Am I In Danger Of Being Frozen?

Sarahs

So I was neomailing a NF who was asking about the course I study, and I used the word 'drunk' in the Neomail. (Context- some guy once showed up drunk to a rehearsal. I was not impressed.)

I thought if TNT had a problem with something you post, they prevent you from sending the mail in the first place, but I sent the mail no problem, then a few minutes later I got a mail off TNT saying the following:

Official Warning from The Neopets TeamMessage:

You have received an official warning from the Neopets Team for violating the Neopets Terms and Conditions. Do not discuss drugs, alcohol, or smoking on this site, whether you are using them or know someone who does. It is inappropriate for a family based site.

The following is the message(s) that caused you to receive this warning. Any profanity, inappropriate language, or bad acronyms have been replaced with asterisks (****):

neomessage :: i had a big problem with the last group during our final rehearsal, one guy showed up drunk, and another girl just hadnt shown up at all b

If you continue to break the rules, your account will be permanently frozen. To see a list of Neo Rules, please visit http://www.neopets.com/chatrules.phtml. Please do not reply to this NeoMessage.

Argh! :sad02: I see now that it was breaking the rules, and I'm not usually one to break rules at all- I don't do anything shady and I honestly thought if there was ever anything TNT had an issue with in neomail they just prevent the message from sending! It didn't even occur to me that there could be a problem with what I had written, although I see from TNT's message what their issue is.

Ah well nothing I can do about this now, but my question is: has anyone had a message like this in the past and did it result in a freezing? I've never had anything like this before so am a bit freaked out!!

Anyone have any ideas how long this warning will stay on my account for? I could stay off the boards/ keep neomailing to a minimum until then- do not want to lose my account over a silly mistake! :sad01_anim:

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Nah, take it from an experienced veteran on being in trouble with TNT, you're nowhere near being frozen. :P

If you say some thing they don't like, you'll get a warning the first 3 times, probably.

After that you get silenced. Thats when you can still play Neo, but cant do anything that contacts anyone else on the site. Like no neomails, or chatting on the boards, working on your petpages/lookup, ect...

With silences, the first is 24 hours, and after that they add another 24 hours eachtime until they silence you forever. My latest silence was 144 hours, so you've got a long way to go.

They usually don't freeze anyone for something you say. You normally only get frozen for cheating.

you won't be frozen .. but there are certain words which raise a red flag .. esp when discussing adult stuff like smoking , alcohol , drugs etc

anyway be careful because getting several warnings in a short period of time might very well get you frozen

Don't worry hun I've been warned for saying 'drunk' in a neomail too and my account was fine :) I think even warnings decay and disappear over time.

Also it didn't negatively impact me when getting my account back so there really is no reason to worry ^_^

Well, TNT is pretty trigger-happy when it comes to freezing, but since this is just a warning, never fear!

The rule of thumb is to never talk about anything that's not neopets.com related.

Whether you're talking about what you had for dinner or how your day was going, they're big no-nos.

Keep neomail relevant to neopets and neopets only.

Thank you all so much for your speedy and reassuring responses! I was feeling pretty upset about that, but now I'll just take it as a heads up to double and triple- yes, even quadruple!- check everything I write :) Phew!!

Thanks again everyone :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.