Suicide

khaos

Suicide is not the way out. You just have to suck it up and deal with your problems. If you seriously are considering it chances are SOMEBODY will find out and admit you to the hospital/psychatric ward.

Also, people blame the media for suicide. Now that right there is ignorance. I listen to songs about cutting and suicide and I'm not suicidal.

The bottom line is, no matter how much of long sleeved shirts you have or no matter what "plan" if you have one you have to commit suicide, somebody WILL find out. So why even think about it?

Suicide is not the way out. You just have to suck it up and deal with your problems. If you seriously are considering it chances are SOMEBODY will find out and admit you to the hospital/psychatric ward.

Also, people blame the media for suicide. Now that right there is ignorance. I listen to songs about cutting and suicide and I'm not suicidal.

The bottom line is, no matter how much of long sleeved shirts you have or no matter what "plan" if you have one you have to commit suicide, somebody WILL find out. So why even think about it?

You need to read the last two pages on here. Seriously.

Also Rach and Passiflora I do agree with you to some extent. There are occasional people that will just say or do things like that for their own means, and not because they actually feel it or would. I'm looking at it strictly from a MH side though, I don't like thinking of people as simply manipulative or coersive. There are always, always underlying reasons for everything, and to say he wants to kill himlself in that situation there must be something 'different' about him mentally - as I'm sure we can agree 'normal' people don't do things like that.

My body, my choice.

Or does that only apply to women? :rolleyes_anim:

Sexist much? Even if you're joking :thumbsdown:

If you have the cognitive ability to make your own decision and possess a body then consider yourself to have a body and a choice.

If i could post anonymously, i'd have lots of personal experience to offer on many of the points raised here. But as it is you all lucked out; this will be brief and address only the original post.

Do 6-year-olds conceive of the concept of death? Absolutely. I had some undertow try to drag me out into the Atlantic Ocean when i was 6; promptly upon instinctively clawing my way onto shore, i thought to myself, "why did i pull myself out? That was stupid."