Habitarium

Sweetdang

Yes, yes it does.

By the way, you don't really have to buy one, you can just request one from the many people on here who really want to give resources away!

I myself have 17 storages of ranging 1,2 and 3 levels - add me and I'll gladly gift you a hospital! In fact my first one was from a fellow TDN member.

Welcome, by the way. :D

GUYS LEVEL 48~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :D :D :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you; and WOOPS! The Kougra just told me I could. I guess I hadn't allowed my resources to hit capacity to get the message!

/sheepish/ It WOULD happen right after I ask about it. Isn't that always the way? :D

I'd try leveling up your storage first, because I have a lot, and it bothers me how over crowded they are. ^^; Now I have an abundance of things which I delete (hospitals, storages, houses, ect), out of fear of being "locked out" (I never try to have more than two pages of items, but I need to buy them even if I don't need them!) So you can Neofriend me if you like; I'll give you plenty of things to place you at a good advantange. ^_^

Just started playing this and I've got a question. People have been mentioning getting locked out? What's that? Is it something that happens if you leave the game open too long or what? And it you DO get locked out...what does that mean? :shiftyeyes_anim:

Just started playing this and I've got a question. People have been mentioning getting locked out? What's that? Is it something that happens if you leave the game open too long or what? And it you DO get locked out...what does that mean? :shiftyeyes_anim:

It doesn't happen until later levels, so don't worry for now... but for the future, lockouts happen when your Habitarium gets stuck on the loading page and the dots circle just spins around and around for hours. There are two kinds: item bag lockouts and gem lockouts. Item bag happens when you have over a thousand items in your bag (including eggs), and gem lockouts happen if you don't collect the Level 50 purple gems before you refresh or click off the page.

You can sometimes fix it with this awesome method of opening a Habi on your side account and "merging the two accounts". Items from the original Habi will appear in the Item Bag or gems will pop up even if the side account is not Level 50. I had a gem lockout the first time I reached 50, and managed to merge mine with a new Habi, so it reset the whole thing back to one! Pretty neat. So anyway, try to prevent one, and you shouldn't have to worry, but if it somehow happens anyway, you'll probably be able to fix it if you keep trying. I think I spent about eight hours or so trying.

My main complaint is this issue of not being able to move the resource tiles and my particular map is quite messy. I was also annoyed you can't customize some aspects. For complete newbies I think its a great way to make money but all your np should be going to nurture your personal shop and slowly building a stock portfolio.

I found that the games were not a good investment of time for me mostly because for a long time my computer never played the games too well (I'm on a 7 yr old account, lol). My strategy ended up just browsing around random shops and I'd buy some item then just list it for 2000-4000 np higher than what I bought it for. My earnings are mostly dependent on how much time I want to invest into the process and sometimes people price things WAY lower than the item should be. This start of this process is slow at first but when you have a shop of 40 items or more the sales rates increase exponentially.

Milo, I've never really found sales to be a good source of income for me. I can't restock worth snot and I can't stand searching for random items for people under-pricing. I dunno, Habitarium so far doesn't seem too bad. I can pretty much leave it running in the background indefinitely and it'll get me SOME money. Apparently that's the best way for me since I suck at games, I suck at stocks and i just in general suck at the site XD

Habi is great for early newbie funding, don't get me wrong there. I even enjoy it a little once in a while.

Well, the key with stocks is just patience and same goes for a store. It doesn't really matter where you buy the items from or their price. You just buy when you have the points and list them all where you make some profit. At first all profits from the store should be re-invested back into the store, with a store the key is mostly cascading profits. I just need to take the time to actually list items. Then again I don't care too much about the pet aspects of the game so all of my points earned go into making more points. For what? I don't know. I've been wondering about the feasibility of micro malls that could be hooked onto a main store to help newbs get started. But I'm ignorant about malls, lol.

