Replying

Kaito Dark

I find replying to topics very hard. Most times, when I press the 'backspace' button my whole sentence moves to the above line(and that's very annoying). And same with the 'enter' key. It directs me to a different line, usually the one above. :baaasmiley:

Why? :rock:

It just happens to me very infrequently -- once or twice a week type thing?

I thought i was the only one with the backspace problem. :S

and when I already have my post colored in blue and i'm still typing and i press backspace, not only does my post continue above, but it's in black. x(

It's the darned new rich text editor that this advanced IPB software has. Have you tried toggling editing mode?

On the upper-left corner of your post, you should see a small icon that looks like a light switch, and it should change your edit mode into the traditional forum editing mode. You won't get any of those backspace errors that you'd get with the new editor, but the other buttons will not be usable in the traditional editing mode. You can always change back to the rich text editor if you'd like to change the size, colour, or font of the words in your post, and switch to the old editor if you'd like to press enter or backspace without having to deal with the line jumping issue.

It's the darned new rich text editor that this advanced IPB software has. Have you tried toggling editing mode?

On the upper-left corner of your post, you should see a small icon that looks like a light switch, and it should change your edit mode into the traditional forum editing mode. You won't get any of those backspace errors that you'd get with the new editor, but the other buttons will not be usable in the traditional editing mode. You can always change back to the rich text editor if you'd like to change the size, colour, or font of the words in your post, and switch to the old editor if you'd like to press enter or backspace without having to deal with the line jumping issue.

Yeah, I think I have. But then it looks...um...boring and lifeless(yes, that's the word). :medieval: [these sure don't make any sense...but it adds to the happiness of this topic].

Will it become right soon?

I've never had that happen, that would be a bit annoying though. The only issue I've been having is sometimes it will save my post when I press post rather than posting it. And I have to keep trying. It's only happened when I'm not on my personal computer so that might have something to do with it.