Buying and discarding...

nika_p

I'm up to around 2500 item discarded, and still no avatar for me. I've discarded everything I'm willing to take out of my SDB, so I'll have to start buying junk now.

I haven't got a lot of items in my SDB. Even before I always discarded junk items (now I know that it was not such a good idea :D). The only thing that I haven't discarded were obsidians. I have 500 of them in my SDB. Otherwise I have to buy everything.

But be careful! A lot of people know now that players are buying junk. ALWAYS check prices! Maybe you think it's stupid advice but I was in a lot of shops today and in few I saw that people are selling junk items all for 1np, except on one they put different price on - example: all junk items are 1np, just right shoe is 99999np. And if you just click around in shop, you can lose quite a lot of neopoints.

Wow, that's a LOT of junk items. I haven't been doing mass discards, I just do the usual discarding of stuff I get from dailies. I figure I'm going to frustrate myself if I actually tried to get a random avatar. Goodness knows my luck with those. -____-;

i guess the janitor would be really happy about this.

and i;m just discarding the daily stuff, too, figure that a month from now i'll be able to get junk without competing with everyone :)

(should have gotten it during the glitch.. :P)

I've been doing them one at a time. I figure since it's a random event that could happen each time you discard, that the number of things you discard is irrelevant, so one at a time is a lot faster. I've been buying and discarding Serf Lenses, mainly, since they're almost always 1np, and they're hard to sell, so it's nice to get them out of people's shops for them.

I think I may be the unluckiest neopetter in the whole wide Neo, ever when it comes to random avatars, so I think I will just ignore for a bit, if it happens, it happens, but I definitely shan't hold my breath x_x

I got it a little bit ago. Think it was at about 5000 items but I started discarding the other day :P

Awww, congrats Saxen. Some people are just so lucky with random avatars ;) hehehe

I would agree with muppetelle - I'm also one of those who just can't get random avatars :D lol I'm still waiting for Imposter Apple or Discarded Plushie avatars (just two examples :D)