Super Moon

moni_rawr

Who else is excited for the super moon tonight?

I'm a bit on the fence about it because it will make it so that no one will be able to really see the meteor shower still happening from the remnants of Halley's Comet, but I do enjoy really bright moons.

I'm looking forward to the moon and the shower but where I live it's supposed to rain a little in the evening so I might not see either. Good luck to the rest of you though.

There has been a meteor shower for over a week now...don't know if it's all debris from Halley's Comet though.

The meteor shower actually caused a sonic boom because one of the particles entered our atmosphere and was large enough that it did not disintegrate, and it reached the speed of sound and was heard around the world.

Of course, this happened less than a week after there was a sonic boom here in Tucson, Arizona because of the jets that were practicing for the air show that happens on the Air Force base every other year.

I know that there's a website that shows meteor showers and eclipses and such, I will put the link on this board when I come back from shirt shopping for an interview coming up.

http://stardate.org/nightsky/meteors

Here is a link to see when the meteor showers are going to happen.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/6539981

This link is for a live feed from Nasa that will show the meteor shower when it is most visible I believe.

The shower is going to be really hard to see with the super moon.

It looked small to me. It was bigger than the other moons, but that was because it was "Supermoon" I wished I could see it huger