English, Old and New :)

muppetelle

Hi ya,

My name's Elle, I live in England, and I'm old... not reeeeeeeeeally old, but old enough to have a kid of my own! This doesn't stop me being a kid myself! I've been playing Neopets for 6 years, I mostly do dailies every day, don't play so many games anymore but love a plot.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all,

I've been inspired to join today as I got a Fountain Faerie quest and;

1) I'm all wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and have got no one to share the news with

2) I can't decide what to paint....

3) I was wondering if there is any avvie pets needed here that I could paint, to help the community.

So ummm yeah, that's everything...

Oh other than I'm a slorg-a-holic.

Elle :nerd:

There is no rule restricting on how old you have to be to play Neopets or join us at The Daily Neopets.

Also, you can call me Neomysterion, and I've been on Neopets since I was 10, and I never get tired of the site at all.

If you wanted to paint a Neopet in any colour using your FFQ, you should paint it Grey, Pink, or Snow (colours that can give people avatars). If you like, you can paint the pet in a hard-to-obtain or expensive colour like Chocolate, Jelly, Coconut (JubJub only), any Fruit/Vegetable colour, and anything that's not unobtainable via a FFQ (8-bit, Ice, Magma, MSP, Robot, Royal, Sponge, Quiguki and Usuki).

Hi :) Thanks for answering!

I have a grey pet on my main already, I will probably be painting to get an avatar I suppose, maybe orange grundo, not sure, or the island one.

I would love a zombie pet tho!

So excited to have a FFQ, my first one :)

Hi ya,

My name's Elle, I live in England, and I'm old... not reeeeeeeeeally old, but old enough to have a kid of my own! This doesn't stop me being a kid myself! I've been playing Neopets for 6 years, I mostly do dailies every day, don't play so many games anymore but love a plot.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all,

I've been inspired to join today as I got a Fountain Faerie quest and;

1) I'm all wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and have got no one to share the news with

2) I can't decide what to paint....

3) I was wondering if there is any avvie pets needed here that I could paint, to help the community.

So ummm yeah, that's everything...

Oh other than I'm a slorg-a-holic.

Elle :nerd:

I'l celebrate with you!

HUGGGGE congrats by the way, FFQs are ever so rare! I know practically everyone would do anything for it. xD

DO share with us your eventual decision! :)

Zombies are cute. :3

And there are lots of married people here! Kids... idek but married, yes. And someone who looks wayy to young to be married for years! (Watery black looks like she's 18-24 around there.)

SOOOOO, welcome, and do hope I see you aruond! :)

Wheeeeee celebratory hamsters rock!

I'm so excited, how funny, but you're right everyone wants a ffq, I couldn't believe it when I got it, just kept staring at the screen! I must be a bit neopets lucky at the moment, because a few months ago I got a magical pirate krawk plushie from the Shanty, which is how come my main pet Shayfluff is a Krawk!

I will have to research very hard to work out what to paint, I was lucky tho, the item she wanted was a graarl jacket (wearable) can't remember whole name which only cost me £22,000 so yay!

Very nice to meet you Sweetdang :party:

Welcome to the forums, muppetelle! I'm a very new member myself, but I just had to congratulation you on getting the FFQ! I have to admit that it was one of the reasons I wanted to join here because I got it too (also my first time) and had no one that played Neopets that I could share my news with. You are in good company. :)

Oh that's so cool that you joined for the same reason! I was just so excited, like hopping round my living room, and I could hardly tell my husband... He would think I was a bit ummm strange, or stranger! I used to post a lot in the TOPS Board on Neo, but those guys mostly aren't around when I am (time differences) so I never got to speak to them much, I still pop in there sometimes, especially if there's a plot!

Nice to meet you crazy_biscuit, by the way, what did you paint, or have you not used it yet? :)

I painted my Uni Maraquan. :wub_anim: I know that the kind of Neopoints that that would cost are out of my reach and I thought it looked so pretty! I had to think about it for quite a while though, but my Uni had never been painted so I knew I wanted to pick something fitting for her. Whatever you decide to go for, I am sure you will be thrilled with the result!

I understand what you mean about not wanting to tell your husband... after I'd used it I didn't have anyone to tell who would understand what a huge deal it was. I'm not someone who likes bragging about things, but I just wanted to be able to talk to other players that would get why it was so exciting and be able to participate when other people, like you, who are as excited as I was! <3

Also, it can be quite daunting joining a new forum that might have its own cliques, but it's so welcoming and friendly here!

Ooh it's so hard to choose, your pet looks beautiful!

I feel very welcome already, you guys rock <3

I will give it a few days to think about what I want to paint and why... and shall be looking up lots and lots of pets to decide!

My head tells me to paint to get an avvie, but my heart says just go for something I like!

