Pinterest?

Wembly

So does anyone here use pinterest? I'm loving it but I would love an account and I need an invite from someone or I will possibly be on the waiting list for possibly the next century. :sad02:

So for anyone not knowing what it is, it's kind of like a giant cork board you can 'pin' stuff on like recipes, craft ideas, or tons of other stuff. http://pinterest.com/

If you don't have an account either and are sitting on the waiting list, feel free to commiserate with me on the epic saddness of being left out of the awesomeness.

• 2 weeks later...

My mom uses it a lot to save cute crafty items she finds. She's really into making hair bows and such for babies. We'll see how long that lasts. ;)

I haven't actually tried it yet. I'd probably forget I had it. Although it does seem rather handy.

That site looks so awesome!! Cant believe I've never heard of it before :O

• 2 weeks later...

The trick is to sign under a more legit email. The site wouldn't take my yahoo email and I waited about 3 days. I tried with my google email and was setup in less than 2 hours.

LUCKY! I used a gmail address and waited over two weeks to be accepted :(

Really? It might have to do with the fact that I use the Google services regularly and that helps with their identity verification (maybe). Seems a major concern for the Pinterest folk is to keep out spammers, advertisers, and people who want to make multiple accounts and exploit their setup as their system is convenient for people working as affiliates. But yeah no problem at all once I tried my gmail and my husband got accepted in under an hour when I asked him to test it from work.