Faerie Questing Woes

bataclops

I just got my third crafting faerie quest today and I felt the need to quickly rant to someone. Many users don't purchase neocash so I feel like these should only be bonus quests in the same way that NC events have always been in addition to regular events but not necessary in order to enjoy the event as is (like they have been in daily dare and faeries ruin). Of course, I probably only feel this because I've had the horrible luck of managing to get three of her quests. What woes have others experienced while doing their faerie quests?

ugh, those crafting quests can definitely be a pain! here's a tip i learned from somebody else: before accepting your quest, change your language to chinese since nc isn't implemented there. that way no annoying crafting faerie quests :) (so far no one on the neoboards has gotten delina after doing this, so i guess it must be working!)

i've also had 3 quests from the crafting faerie, i've rejected one. i still want the quests for the wig, wings and tree.

i think they should be offered as the bonus quest only as some people could have terrible luck and get her all the time, which is a shame during an event like this, i know someone who has had 5 crafting quests so far, she has NC but shes rejected 3 quests because they aren't high trading items.

i've done quests which are expensive (25k nps for a stat increase on a lab pet) so i could try for the bonus quests, but i've only gotten them once. really wish the incidence of crafting bonus quests was increased, and if she was taken out of the normal quests. :P

there are alot of people seeking the materials on the NC boards, frankly no-one has 3 boxes to spare + a gift box capsule to get the item.

I've only received one of Delina's Quests so far throughout the entire event, but never did it since I don't have any NC on me.

Also, I never had any heavy Faerie Quest woes, but trying to get an item that's very expensive due to either inflation or high rarity can become very painful to your virtual pocket if you don't play a lot of flash games for backup Neopoints.

Only woes I've had were trying to find an afforable Cherub Xweetok Plushie, an affordable Schnelly Collectible Charm and an affordable Musketeer Usuki for some Neopets/TDN users. It's painful if you fail to help someone out on finding an inexpensive price on an item they need for a Faerie Quest. :sad01_anim:

I've only had two Crafting Faerie quests, and I have NC, so it hasn't been a problem to me. I'm just sick of getting a ton of Air Faerie quests, especially since the items keep being over 20,000, sometimes over 50,000. Then I go and help people with their quests, and nearly everyone has a cheap quest--under 10k. Pegleg wax? Really? Can I please have whatever quest requires PEGLEG WAX? For 5 np, I'll do that quest for ANY faerie. I haven't had an item under 20k in a while.

And how is it that I've been on the site for nearly eleven years , but I've never gotten a Fountain Faerie quest? I'm not sure what I would do with it right off (I would save it for whoever my fourth pet ends up being), but it would be nice to have, especially since newbies at the last faerie quest thing got TWO Fountain Faerie quests in the same event.

I agree with bataclops in that a lot of people don't deal with NC. I'm not one of them but I don't like the thought of someone not reaching their goal because of not being able to get their hands on $$ for whatever reason. UGH!

Bataclops, I don't get her quests often either.

I've had two from Delina and I agree, it's just not cricket. They should keep Crafting Faerie quests as bonus only (had two of those as well O.o).

it will be interesting to see if China was included in the recent rollout of NC into other countries, occasionally you see boards of people seeking items for other people who can't access NC Chat but i haven't seen any lately.

and i've had a stack of expensive quests, the inflation on some items is insane, maybe next year there could be a quest items shop? to be run sort of like the second hand shoppe (in that you are limited to 8 items per day or something) which sells the quest items to deal with the extra demand? yes obviously people could still inflate, but price is driven by supply vs demand, and if the supply was increased with no incentive to hoard it would help on some of the rarer but not normally expensive items.

i would willingly pay inflated prices for an increased chance of a FFQ :P

I've gotten one of her quests- but yes, it was a bonus. Most of my items have been REALLY expensive, but I lucked out the other day with a Space Faerie Quest where the item was I think 2k! It was awesome- and she raised my pet 5 levels!

I don't mind Delina as much - but she really is as useless as an Air Faerie. I'm just sick of getting nothing but Uber faeries all the time, and I thought my luck had changed yesterday with the Battle Faerie. So I came one today hoping for a rare faerie and GUESS WHAT?!? I got an AIR FAERIE! :grrr: I know exactly what TNT did - they decreased our chances of getting the rare faeries! Not cool! I delcined today's quest, in hopes that that'll teach those dang uber faeries a lesson. I've been nice to them up until this point. Now, no more Miss Nice Girl. I should have been declining those uber faeries much sooner. I wish we could just have one more week!

