Hannah

Firefox or IE? Which is better?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Whick is better? Fire Fox or IE?

• Firefox
    • Internet Explorer
    • Both
    • Neither

The problem is that this is Kuching - it's hard to find any software that isn't pirated.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to like IE better, but I've gotten used to Firefox now. If I'm on TDN, I use FF, because the pictures take forever to load in IE. However, I use IE for my library's website (because it only supports IE) and for playing Flash games in Neopets (only the flash games, though, nothing else). In FF, Neopets flash games will not load for me.

I LOVE FIREFOX! It kicks IE's butt! It goes alot faster and it doesnt need "Active X"!!! Yesterday I downloaded the IE 7.0 and every website i went to i kept saying i should download "Active X" It go so annoying! So I dont like it that much lol Plus, Ive been using Firefox since i got my computer which was about 3 or 4 years ago! So eat that IE! :P

I LOVE FIREFOX! It kicks IE's butt! It goes alot faster and it doesnt need "Active X"!!! Yesterday I downloaded the IE 7.0 and every website i went to i kept saying i should download "Active X" It go so annoying! So I dont like it that much lol Plus, Ive been using Firefox since i got my computer which was about 3 or 4 years ago! So eat that IE! :P

Really? I still have to install Active X on FF (or I did when I first switched over). Neopets won't work correctly without it.

Guest Lightning Strike
Really? I still have to install Active X on FF (or I did when I first switched over). Neopets won't work correctly without it.

No, a little mistake there. Neopets needs Adobe Flash Player, which is one of the most important plug-ins for ANY browser. It should not be confused with Active X, which are executable plug-ins. Spyware companies insert malicious code into their BHO's (Browser Helper Objects, referred as to as "toolbars"), in which IE6 (old version) was vulnerable. Therefore many people (like me) switched to Firefox. To tell you the truth, I've used IE since I was 6 (about version 3 of IE) without many problems. Then again, we were in the time of Windows 98, and there weren't as many viruses (and spyware didn't even exist) as there are today. Now, in Vista, we get a fully loaded UAC (User Account Control, referred to as those "annoying pop-ups when we do something that requires Admin privileges).

I recently reinstalled Vista on my laptop and decided to try Opera. I don't like it's interface and I'm too much of a fan of Firefox to move. :D

P.S. Don't forget to install version 2.0.0.3, which includes some bug and security fixes.

P.S. Don't forget to install version 2.0.0.3, which includes some bug and security fixes.

Just some minor problems, you won't notice a difference if you still run 2.0.0.2.

Guest Lightning Strike
Firefox udpdates to much. So it might be that its is never really that good.

Better than IE, it's update span is, lemme see...around 5 years.

• 1 month later...

like 12 other people, I said Firefox...

And the why is... because IE is always crashing for nothing and I don't have space on my disk to download the newest version anyway XD

Really? From my experience, Firefox is much more reliable than IE.

I think that debate could last forever, because it's about our personal tastes :P So we are all defending the good position XD

My FF was going all well untill it lost all data of my favorites and everytime I saved them again the next day they would be gone. This was getting annoying so I reinstalled it but the same thing happened o_O So I'm using IE at the moment.

Guest Levy

You sure something isn't wrong with your computer or maybe you didn't have something set right?

Anyway...

FIREFOX FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry. . .

Only if you have plenty of add-ons installed. And why would that make IE better?

There is an annoying problem with FF on Neopets where I can't click the links in the top right corner.

• 4 weeks later...

IE to me is not good at all cos it sometimes do not allow me to go one of my favourite websites. Firefox to me is super good =D

It allows me to go to my favourite website!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Matt) because of a violation of the forum rules.

+14 day old topic. - Let sleeping dogs lie.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Matt if you have any questions regarding this action.