Old pets vs New pets

shelbyleigh

i like the older pets much better than the new ones.

the new ones look too fluffy and cute. o___o the grarrl and jetsam look went from menacing and cool to something completely lame.

while i think it's good that they're upgrading, i would prefer that they make pets look less cheeky and chibi.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the UC neopets look better than the new ones IMO. The art generally seems more childish (or maybe I just grew) - more blunted edges, more weird shading... And what's with all the new neopets holding out their fists? On some of them it's ridiculous (koi for instance)

• 2 weeks later...

And what's with all the new neopets holding out their fists? On some of them it's ridiculous (koi for instance)

Oh yeah.. I agree with that. I had to find things for my pets to hold just so it wouldn't look ridiculous lol.

Anyhow... Lutaris were one of my favorite pets... they looked so cool back when they came out but I don't like the way they look now :( Fortunately the baby Lutari is pretty adorable so I will probably aim to get one of those :D

My other favorite pet.. the Draik, in my opinion looks a lot better after the change. I didn't like way they sat up on their tails in the old pictures. I thought it looked awkward.

Anyhow... Lutaris were one of my favorite pets... they looked so cool back when they came out but I don't like the way they look now :(

I used to adore the old Lutaris, but I can't stand how they look now. They've been ruined, in my opinion. I can't bring myself to have a new one.

Oh my gosh, looking at all of these posts actually made me depressed. Seriously, the old RG Kyriis & Aishas were absolutely gorgeous. Customization just makes your pet look gaudy and tacky, in my opinion.

Someone should make an Adblock list or something that replaces the new images with the old ones. It would make me feel better about myself.

I have been around Neopets for 11+ years... and I have been okay with the change. I do love to see UC pets, and would like to have some sort of potion for getting such a pet. But I don't mind some of the new pets they have now. For instance, my two babies:

Bloo_dust - Baby Lupe

Keyvli - Pirate/Archer Kougra

I enjoy any pet that doesn't have 'arms'. Like someone mentioned before, WHY DO THEY HAVE FISTS?!?!

Speaking of old pets and such, I'm not sure if this is the topic to ask this, but here goes:

Does anyone have an opinion about new pets coming out? Or do you think TNT will even release a new pet? I would actually love to see their creativity bloom a little more in this department.

The only thing about the old neopets I like better than the new neopets is the neopets themselves. That being said, the pets are the only reason WHY I like the old neopets better. The Faerie Peophine are my absolute favorite Neopet...until they got converted. I'd gladly give up customization for all of my neopets to get a UC fearie peophin. Their art is so much better looking, and they are so much prettier. D:

And the plushie pets. I loved all of them, espeically the plushie Zafara. Now they just look....weird. They used to look all huggable, but now they just look like someone stiched together the pet, but it looks like it's still made of fur and real body parts.

The only pet I think that looks better in the new version is the Uni. Other than that, pets that I espeically liked because of their pose like the Xweetok or because of their facial expressions like the Ixi are going to recieve less love from me because I don't like their new poses.

Biggest Disappointments:

peophin_faerie_baby.gif to 4.png

zafara_royalboy_baby.gif to 4.png

Moving my post from the other board, sorry if most of this has been mentioned....

A thread like this was made earlier this year, in January I believe, but there hasn't been a new post in it since March, so I decided to remake it. Anyway, the question is, what pets do you think the redesign completely destroyed? For me, it just has to be the Flotsam, mostly for the simple reason that what used to be my favourite pet has now become a weird knock-off of its former self. How on Earth could they have gone from such a cute, original design like this:

f9hb0p.jpg

To an overly generic weird looking design like this:

osfyao.jpg

Thinking about it actually makes me a bit sad... Oh, nostalgia for what once was. I also am not fond of the redesigned Lutari, Elephante, Blumaroo, Meerca, Grarrl, Jetsam, or Wocky. I especially feel bad for the Blumaroo and Meerca, since the redesign completely messed up one of the key characteristics of the species! The Wocky's eyebrows creepy me out, too.

I have to disagree. I never liked Flotsams until the redesign. I dunno, the original looks a bit derpy and the pose and smile seem really forced. I adore the new Darigan Flotsam.

bori_brown_baby.gif2.png

I don't like how the Bori's claws became blunter, how are they supposed to dig with those stubby things? Plus the pose and eye direction in the original had more character.

gelert_orange_baby.gif2.png

I like the art update they gave the Gelerts, but the smile and expression look really... awkward. Almost uncomfortable

grarrl_cloud_baby.gif. 2.png

The Grarrl is one of the worst for me. It's expression was perfect before. Now it has a stupidly forced smile, and the pupils are too large for me.

lutari_green_baby.gif2.png

And, as mentioned before, the Lutari. The eyes are too square, and the body looks disjointed and less flow-y, I think they should have made it quadruped.

wocky_electric_baby.gif2.png

Really hate what they did with the Wockie's eyes. Made 'em squarer again and made their eyebrows too prominent.

Overall though, I think most pets came out OK! A lot of them needed an art upgrade anyway. Like most have mentioned, many of the colours with original poses, like Faerie, Grey, Dargian and Royal to name a few.

That's all for me.

And now my post is there as well. Yeah, neglected to check and see if my topic hadn't been made before. Sorry.

In any case, I still stand by my opinion that the UC Flotsam was one of the most adorable things ever, and customisation destroyed it. The new Wockies scare me to death because those eyebrows, guh, I couldn't care less about the rest of it but sheesh, what were they thinking making them that enormous and creepy looking?

• 2 weeks later...

well... at first i thought i was going to buy a lot of stuff for my pets... I kept the faerie ixi though, coz i love the artwork, and the new one was not convincing enough for me to change it... but then i realized i was not really into clothing, and i now wish i had all my pets uc... well, alll except my lab pet :P

i hadnt spent money playing neopets till now, i dont buy neocash items, so it doesnt make much sense to have the new pets...

and i totally agree with the "FIST" related comments before... it looks ugly.

I definitely prefer the UC pets over the converted, mainly because I think that the new versions lack what uniqueness they had before. Just look at the UC Faerie Yurble, or the UC Tyrannian Krawk - not to mention basically all of the UC Royals.

I actually like customizing my pets, but I think that it would be a good idea to be able to choose between uncoverted and converted pets. As previous posters have mentioned, it could even be profitable for TNT.