Screenshot help?

morgennaraene

I use a laptop, it's not a Mac and I use Google Chrome as my browser.. I'm trying to get a shot of my Habitarium and someone suggested using the Print Screen button, but I don't see it anywhere.. I see print and save page as, but I get lost from there...

Edit~ Yeah, ummm, it has been pointed out to me that the Print Screen button is on my KEYBOARD... Not somewhere in the browser toolbar... :D :D :D

Unless you have a spare USB keyboard, you won't have that button.

An alternative, which you won't have you cut like you would a screen shot is using this button on your habitarium screen.

2uoszyd.png

Yeah, I'm going to have to, it doesn't do anything when I hit the PrtSc. button on my laptop keyboard.. Thank you, I was wondering what I was gonna do :)

Edit~ Ok, finally figured it out; uploaded the image onto Photobucket and then was able to post it. Cool, at least now I know what to do now :D

How come my laptop doesn't have a print screen button? D<

Oh well, I have a usb keyboard anyway.

But when you hit the prtsc button it pretty much took a picture and copied it to your clipboard

also, I would suggest puush or imageshack for storing pictures.

The Print Scr Button does work, after pressing it you have to go to paint (or something similar) and Paste the captured screen onto paint, then you can save it (I would save it as PNG as other format types can make the picture distorted when saved)

I hope that helps.

Toshiba, and it's at least 5 yrs. old; I bought it used and it's actually been really good to me, no problems until lately.. The right arrow key stopped working and I think the port where my power cord plugs in is starting to go, either that or my BRAND NEW power cord is already fritzing on me, although, granted it was only a $30 one :P It's a little on the slow side but other than that... I just can't afford a new one yet and no Income Tax refund this year :(

Hmm. Well if you don't have the PRTSC (print screen) button...Hit "Start" (bottom left-hand corner), "All Programs" "Accessories" and see if there's a program called Clipping Tool (may also be called Snipping Tool). I believe it's only on Windows Vista though.

It's most likely the power jack port going bad since the laptop is a few years old. The port could be broken internally, going bad from age, or need to be re-soldered.

As for it being a little slow, it's most likely from all the misc/useless memory junk on it...you can try using CC Cleaner or just wiping your laptop and starting fresh.

Yeah, I'm not sure, I never had a problem with the port til I started using this new power cord.. And the speed is really not that bad, I don't like it "lightning fast" cause then I can't play some of the games (like Freaky Factory); and I have a LOT of games from like, Gamehouse and stuff downloaded onto my computer, so maybe that might have something to do with it? I keep meaning to take it in for an overhaul but it's money I'm loathe to spend right now when it could be spent on the NC Mall :D :D :D I know, I know; PRIORITIES!!! LOL!!

Are you sure you bought the correct power cord for your laptop? If you know anyone who has a similar laptop to yours, you can try using the power cord on their laptop to see if it's an issue with the cord. If it is, you can try returning it to where you bought it and explaining to them that it's been giving you issues since you bought it.

I know what you mean though...I want to buy a new computer so that I have my Macbook and an Alienware laptop that has both Windows and Linux on it, but I always end up using it on random stuff lol.

I figured it out.. It is the cord, well, the piece that plugs into the port is loose and if it doesn't sit juuuuust right, it doesn't charge my computer.. I called the place I got it from but their return policy is only 10 days after purchase and I've had it for just over a month; boo-urns... :(

As long as I don't move my laptop it's fine, LOL!!! It's all right though, I've got another one coming next week from a friend of a friend who fixes computers; maybe I should ask him if he can fix my right arrow key too so I can play the games that require it :P