Inapprorpiate Pet Names

Lady Kakata

It's been pointed out to me that my latest pet's name may be considered inappropriate. I've sent a ticket to TNT to see if it is o_O It was an accident but I understand (now) how some people may be worried about it. As a UK'er and Toxicology nut I didn't pick it up right away

What is everyone elses' take? Think TNT will take it away? Is there a guideline somewhere to inappropriate names apart from sexual and cursing ones?

I don't understand. Which one of your pets has the inappropriate name? My guess is that it's OK, since TNT hasn't rid you of the pet already. However, I don't know how they deal with such an unique issue. If it's not ALWAYS noticeable I suppose it could be let go, right?

I am never sure how and when TNT filters work...I often see things I think are inappropriate and they are allowed, then a harmless expression/phrase or comment is classed as punishable by death or freezing (which to me are both as bad) I often think they get up in the morning and over breakfast they decide..."Let's make Neopians lives miserable today"

I think that your new pet is adorable and see nothing wrong or offensive with the name......I just had a great idea.......Take the X away and gift the pet to TDN staff ( Sorry just a bad joke)

It's a toughie. To me I would look at 'Xanthrax' and anthrax wouldn't even really cross my mind but TNT are funny ones.

When Neopets wasn't blocked at school a couple of years ago me and my friends were bored after school and so we created two joke-y new accounts.

They were along the lines of 'sophialovesthomas' and the other was 'thomasgrovesisfit' or something like that. Anyhoo a coupla months ago we checked if they were still around and when we tried to log onto the first it was frozen but second was fine.

Weird.

I dont think you need to worry about it. Wait what they say but I don't see the harm in the word anthrax. I was pointed out that my uni's name could be considered inappropriate, (Phooca, ph would be pronounced like f, so sounds like ...... I had a very good laugh after they told me, I never even realized. XD ) but I haven't had any problems as of yet.

It's good that you mailed them to figure out what the deal is - hopefully you get a reply. Since it hasn't been removed yet, hopefully that is a big sign that it is kosher!

I made a pet years ago name Dhureon and it was removed hours later. Apparently 'hure' is a German curse word.

Oddly enough, I met a few other people who also had hure in their pets name, who also had their pet removed. We all submitted tickets and only a few of them got their pet returned - and the reason for it being returned: it was a "mistake" and shouldn't have happened in the first place. I never got my pet back, or my ticket(s) answered for that matter...

Wishing you the best of luck and you're making the right call by not customizing just yet. They totally delete everything and you don't get it back. -_-

They don't always remove the offending name within hours.

A friend of mine had his pet deleted and his account frozen due to an inappropriate name (pharmaceutical reference). His account and pet were SIX MONTHS old.

It's worth checking like you have. I personally wouldn't spend any money on painting a pet that could possibly be deleted in the future.