I agree with you @___@ It's really not fair to people who don't or can't buy NC...

I've just accepted my NC addiction, but even I am upset... I got like four of her quests, and three of them were for the wig :grrr:

I definitely think it should be on the side as a bonus quest. I buy NC but it still bothers me. I've gotten her many times this year and it really makes me frustrated. The only item I wanted was the wig but I got that request when I had no NC left on my account -.- and it's unfair to people who don't have the money to buy NC or live where they can't buy NC.

Although it bothers some users having NC side events (such as during the daily dare), I feel that those are completely fair. That way NC doesn't affect the main event and is completely optional. I feel the crafting faerie should be the same way.

I'm interested in trying the Chinese method but I'm not sure which option it is in the language drop down... anyone know?

I'm a Neocash user, but yeah, I feel that Delina's quests should be restricted to bonuses, too -- or at least, she shouldn't be made available to those who live where NC is inaccessible. I know whether one completes a quest doesn't affect one's eligibility for the bonus prize at the end, but I don't see the point of the latter -- they can't get NC, period, so … yeah.

I wish that as a bonus for completing X number of quests, we could choose which faerie we'd want to receive a quest from. It'd motivate people to complete quests (I know I would, even if I don't necessarily need certain stats), and I doubt that everyone would clamour for an FFQ, if that were the case. I know some people would like to receive a quest from Delina, and I imagine that BD-ers would appreciate a shot at a quest from Fyora, or the Space or Battle Faeries, or whichever faerie that gives out stats that they're in need of. I get that it's all supposed to be random~, but I feel like that undoes the whole point of what The Faeries' Ruin was about, like not much was learnt from Xandra. (And yes, I know that TNT didn't have to make this an event, but this just bothers me, heh. Also, I apologise if this was largely tangential! I just needed to get it out of my system.)

I hope TNT gets the message that nobody wants quests from Delina! I'm sure they've gotten TONS of complaints already - either she should ask for NP items, or just be a bonus. If they do this next year they had better reduce her to being a bonus only quest!

I'm the only one who will do her quests though, only if I have NC and she's making an item I want. Otherwise, forget it. I don't mind Delina and even this is ticking me off! I was furious about her last year and hated her, really, though, TNT. I like the character and personality of Delina and all, but she was just a BAD IDEA.

Delina: The nicest Dark Faerie in Neopia; and everybody hates her.

And equustel, I agree with you. Because this year we're not getting the faeries we want, I still am not getting Fyora or the Space Faerie no matter how many uber quests I decline, and many are desperate for the Fountain Faerie. I think TNT decreased our chances of getting rare faeries this year - but some of us just want at least one from all the faeries, minus Delina. TNT should have kept it the same as last year, or given us an extra week, or like you said, giving us, for a bonus, a choice.

I am disappointed by this event, but not as much as everyone else. I really wish I would get a Fountain or Faerie Queen quest because I've never gotten those before.

I'm glad that I've only gotten Delina once and I've gotten the much needed elemental faeries (except for air, surprisingly).

Two battle faerie quests were enough for me to be happy but I still envy those who have gotten multiple Fountain and Queen quests x_x . I don't really have any interests for pet colors right now until maybe Kougra Day, but I do want a faerie quest because she is just as good as the Battle Faerie, in that she gives many stats.

I do agree that the Crafting Faerie is a bit too much. They should make her quests optional, and by that I mean you can choose to accept or decline her quests and if you choose to decline, you get one of the normal faerie quests (just the elemental ones though because everyone will decline if you can get rarer faeries from it). They should take into consideration that not everyone wants (or can get) NC. It's either that of keep her as a Bonus Quest because a lot of people dislike her.

I've had two from Delina and I agree, it's just not cricket. They should keep Crafting Faerie quests as bonus only (had two of those as well O.o).

I <3 you for saying "it's just not cricket" one of my fav ever sayings ;)

I agree with someone else that said they should be an additional, side to the main questing event, like Lulu.

Though I may not have gotten Fyora, the Space Faeire, or the Fountain Faeire, I DID get the Batlte Faerie! I am so happy to got her for my last quest and not another Air Faerie.