Maxing Out

So, this is my first AC (still deciding who to support, eek!), but I've mostly been able to work out the main rules/procedure, as far as anyone knows them. But I've heard some people talk about 'maxing out' a game? What's that? Can you only play each game a certain number of times, and how many times is that?

(Also, what scores are considered 'good' for each game? Question didn't seem like it was worth it's own topic, but I'm curious.)

Maxing out is indeed when you hit the "cap" for one of the games.

301 is the max numer of games for Yooyuball

1201 for Shootout Showdown

1201 for Make Some Noise and

601 for Slushie Slinger

You don't have to worry about these caps *too* much because it takes a dedicated player to reach most of them.

For example, if a Yooyuball game is roughly 3 minutes long, including graphics/animations you can't skip, 301 games would take 903 minutes or slightly over 15 hours. And this is if you're playing straight through with no breaks.

Slushie Slinger is similar. To reach the cap score, assuming it takes about 4 minutes of gameplay to achieve a score that would be counted, you would need to play for 2404 minutes or over 40 hours.

Make Some Noise and Shootout Showdown have limits that can be reached a little easier because they're faster games, but it would still take a dedicated player to get there.

As far as scores, you just have to keep in mind that a couple of the games have minimum scores you need to reach for it to count as 1 game played. Last year for Make Some Noise, your scores had to be over 3000 to count as 1 play and 285 for Slushie Slinger. This is to prevent players from getting the absolute minimum number of points to send a score and getting credited for a game extremely quickly to inflate their rank.

Every game has a cap, and once you hit that cap, you can't send any more scores and have them count for your team. That's all it means. Don't worry, though, the caps are high. 301 for Yooyuball and 1201 for Make Some Noise and Shoothout Showdown. Not sure about Slushie Slinger, though. I've heard both 301 and 601.

Yea, the caps are there but are kinda hard to reach ha ha. I know personally with Slushie Slinger, I can't even come close to that many of games plays cuz I feel it's just too repetitive and I give up lol.

Is there a reason why all the caps end with a 1?

It's most likely a programming thing, it's easier to code things that end in either a Zero or a One, and since Zero is used so much WHY NOT One?