Game Cookies Returning to NC Mall!

hrtbrk

I never thought I'd say this as I normally enjoy NC wearables but DOWN WITH THE NC MALL! We all need to go on a STRIKE, I say! Hopefully no-one will buy this as it is an UNFAIR advantage. This is just as much as a mistake as the 3 Day perk!

Anyone else think that we should report TNT for scamming? In all seriousness though, at least it isn't as huge of an end of Neopia advantage as it was originally thought to be. Their intentions were probably to help those really bad at games earn a little extra NP or let us earn more NP on games with bad NP ratios. It's still a disapointment that TNT had to resort to both practically selling NP and poor advertising.

This IS a scam. TNT doesn't think they are scamming but they are! They are breaking their own rules. If they keep this up, I might just quit Neopets altogether. One more of these things and it's over.

I never thought I'd say this as I normally enjoy NC wearables but DOWN WITH THE NC MALL! We all need to go on a STRIKE, I say! Hopefully no-one will buy this as it is an UNFAIR advantage. This is just as much as a mistake as the 3 Day perk!

This IS a scam. TNT doesn't think they are scamming but they are! They are breaking their own rules. If they keep this up, I might just quit Neopets altogether. One more of these things and it's over.

I for one will not buy this cookie I can usually get the 1000nps from the few games I play regularly so can't see any advantage really and it is WRONG of TNT to blatantly offer advantages (if they are that) for Neocash

I for one will not buy this cookie I can usually get the 1000nps from the few games I play regularly so can't see any advantage really and it is WRONG of TNT to blatantly offer advantages (if they are that) for Neocash

I can't believe people are buying this! They are breaking their own rules! That's it, I'm quitting Neopets if they ever do somehting like this again!

Maybe I'm just a bit too optimistic, but I'm inclined to believe that users not receiving double the NP when submitting scores worth 1,000 NP is caused by a glitch. After all, TNT is by no means perfect. They seem to really love the site, and I can't imagine they'd purposefully exploit its users, especially when false advertising can have legal consequences.

Am I a fan of the cookie? Not at all. But that doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy the site less because of it, or get upset by the folks who use it. ;)

Oh, and, hey! It's been a while, TDN. (:

I know it's a scam. I was making a joke about how they're breaking their own rules and can be frozen, hypothetically of course since I doubt that they would ever let us freeze them or freeze themselves. Hopefully we can find a constructive way of letting them know that this is a horrible idea and they should try something else, that doesn't hurt their userbase.

I know it's a scam. I was making a joke about how they're breaking their own rules and can be frozen, hypothetically of course since I doubt that they would ever let us freeze them or freeze themselves. Hopefully we can find a constructive way of letting them know that this is a horrible idea and they should try something else, that doesn't hurt their userbase.

Because what they are doing will cause a decrease in users. They will start wondering why everybody is leaving Neo and their little SCAMS are the reason why!

I'm just a bit too optimistic, but I'm inclined to believe that users not receiving double the NP when submitting scores worth 1,000 NP is caused by a glitch.

If it's a glitch, then the cookie is even worse because if it is and TNT fixes it, then that's completely selling NP for cash. It would give a huge NP gaining advantage (since you can use it durring scores galore, and buy as many cookies as you want) for those who can spare real money to buy them.

Since it isn't currently giving double 1k NP, it's a little better, but still over the line and seems to be against the rules about selling NP.

Edited by YukiHitsugaya

It isn't giving double 1k (you score enough to get 1k, doubles to 2k), but is it giving amounts over 1k at all? Maye it doubles, while the 1k cap is still in effect? Ex. Score enought points for 500np, get 1k. Score enough to get 700 np, doubles to 1.4k, but is capped at 1 k, you recieve 1k, More than you would have gotten without the cookie, but because doubling your original amount of 700 would go over the cap, you just got the 1k?

Weird that they would leave out this "little" detail. I too hope it's a glitch. If not, then that's even more shady than what we originally thought the cookies did.

If it's a glitch, then the cookie is even worse because if it is and TNT fixes it, then that's completely selling NP for cash. It would give a huge NP gaining advantage (since you can use it durring scores galore, and buy as many cookies as you want) for those who can spare real money to buy them.

Since it isn't currently giving double 1k NP, it's a little better, but still over the line and seems to be against the rules about selling NP.

I understand that the cookie gives the players who can afford it an advantage, which does rub me the wrong way. However, I also understand that the players who use it still have to work for those NP. To make the extra 50,000 to 100,000 NP that was mentioned in a past post, users would have to submit 25 to 50 scores per day (assuming there is a glitch that will be fixed, a'course). Keep in mind, most games aren't as quick as easy as Kass Basher. 1,000 NP-worthy scores usually take time and effort. The situation could be much, much worse, in my opinion.

Plus, Scores Galore is only temporary. Don't forget that. (:

Like I said, I'm not a fan of the cookie. I just see no reason to accuse TNT of being heartless scammers for releasing it (especially when they haven't had a chance to respond to the complaints, yet). :eh:

Sent a ticket today and got a reply a few hours later (and I like how it's taking them so long to actually return my scammed np lol. I guess NC gets their attention.)

"Thank you for writing! Eww, looks like those Gaming Cookies were only half-baked (which is something we can identify with!). We are aware that there are some issues awarding Neopoints at the moment and we are on it!

Never fear, you will receive all of the time you paid for in a non-buggy way! We'll be sending out Neomails to everyone who redeemed a cookie shortly! This neomail will have all the details of your compensation :) Please bear with us, we are working on it!"

We are aware that there are some issues awarding Neopoints at the moment and we are on it!

