Nay on Subeta

Lady Lyuba

If Subeta didn't have lag, I'd play it more than Neopets. 

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but these are just MY OPINIONS. So please don't go thinking what I say are facts. They are based off of my observants of playing Subeta and Neopets for over 4 years.

Pets- Hands-down, Subeta pets are better. They're more detailed, better drawn, better looking, just better. And even though there is no customization, Subeta allows you to overlay your pet images with images that are slightly edited. Like the pet you have but want butterflies around it? Cool, it's allowed. Just get you or someone else to draw it as an edit on the original pet. What a glade pet that is a deeper shade of green? Okay, just edit the color and overlay the image. I think this allows for more creativity when customizing pets. 

Also with the lab ray, I like Subeta's version better. You pay for each use, not for the map and then unlimited uses. Another thing with pets is that on Subeta you can have up to 20 pets on an account. You have to pay for the slots, and I know neopets technically let's you have 20 pets (4 pets x 5 accounts) but I'd rather have them all on one account than spread out.

Accounts- Neopets wins, because Subeta only allows one account. This helps with free pet storage and several lab ray zappings a day (the lab ray in Subeta has a time limit). Also, the fact that the main account can be switched is also neat.

Staff- Keith is not a nice person, and neither are some of the other admins/mods. I've seen instances when some of the things they've done are either really greedy or just really mean and frustrating for the users. I'd rather have a disconnected staff with professionals running the scene than staff that communicates with the users but are condescending to them. I also like a staff that doesn't pick favorites rather than an admin that clearly has favorites and gives them benefits (even if they're really small benefits)

Events- I've only participated in one Subeta event and few Neopet events. And, I liked the one on Subeta better. It was more interactive and fun than a click-and-find, comic strip, thing that Neopets does. The events usually involve the whole site, making you feel more involved than on Neopets.

Cash Shops- They both have them. They both give different items/ services. I'm not going to compare, because they're too different in my opinion.

Lagging- Like I said, it's so bad, it's the reason why I started playing Neopets more.

Games- Neopet games are 100 times better. Money can be made quickest and easiest on Subeta by restocking and questing. I like playing games better, it's less boring.

Avatars- Eh. Hard to compare. But human customizable avatars are better than the icons on Neopets, because they're more detailed and well...customizable.

User-base- There are amazing and intelligent people on both sites. I just think it's harder to see on Neopets because of how large the userbase is. I stopped chatting on the forums on Neopets because people there are much more immature and annoying than  the Subeta forums. But, I love everyone in my guild. It's just a matter of percentage, since Neopets has more users.

Rules- Subeta's rules are definitely less strict when it comes to what you're allowed to say/discuss. And I honestly disagree Neopets is for older kids. It may have STARTED that way, but now it's definitely geared towards little kids now. Subeta is geared more for older teens/ adults. 

I'd also like to point out that I agree Subeta is NOT a copy of Neopets. It's a pet site. There are lots of pet sites on the internet, and yeah, they have some similarities, but not similar enough to be a copy. They both have forums, shops, games, pets, coloring changing items, yeah, those are all components that all pet sites have. They're both petsites. Even if Neopets was the first petsite, that means it's a genre of website, not a specific and unique type of website. If there are 2000 other similar sites, it's not a copycat because that one "site" has turned into a genre. Was Facebook and Myspace a copy of the first social networking site? No. Because social networking is a genre. If you painted a snowy landscape and another artist painted another snowy landscape in their own style is that copying? No. It's inspiration. Even though they both have pets and items that change their colors, the events/plots, way the staff runs the site, and some features are unique to both sites. 

I have never been on Subeta. I have heard of the site, but never tried it. But I have to tell you: Complaining about it is not going to do any good to you or anyone else. They have their way. Let it be. If you like Neopets more, just stick to it. If you don't like Subeta, leave it. Problem solved.