll get either a Participation Medal (if you're still in the Beginner rank) or a trophy based on your rank (the higher the Rank Level you're on, the better your trophy will be). If your team is in 1st place after the cup ends, you'll score a gold trophy. You'll score silver if your team ends up in 2nd place, or bronze if they end up taking 3rd place. This will go on your userlookup when the Altador Cup ends.

Hope this helps you out. :)

You can also get prizes at the end. You can trade in all the points you've earned for prizes that you can either sell or use on your pets. There's usually a couple of books, stamps and in the past there's typically been a paintbrush for the big prize. So the more points the more prizes you can get.

Ok, so I have started to go down the rabbit hole of looking at the official team pages and the NeoBoards and I am still confused about how this works.

So apparently if you play just a few games you hurt your team instead of helping them? How does that work? How few is 'few'? Like is 20 games few? (it doesn't feel like few to me haha).

TNT just answered a question similar to that in the Neopian Times so hooray for copy and paste!

So, a few people are telling me that I shouldn't play any games in the Altador Cup at all unless I contribute at least 500 per game daily. This is an absurd amount considering my lifestyle, and I'm shocked that every little bit does not count. Clear this up for me and others! With the new Altador Cup, does it matter if you have MORE gameplays or HIGHER scores? I'm hearing a lot of rumors and hisses and I want to get it straightened out! x.x Thanks! (Please remove my name.) ~username removed

x_x We agree; that is absolutely absurd. Anyone can participate as much or as little as they can / want for their personal progress, and every little bit helps the team.

The boards are there to usually help boost your morale so that you CAN contribute more for your team and support one another. Every bit does help but every group would just LOVE a bit more from each individual member xD

To answer the other question, it doesn't matter if your team wins or not. The points you receive at the end is only based on how much YOU contributed to the team.