How did you guys discover Neopets?

Tedhaun

76 members have voted

1. 1. How did you come across Neopets?

• I had a friend who told me about it
    • Neopets merchandise (Plushies, TCG, etc.) from various retailers (Limited Too, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.)
    • I saw an advertisement for it on TV, in a magazine, or on another site
    • Via a McDonald's and/or Burger King promotion
    • Came across it while searching virtual pet sites
    • Other (please specify)

Wow, I can barely even remember. I'm almost positive my brother showed me the site, though I can't say he ever played Neopets himself (or if he did, it wasn't for long). I think it was around Y3 or Y4 in Neopia, so that's what, like 10 years ago? I then had several friends either find the site themselves or hear about it from me, and we all played for a while.

Eventually our interest faded and we all quit. In high school, I tried to play again (new account), but my accounts got hacked during a long hiatus. I came back in October of last year, made another new account, and don't plan on leaving for a while yet!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I learned about it from a friend years ago, back in the fifth grade. I thought neopets was awesome. I fell in love with Zafaras and Eyries during the time. Since I've gotten older I've fallen in love with Gelerts and Hissis, and not so much Zafaras or Eyries. I became obsessed with neopets at the time but I was absolutely awful at it! Not saying that I'm much better now, but not as atrocious. xD

I was watching a children's Saturday morning show, Diggit, and one of the sponsors was the little electronic Neopet toys. There was a website under the logo, so I decided to check it out. Made an account and the rest is history. :P Lost my old one in a wipe after a hiatus in 2007, but started afresh in 2010.

I honestly have no idea how I first heard about it. But I definitely know no one told me about it and it wasnt from any promotion at McD or BK. :S

Have been on it for almost 10 years though! :D

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm a little late to this post, but I got into neopets way back in 2000, when this girl at my church was playing it. It looked cool, so me and my sis went straight home and made accounts. Although I've made so many accounts and lost my original one, I've been playing on and off since then. I played consecutively from 2000-2007 then got embarassed because I thought I was too old for it, got into it again in 2009 or a couple of months, then stopped, back on in 2011 for a couple of months, and now I'm back on for good :P (P.S I don't think I'll ever outgrow neopets from the looks of it...)