Removing Neofriends?

Lady Kakata

I play Habi seriously in order to save up for my Pink Paint Brush. As such, people show up on my Habi list that are no longer Habi players and I usually unfriend people who refuse/reject Habi items after they became my Neofriend to receive donations

Do you feel bad for removing friends? I have to prune back my Neofriends recently and removed people that weren't interested in Habi items or were casual friends. I still keep people who need items or I know from outside Neopets or who have traded me NC items.

erm i sometimes feel bad, but there is more reason to cut my NF list than my FB friends :P

half the time i leave it because i'm lazy though. but there are about 12 people who i ought to remove.

with casual friends i have more of a problem deleting those.

i keep my friends on separate accounts too, i have a NC trading account and NC friends are only on there if i can. makes it easier to remember who i know from where

To be honest, I rarely remove people from my Neofriend list... unless they haven't been active in ages (over 6 months) or if their account is frozen. I never feel bad for deleting them :P

I never visit others' habitarium and I don't gift anything since pretty much everyone is on level 50 by now and they don't need anything. If one of my friend was asking me for items, I'd be happy to give them some though. xD

XD Well when I was a habi newbie, people were nice enough to donate items to me so I want to return the favour on the Boards

I just trimmed my friendlist again. If ANYONE has been removed that doesn't want to be, please let me know! I've probably deleted you and not realised who you were on here!

I don't have many NF's ... I'm a bit of a loner ... I usually remove NF's who I don't talk to ... or those who added me for a private auction ... or those who weren't active for a long time ... and I don't feel bad about it ...

I once removed a NF who added me during AC bcz we're both Shenkuu players and she only logs on Neopets to play AC .. a while later I got a sad/angry NM from her ... so I re-added her ... 2 weeks after she removed me :D

^Haha that story made me snort out loud.

I usually just go ahead and delete the ones that don't accept the items, mostly because it's annoying to get a bunch of items back two days later. But if someone wanted to add me again, I wouldn't mind. Usually I think people don't notice/are glad you did it because they were procrastinating on it.

I pretty much do the same thing as Xepha. I only really delete people if we never really talk. (Even if it's just a message here and there, but when they add me, and I never hear from them again, I delete.) Or inactive, kinda. I'm not super good about that. I have one Neofriend that hasn't been active in more than 300 days, but she was a really close friend of mine, so I keep hoping she'll suddenly log in again.

And if someone is frozen, I delete as well.

I hardly have any NeoFriends regardless, so they don't take up too much room on my Habi list. I don't feel bad about removing them because they don't care - a lot of them no longer come on Neopets anyway.

It's nothing personal. Habitarium is glitchy and it can't handle too many Neofriends. If they ask, simply explain. It's not like Facebook, where you have to sometimes face someone you've deleted. (And trust me, some people do take it quite personally...I've been there.) Now, if they were your good friend who you Neomail frequently and speak with, yeah, I'd feel bad. Wouldn't be too fair simply because they don't play Habitarium. However, on the same note, if you explained it to them, they'd probably understand. Being a Neofriend doesn't matter that much regardless.

I don't really talk to ANY of my neofriends, but in the little notes section- usually I put down how I know people. My guild isn't really active anymore- but I can't bear to leave it since I've been there for about 5 years. Every once in a while I'll go to my neofriends section and if I don't really know the person- I'll delete them :)

I have a couple of Neofriends that I made on this forum that I wouldn't delete unless they deleted me first. I keep to myself mostly, but I like to think that if they ever needed something then they could just contact me and ask and I'd help out if I could.

Otherwise, the majority of my Neofriends are friends from high school, a relative, and other friends that used to play Neopets - none of which have played for years. I sort of just hope one or two of them will play again, but I know they won't. Still, I don't have enough Neofriends to feel like it needs tidying up anyway.