Chocolate Avvie - When does this shop restock? How long did it take you?

laurageezy

Hi neopians!

So I've been trying to get the chocolate avvie for almost half a year. I've been using the TDN chocolate list: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/chocolate-list/

But I've just had zero luck finding one of these items. How often does this shop restock? And how long did it take you?

I didn't try very hard to get it, but even so, it didn't take me very long.

I didn't have all the things memorized that qualified. I went in and looked for items that cost over 1,000. When there's one of those, chances are good it's a rarity 90+. Find one, buy it as fast as possible.

I think I did it in the middle of the day, too, but remember that the time of day may help you out. The majority of Neopians are in the American time zones, so if you go when it's midnight NST, most people won't be on to fight you for the item.

It took me a few months to get the avatar, with many close calls, but I finally got it on half-price day.

I say your biggest mistake is that you're searching for specific items by name/picture. Forget all of that because you're going to waste precious seconds looking at the title/picture while other people are already on the next page buying the item.

Only look for items that are priced 5,000 nps.

Once you see the 5,000 (and they usually stick out) GO! GO! GO!

Practice as much as you can during the month, you will perfect your skills. If you still don't have it by the end of the month, wait for Half Price Day. The shop will move a lot faster, meaning more restocks while you're online, giving you more chances to get a R90 item (and they will be cheaper with 2,500 nps)

It took me a few months to get the avatar, with many close calls, but I finally got it on half-price day.

I say your biggest mistake is that you're searching for specific items by name/picture. Forget all of that because you're going to waste precious seconds looking at the title/picture while other people are already on the next page buying the item.

Only look for items that are priced 5,000 nps.

Once you see the 5,000 (and they usually stick out) GO! GO! GO!

Practice as much as you can during the month, you will perfect your skills. If you still don't have it by the end of the month, wait for Half Price Day. The shop will move a lot faster, meaning more restocks while you're online, giving you more chances to get a R90 item (and they will be cheaper with 2,500 nps)

Doesn't it get harder on half price day, though, when everyone's buying for cheap things?

Sweetdang, that's true, but the trick to it is, since there's more people stalking the shop, more items will be bought, causing it to restock more often, allowing more chances to get it.

Untitled-1.jpg

Here is a screenie of getting the avatar ... as you see I went for the expensive item ... it was half-price day :) so yes , it's doable even if you don't have the best connection