How do you feel about the new Games Room?

Varietypack

I'm really excited about the new beta version. It runs better on my computer and the graphics are prettier! But there are a few things that bug me a little.

1. It took me until now to figure out how to change the game size. (the little gear next to the name of the game)

2. I liked it when you could tell right away how many people have played a certain game in a day.

The good stuff:

1. I love how they have a little heart in the upper left hand corner to add for favorites! Super cute!

2. The way they show the trophy on the high scores table is a nice touch.

3. I really like the table at the top of the page that has lists of all the games you can play. Not that I ever use it, but it's pretty. :)

4. And any time there's a scores galore, I'm super happy! Even if it doesn't last too long.

These may just seem like goofy details, but I happen to always be fascinated with web design and the like.

I like it a lot, although I thought it was fine previously, too. Now it's far more colourful and more organized. It's good TNT is trying to make the games more appealing, especially gearing us up for Daily Dare. ;) Right now, I'm playing my favourites and making some good money. -^.^-

But why does King Roo look so big? What has he been eating!?

How do I feel about the new games room?

I used to have mixed feelings at first when I thought that TNT messed up the ratios (100 is really 1.00 NP Ratio, 1667 is 16.67 NP Ratio, and so on), but they fixed it a day after. Also, I like the spiffy new style of the games room, and it's also more organized than it was in the past.

One con I have to say is that it no longer displays the recent games that you have played.

One new thing that I find cool about this is that you can compare your scores easily with your Neofriends.

In other terms, I'd give it a 4 out of 5 star rating. I do miss the old games room, but the new one is well worth getting used to. :yes:

i have mixed feelings on the layout, i also miss the most recently played list, and it maybe will take some getting used to

its unrelated except that its normal resetting game ratios.. but peeved still at kass basher score being changed.

One con I have to say is that it no longer displays the recent games that you have played.

I thought this too, but my most recent games were almost always in my favourites because I only play a few games, so now that the favourites is easier to access I really like it. :)

I like the new games room, the layout is much more attractive in my opinion. I also like being able to see my friends top scores of the game I'm playing.

I didn't think the old games room was bad though, there were alot of other things that TNT could have been working on instead....

I really like how fast it loads on my computer. Everything looks really nice, too.

My only real problem with it is that I can't see all of my favorites. But a lot of what they added is stuff that I don't think I'll ever really use. None of my friends seem to play games, so seeing their scores has been pretty disappointing. I don't really understand how they organized games by worlds.

I don't really understand how they organized games by worlds.

I think games were already assigned to worlds before the switch. It's just one more way to find them (e.g. if you know you played a space-themed game but can't remember the name, you could check Kreludor games).

I personally like the changes to the Game Room, except for the change to favorites. Now, only 12 are visible at a time, and I had more favorite games than that due to my account age. So it's frustrating to not be able to view as many of my favorites, considering that's where I add each month's high ratio games to play daily.

One new thing that I find cool about this is that you can compare your scores easily with your Neofriends.

Oh that's the one thing that I don't care for, lol. But then again, if I had "bragging scores" I would love it.

All in all I like the new games room revamp.

I like the colors and how much more organized it seems. The staff picks area is a fun new addition. I'll miss the recently played area, but I think the favorites always showing down at the bottom makes up for that. I dislike that there is no area specifically for sponsor games like there used to be. You also can't search for 'ad' or 'sponsor' and have the current sponsor games come up. I always liked to see what was new in that section because those tend to be easy np while they last. There does seem to be an ad/sponsor game specific section in the showcase games, but it only shows three games as opposed to all of them.

I love that we get scores galore. Kass Basher. 5 times a day? 5000 neopoints? Definitely!

On that note. I wish they'd focused their time on something else on the site. The games room was fine before. One thing that will always annoy me is when the ads on the side play when you're playing a game. It freezes the game on my slow computer. If only they weren't so money hungry and could stand to take those simple ads away and put them elsewhere instead. :/

One thing that will always annoy me is when the ads on the side play when you're playing a game. It freezes the game on my slow computer.  :/

i believe there is an application on TDN that will help you disable the ads.  I did it so long ago I can't remember what it's called but I know it's on the site.

I think games were already assigned to worlds before the switch. It's just one more way to find them (e.g. if you know you played a space-themed game but can't remember the name, you could check Kreludor games).

I didn't like how some of the games were sorted, as in I thought they were put into the wrong world. When I went to look for an example, they weren't listed anymore, though. Is anyone else noticing this happening?

One thing that will always annoy me is when the ads on the side play when you're playing a game. It freezes the game on my slow computer. If only they weren't so money hungry and could stand to take those simple ads away and put them elsewhere instead. :/

I wouldn't mind the game room change, except that the ads make games more difficult to play on my slow laptop (I'm sure it wasn't as bad before). I don't really mind most ads, but when I lost out on beating my high score on one of my favourite games because it froze up due to the site loading a new ad at the side of the screen, I finally went and got an ad blocker.

Other than the ad issue, it's alright, but I liked it before too and can't say I was hoping they'd update it or anything.

[Edit] In my case it might not have been the ads at all... I have just realised it set all my games to medium setting. Oops! Think I'll see how things go without the adverts for a while anyway.

Edited by CrazyBiscuit

what annoys me is that it didn't seem to be needed and now i encounter more bugs and games lag so i can't do as well on them till i find a way to reduce it.

just before daily dare and just as i start a trophy grabbing spree.

wish they would of fixed some of the games instead of the game room, shockwave games and invasion of meridellcome to mind.

I wonder if they had to change the games room, in order to address some of the issues? Just a thought? As we all know, browsers update and change all the time, and for web designers that's a real headache, they've probably planned in this change for months (if not years) - they will have a 5 year plan (or ten or 3, I'm just guessing from my experience) that will have an overview of each thing they're going to update next, and it was just the games rooms turn, hopefully with it up to date for all the modern browsers, they can then move on with tackling bugs and glitches.

Another thing to remember is the people that changed the games room, will not necessarily (very unlikely) be the same people who are responsible for something like habitarium, they're totally different skills, web design compared to flash development, games developers compared to change management etc...

In neopets we trust ;) (mostly ahem, sometimes... ummm change that to in meepits we trust :P )