site theme question

woodnymph

I just finished the Altador plot and got the avvie and site theme, but the TDN guide says there is also a side bar. When i changed my theme to the constalations my sidebar turned purple but i didn't get the one to match the theme. i have been back to Altador but still don't seem to have it?

It just turned to the standard purple sidebar? The Altador plot sidebar is mainly purple-- does it have clouds around the Neopets logo in the top left corner?

It just turned to the standard purple sidebar? The Altador plot sidebar is mainly purple-- does it have clouds around the Neopets logo in the top left corner?

Very small pic but you can clearly see the colour. No clouds.

http://www.gravatar....7550a240535.png

Edit.

This might be clearer

woodyw.th.png

Edited by woodnymph

That looks identical to the colour of that part on my sidebar-- I currently have the Altador sidebar actvated.

EDIT: Here is a screen cap of what I have. :)

http://imageshack.us...dorsidebar.jpg/

Do you see just above where it shows your pet's name? Where it says Neopets? That's where the clouds I was talking about are. :)

The Neopets Purple sidebar is a much lighter purple around where your pet's name is- more of a lavender is than the neat pinky-purple colour of the Altador one. :) So I think you do have the Altador sidebar activated- maybe your computer is just having issues loading some of the images?

That looks identical to the colour of that part on my sidebar-- I currently have the Altador sidebar actvated.

EDIT: Here is a screen cap of what I have. :)

http://imageshack.us...dorsidebar.jpg/

Do you see just above where it shows your pet's name? Where it says Neopets? That's where the clouds I was talking about are. :)

The Neopets Purple sidebar is a much lighter purple around where your pet's name is- more of a lavender is than the neat pinky-purple colour of the Altador one. :) So I think you do have the Altador sidebar activated- maybe your computer is just having issues loading some of the images?

looks like i have what you have, but if you go here:- http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/neopets-sidebars/ and look at the Altador sidebar it's nothing like what we have.

Those are from the old Neopets layout. Sidebars like you see on the page, no longer exist, it's just to show-case what they used to look like, before the layout change.

What was linked to above, is what the site themes look like now.

looks like i have what you have, but if you go here:- http://www.thedailyn...opets-sidebars/ and look at the Altador sidebar it's nothing like what we have.

As Spritzie said. :) Personally, it's a sidebar that definitely benefited from the layout change! I think it's much prettier now. :)

Those are from the old Neopets layout. Sidebars like you see on the page, no longer exist, it's just to show-case what they used to look like, before the layout change.

What was linked to above, is what the site themes look like now.

Doh. I should've known that eh. Pity cos i liked the sidebar. The top half of my site theme is always missing and i can't see the bit with the constalations on :sad02:

Doh. I should've known that eh. Pity cos i liked the sidebar. The top half of my site theme is always missing and i can't see the bit with the constalations on :sad02:

Awww, that sucks. :( Is it your ad blocker?

Awww, that sucks. :( Is it your ad blocker?

My tool bar covers the top of it even when i have it set to full page but even without the toolbar the page seems to sit on the screen so that the top is off the edge of it. I've tried it on 75% and it doesnt improve it at all.

If you go here, under tutorials, and choose your browser (chrome/firefox/opera/safari), follow the directions to block the ads, the constellations will show.

edit-post a screenie of what the top bit looks like, maybe we can help :)

If you go here, under tutorials, and choose your browser (chrome/firefox/opera/safari), follow the directions to block the ads, the constellations will show.

edit-post a screenie of what the top bit looks like, maybe we can help :)

I don't have ads cos i'm on premium, and i'm using IE which isn't covered anyway. It would be awesome if somebody could fix the problem, i have been trying to ever since i started chasing site themes. This is what i have;

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/310/screeniefh.jpg

Hmm..I've never had that happen before, I don't use IE at all though. Have you tried another browser? At least to see if it shows on other browsers or if all neo access on your comp is like that from your settings.

Hmm..I've never had that happen before, I don't use IE at all though. Have you tried another browser? At least to see if it shows on other browsers or if all neo access on your comp is like that from your settings.

I have tried it on chrome and it is exactly the same. I'm using windows 7 not sure if that has something to do with it.

That's bizarre. I'm using Chrome, with an adblocker, and it doesn't get rid of that entire section- a previous ad blocker did, but when it got updated the constalations showed up again. And using Windows 7 shouldn't be the problem.

That's bizarre. I'm using Chrome, with an adblocker, and it doesn't get rid of that entire section- a previous ad blocker did, but when it got updated the constalations showed up again. And using Windows 7 shouldn't be the problem.

I see what the problem is, it's the ads, or lack of them. I don't get the ads cos of premium, but they aren't switched of, the page ends where the ads should go. So where you have a full page with ads and then switch the ads off I have the ad section of the page missing.Hence the top of my theme is missing. That's pants..... I'm paying to get half a page. Think i'll complain :sad02:

I see what the problem is, it's the ads, or lack of them. I don't get the ads cos of premium, but they aren't switched of, the page ends where the ads should go. So where you have a full page with ads and then switch the ads off I have the ad section of the page missing.Hence the top of my theme is missing. That's pants..... I'm paying to get half a page. Think i'll complain :sad02:

If it is a problem with premium, I would ask first on the premium boards -- some other members may have found a solution to the problem. :) Send in a ticket too, though. TNT may not know that this happens, and they may be able to fix it. :)

If it is a problem with premium, I would ask first on the premium boards -- some other members may have found a solution to the problem. :) Send in a ticket too, though. TNT may not know that this happens, and they may be able to fix it. :)

Good thinking Batman I'll go ask around then send a ticket. My daughters is the same and she has premium too.

So i checked on charter and it's a problem for everyone. Some people said they cured it by using different browsers with an ad blocker(bizzare) so i have spent a day trying different combinations of browser and blocker and finally came up with safari and AdBlock. It works, I have my theme and i'm really chuffed :laughingsmiley:

http://img12.imagesh.../capturezcj.jpg

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.