Chances of getting unfrozen..

keiwo

.. when you've been frozen for something you didn't do?

I logged on yesterday to find that I had been frozen for 'scamming other users'. I was (and still am) pretty upset as I put a lot of effort into my account, bought NC and premium for it and made sure I never broke any rules. The ban reason especially got me a bit riled up as I spend quite a lot of my time on Neopets giving people things randomly - I'm not a taker or a scammer in any sense.

I've sent in a ticket but I'm not feeling too hopeful. This has happened to me before (a few years ago) and I just got automated response after automated response. Has this ever happened to any of you guys? What can I do?

This actually happened to me about two years ago. I'm fairly certain it had something to do with me getting CG'ed, and my main was frozen. After wresting with TNT and their automated responses (about 7 months worth of it), I managed to finally get an actual person respond to my ticket. I had sent in the file I compiled with all my account information, to prove my ownership of the account, and it took about a month and a few days for them to resolve the issue. Make sure you include the current email for your account (follow-up on the ticket if you didn't). As long as you've proven your ownership of the account, I don't think it should take too long to get it sorted.

Just requires a bit of patience. Good luck! :)

Here's one of the many reasons TNT sometimes does not return accounts: Often, they believe, that one of the reasons (beyond cookie grabbing) that a person's account was placed in jeopardy was because they handed over their secret word in an attempt to obtain cheats by way of false promising websites. Now, I'm sure you hadn't done this, but this is the part which TNT needs to guess at: Did you attempt to cheat by say, giving a website your secret word, or did you merely get cookie grabbed, or, was your secret word guessed?

Now, I think TNT does look at all evidence, but I'd advise you to be very persistent. As it's already been stated, you need to answer all tickets, automated or not, and provide all truths and everything you can think of to support yourself and your account. I'm not saying TNT won't give you your account back, I'm just listing a common reason that they may not wish to.

Keep on it, prove the account was yours, and yeah. Sorry about what happened.

I REALLY hope you get it back!!!!!

That's so unfair!!! I always cringe at stories like this, I mean if these thing can happen to people like you, it can happen to anyone. Hopefully you can get it back mostly intact and maybe TNT will find a way to deal with these problems in a better way. Idk how but anyway that's better would work. Just hope for the best keiwo. That disabled page gives me the creeps. :(

Oh, that's sad sad sad! You do seem like such a lovely person, too :(

What I've found from sending in tickets (Constantly... I think they're getting sick of me, always reporting glitches and such, heehee)

is that some of the staff are far more helpful than others.

I was in a somewhat similar situation, where I had lost access of an account. I sent them so much information about that account, but unfortunately the email address with which I had registered was not active anymore, as it had been erased.

I got stuck with the same person for so long, and they basically refused to do anything. Eventually, after sending in approximately 4.6 billion tickets, I came into contact with a staff member who was far more willing to help me out. Hurrah!

So, if the first few tickets are not helpful, keep trying! Maybe another staff member will be more able to help you out.

I do hope you get your account back~!

-Kida

The freeze reason often doesn't tell the whole story. Others have mentioned helpful stuff. Was your password easy to guess? I've heard that TNT will freeze people if they have the slightest suspicion of someone else in your account and your password is also easy to guess. Your odds of getting frozen are a lot less if you have a complicated password as TNT probably won't be willing to freeze you as much. Helpful when you're logging into neopets while traveling through airport(s) in a single day as they would see multiple logins.

I'm sorry about what happen to your account. :(

As everyone has said here, try to prove as much info as you can about the account and try to have a complicated password that you will remember! :)