Does that mean that the fact that the cookie isn't doubling 1k is a glitch?? Just great.. I was a bit more ok with it when it wasn't doubling the 1k scores... Now it's completely selling NP even more!! (not doubling 1k took the selling NP thing down a level for me)

I can understand how it may be unfair for a lot of people, but at least it only lasts for 24 hours per cookie. And NC is kind of the way that I treat myself after a long hard month or two of work. I figure that buying something fun for myself is nice, and I compare it to other people buying the latest PS3 games, minutes for their World of Warcraft, or new updates and maps for their Call of Duty. I am just so genuinely glad (as someone living on their own, with a lot less money than I'd like) that the majority of Neopets is free and can be done without money. The rest of it is just treating myself a bit when I work too hard or the snow gets to be too much. =) I think I'll try it for fun sometime, but I'm not going to buy tons - I prefer wearables.

(But really, at least this doesn't cost as much as World of Warcraft! I pity them having to have to pay for new expansions and playing time!)

i signed up here just so i can mention how much i hate this thing, isn't that great?

i really wonder how much thought went into the creation of this thing. i mean with all the NP sinks tnt have been coming up with and now they throw that all away for something like this? why did they even bother making the wheel of extravogance when they have this thing which could fairly easily give people an extra 100k nps?? oh wait, i know why … $$$.

oh well, good job viacom, not only am i not gonna buy these things, now i'm not going to sign up for premium (which i was going to, as i really wanted that fifth pet) either, just because. there are other companies i would rather give my $70 to.

I definitely don't agree with TNT finding a loop-hole in the whole "trading NC for NP" thing, and I actually do not get the purpose of these cookies. If the max NP you can get from a game is 3k per day (apart from adver-video and the likes) then why would you pay real money to get the same amount of NP as you would if you had a little bit of practice and good judgement about the games you play?

They are only an advantage for someone who is terrible at games, and even then they do not have a great advantage over someone who is good at them.

On the other hand, games which have a cap (fashion fever, splat-a-sloth, dar-blat, etc.) will allow users to gain more than everyone else possibly can (if this is wrong please correct me).

I don't like it. I'd thought the cookie was pulled the first time because Neopets realised what a bad idea it was -- I was wrong. I understand that a lot of games now require cash to get ahead, but that has never been what Neopets is about. I'm disappointed. (Should've seen this coming with the incorporation of the Crafting Faerie into a main event, though …)

(Should've seen this coming with the incorporation of the Crafting Faerie into a main event, though …)

I agree, that was an absolute pain. To TNT's credit, they did give out a NP prize regardless of who requested an item from you.

I now just sort of... fail to see the point. It's not worth it unless you're bad (?) at games? I don't know. I wouldn't be buying it anyway.

The funniest bit for me has been seeing the lack of change in the mood of the people criticizing TNT - they release something that allegedly gives you up to 3000np per play - they're gold mining. It's then revealed that, in fact, the regular cap applies - they're still gold mining. Yeah, this whole thing is stupid, and TNT shouldn't have done it, and I'm not saying people shouldn't be complaining, it's just that, well, they can't win, can they? xD

TNT is breaking their own rules out of greed. From FAQ: "Will Neocash items give my pets an advantage? Definitely not. Neocash items are for those who wish to add a little something to their Neopets experience. Neocash items are used to affect how your Neopets appear on the website. They do not in any way affect the game play on the site." :)

Meh, good in theory, bad in practice. Not only does it give a slight advantage to people with real money to spend, (as usual) it also kinda breaks their rule about 'buying' neopoints, since in the end this gives you more neopoints for real money. Not to mention that it's not really worth it to me to begin with, I mean, hello? Look at the NC Mall! I get the general idea of what they're doing, real money has to come from somewhere, but with all the NC 'side' quests they have, (Lulu during daily dare, crafting quests, and every big event ever has a separate NC prize)

I give props to TNT for usually keeping NC and regular play separate, even if it does irk me that everything has an NC equivalent that's better than the 'free' prizes they give out. But this? I don't really know what to say about it.

Well, gotta give them credit for the idea, even if I despise NC with a passion.

I just checked the games board, apparently the glitch with not doubling 1k has been fixed. One person who was a permium member and had the lucky space faerie charm, has gotten 4k from sending 1 score. (since they get a 2x bonus with the cookie, and a bouns with the charm)

Wow...Now will TNT please tell me how this isn't giving an advatange to NC payers? How it isn't giving NP for NC?.

TNT is breaking their own rules out of greed. From FAQ: "Will Neocash items give my pets an advantage? Definitely not. Neocash items are for those who wish to add a little something to their Neopets experience. Neocash items are used to affect how your Neopets appear on the website. They do not in any way affect the game play on the site." :)

Yeah, but they do that all of the time. The editoral becomes outdated gradually. I guess they just assumed most of us would settle, especially needing money. Plus it may make people enjoy their game playing more. Don't forget, they've been giving us extra submitting as of late, which is a nice touch and sort of makes up for this advantage. But again, most restockers don't have any need for such a thing regardless. Habitarium provides me with an endless supple of Neopets with not too much committment.

I suppose we'll be seeing more of these little perks now, since they are still testing the waters. They've indirectly found away to for players to make Np without all out buying them. They've always found a way to allow more lab zaps. My guess, although I'm not really upset, is that they'll will continually gradually with these sort of items, until they become common place. I mean, I remember when NC MALL first game out, there was tons of backlash. Now I seldom see it. So it's just such a thing that's going to get slipped in there because dedicated users (who spend money) enjoy it, and they want to make them happy, right?

Also, it helps bring down people illegally purchasing HUGE amounts of NP. They do need to counteract it.

I don't understand. If it is really Limited Edition, why are they putting it back up again?

It was out of stock/sold out why are you bringing it back up again??! LIMITED IS LIMITED.

I wish I played Neo in 2001 >_> <_<