Awww, Sweetdang, Quit it, you're making me blush!!! :* *hugs*

Anyway; Welcome Elle! Like Sweetdang said, we're not all kids here, there's people from all ages. And I totally understand the hubby thing. My hubby absolutely hates neo. Every time something happens to the computer he blames neo. :P And I never got a FFQ but I felt about the same when I finally broke down and bought a draik egg, (something that I wanted ever since I started Neo on 05) and hatched Gunnslinger. I was ready to jump through the roof, and I had no one to share it with. It was great to share that moment with everybody here. TDNF is just great like that. ^_^

So make yourself right at home! Also, you might want to take a look at the avatar lending program. I just got my first shiny new pet avvie yesterday and expecting another one on sunday! *yay*

Wahooooo I have a grey grundo that I will be happy to lend people, once I get to know everyone, I might put it on my side, to give room for my ffq pet!

My hubbie knows I'm a bit crazy when it comes to games and stuff like that, but that's why he's a good hubbie, cos he takes me for who I am!

Tis v nice to meet you Watery B, I'm going to go take a look at your Gunslinger now! :)

Mind you, it is gunnslinger with 2 nn. :P I WISH I could have had the correct spelling, that would have been epic :O

And nice to meet you too! About my hubby... Well, he is Italian. Very strongminded and stubborn. :P But he's a sweetheart nonetheless ♥

Gunnslinger says Thankee-sai! (Sorry, when it comes to him I'm very much stuck to his character. XD Did you ever read the Dark Tower books?)

Do you have the forgotten shore map? Maybe you'll get lucky there, and pick up an egg :D

Wheeeeee celebratory hamsters rock!

I'm so excited, how funny, but you're right everyone wants a ffq, I couldn't believe it when I got it, just kept staring at the screen! I must be a bit neopets lucky at the moment, because a few months ago I got a magical pirate krawk plushie from the Shanty, which is how come my main pet Shayfluff is a Krawk!

I will have to research very hard to work out what to paint, I was lucky tho, the item she wanted was a graarl jacket (wearable) can't remember whole name which only cost me £22,000 so yay!

Very nice to meet you Sweetdang :party:

Yes, yes they do. Omg you just made it 22,000 POUNDS. XD

I'd say go for something you really really want. Save the avvie for the second time, it'll happen one day. :P

Awww, Sweetdang, Quit it, you're making me blush!!! :* *hugs*

I speak only the truth. ;)

Watery - I do have the map! I got lucky and got a magical pirate krawk plushie, so that's how Shayfluff got to be how he is currently! He's been lots of things tho!

Do you know, I don't think I have read Dark Tower, although I have read lots of SK books, I'm really into Distopian fiction at the moment, can't get enough of it, scouring for those sort of books!

Sweetdang - how FUNNY I made it 22,000 pounds ahem, that wasn't what I meant, obviously! They don't call me muppet for nothing! I think you're right, I should use it for something I really want!

Hiya Elle!

I'm from England too - but down south (Gloucestershire) Pfft you don't look old at all :) Plus I'm pretty sure I'm going to be playing neopets into my 60s ;) hahah by then it'll probably all be 3D holographs or something.

Congrats on the FFQ! :D Oooooh coconut jubjubs are cute and avatar pets....orrrr you could paint a Chia Pea and get a SuAP lend ;)

Or of course just get the pet-paint job you've always wanted!

Aw my bad, I thought you got it from the krawken daily. :)

Anyway, if you ever happen to be in the mood for some SK, try a DT book. They are awesome! And if you don't believe me, ask Angelo. :D But beware, they are addicting :P Hmmm, did you by any chance ever read the Talisman or Black House? Those are awesome too and closely connected to the DT books. Maybe a little bit easier to read too.

by then it'll probably all be 3D holographs or something.

:O I wanna see that :D

Oh I think I'm confused, you're right I did get it from the fire, flee thing, it's my age... you know brain cells rotting ha ha! ;)

I'm 37 by the way :S I have a 6.5 year old son, he's a cutey :) He helps me customise my pets sometimes, chooses outfits for them (and then I wait till he's gone to bed and change them to something acceptable! :S )

I will put a DT book on my kindle, and have a read, but I have about 12 books on there at the mo, so it might be a while!

When I used to go on the boards, we had this lady called Granny_Elf (I don't suppose she was ACTUALLY called that, but it was her neo name ahem). She was, well a granny, and you know old, and she was still playing, and my mum has an account, but doesn't play anymore!

Nice to have a fellow Brit on here Lozzzzzzzer (too many Z's maybe, or too few!) ....

The Pea might be a go-er, that's a cute pet! :party: :woot: :party:

No, No, gosh I'm sooooooooo confusing aren't I! I do have the map, yes sirrreeeeee, but I got the plushie from the Krawken! But thank you, that was really sweet of you to offer :wub_anim:

Well, just for the record, Sweetdang looks very young too. You should see her pictures! :P

I see what you did there. ;)

I love distopian fiction! Have a read The Giver by lois lowry? It's a "child book", but certainly not with child themes!

Brave New World, is for older readers. That was really gooooood.

I haven't read The Giver, but I recognise that name - Lois Lowry, I wonder if I've read something else by her, I'll put that in my Kindle queue too! I've just finished reading Wither, The Chemical Garden, which isn't young adult fiction, but all the characters are young adults, I quite enjoy young adult fiction, it's fun to read!