Milo, I've never really found sales to be a good source of income for me. I can't restock worth snot and I can't stand searching for random items for people under-pricing. I dunno, Habitarium so far doesn't seem too bad. I can pretty much leave it running in the background indefinitely and it'll get me SOME money. Apparently that's the best way for me since I suck at games, I suck at stocks and i just in general suck at the site XD

Yuki, I'm not big on restocking or stocks either. Many people aren't. I find it too time consuming. I'm so fortunate they released Habitarium - I'm making plenty of money just leaving it while I go to out or whatever. :) (The Purple Gems are worth 500NP each.) Just DON'T exit the screen when there are many purple gems, collect them. Also keep your items to a limit. You're supposed to keep decorated limited, too, to help. But I keep most of my decorations. It's very hard on my laptop which is the only problem. I used an add-on from Firefox to decrease the quality of my habi and that's helped speed it up a bit. I also have a fan heating my laptop. If you're on a normal computer and can monitor your p3s, you should be fine and be able to make a profit. :)

Stocks are not time consuming at all. I would know as this was how I made my np before habitarium was even an idea. I'd spend about 5 mins or less and then log back out. You buy 1000 every day for 15 np. When you log on you check to see if your stocks are above your target sell percent, which should be around 50-80% starting off. Its best to reinvest your neopoints until the stock portfolio is huge. I mostly ignore mine now until a stock hits some ridiculous percentage.

Restocking can be very time consuming though if you don't have any tools or general idea of what things trade for. I usually stock around 5-10 items everyday until my shop is full (which lately I haven't been able to keep it full). Its much less annoying if you space out the restocking.

I'm level 10 and I gave up. It was a pain the first time I did it, and no way I'm doing it again (except if I don't get my old account back). It never brought me so much NP anyway. I guess it was slower.

But I cheer for all of you guys. *cheers: go pinchits, go pinchits, go pinchits!* :)

I quite like Habi, but my computer is broken so I'm using an older one that doesn't run games (even flash ones) very well. I've just made level 10, but it's slow enough as it is so I'm not sure I even want to progress all the way to level 50. If I'm just reading or posting on here then it's okay in the background while I'm still using the computer, but I can't do anything taxing and I don't like leaving it running in case it overheats.

It probably sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm not really. It's a cute game that I play here and there when I have a chance to, and it's made me a few thousand NPs just from levelling up with minimal effort or time spent on it so it's worth it for that alone. Also, it probably helps that there is one really cool forum member here that sends me buildings - that helps out a lot! :woot:

I just reached level 50 yesterday! This is so exciting! And keep going Sweetdang! You're almost there! It literally took me almost two months to get this far XD I'm not sure how people make 100k a day with it though :3

Two questions:

If you leave for awhile and gems appear, will the gems go away by themselves if you don't collect them right away?

Also, I've heard of people blocking off the entrance of the storages. Why would you do that?

And I would love it if people added me as a friend so I can take some of your extra stuff! I'm only on level 15

Two questions:

If you leave for awhile and gems appear, will the gems go away by themselves if you don't collect them right away?

No, of course not. They remain their I think pretty much forever until you collect them. However, it is strongly advised to collect them before they start taking over your habitarium - too many people gems frequently create the "lock out" glitch, which causes you to be unable to play you habitarium - possibly due to an overload of data. (I mean, lots of little purple gems all over the place - slows the game greatly.) I've never had this glitch, and I usually keep my habi on for 4-5 hourish during the night before I let my computer sleep, WHen I wake up, there are plenty of gems and I haven't had too much of a problem.

Usually the "lock out" glitch happens if you exit habitarium then try to re-enter, so if you find yours overwhelmed with purple gems but you haven't exited the screen or anything, quickly collect as many as possible.

Also, I've heard of people blocking off the entrance of the storages. Why would you do that?

It services 2 purposes: (1) It makes the lag of Habitarium less harsh as your little P3S don't have to walk all the way over to the storages/houses. Them walking around eats up a lot of room on your computer. Even if you keep them away from your storages, it'll still get in - just they won't have to physically walk to them. I don't do it, but I really should. xD (2) Takes far less time for your p3s to gather resources as they don't have to physically walk to the storages, thus, a bit faster XP raise = more profit faster.

And I would love it if people added me as a friend so I can take some of your extra stuff! I'm only on level 15

You may add me if you like. I have so many extras now that I'm a level 50. I end up buying lots of hospitals, houses, nests and just chucking them so I my p3s can continue to collect. I have no use for them.

This is the first time I've had a habitarium, and I just hit level 40. I have a question... At one point I got a glitch where one nest in the corner had an egg in it, and instead of developing all the way, it remained tiny and I had to throw out the nest and build a new one. When I discarded the nest, the egg remained on the ground in the corner where the nest was. I discarded the egg, but now there's a faulty square where the egg was, I can't put anything there except p3's, and when I click on it, it shows the icon like there's something still there that can be discarded. Anyone know how this can be fixed? Thanks.