Hacked!

Rebeka

I just logged into my account and saw some items in my inventory that I certainly haven't put out of the SDB. Went to check my shop and it was full of items that I never put there - mostly my big collection of books.

I tried to remove these but the PIN was incorrect! Someone hacked into my account and changed email and PIN, but not the password. I send a ticket to TNT, but I'm really scared for my pets and I don't know what to do!

*cries*

Well, a good thing would be to change your password and then log out and log in again - that way they both won't know the new one and the cookie they have won't help them any more. I don't know about the pin, though, I am not sure if there's a way of changing it if you don't know the current one. Perhaps you can block it, as in, type a wrong one too many times so that it can't be used more until unblocked. Also,change the e-mail, you can use your pass for that.

Sending a ticket to TNT quickly is the best thing you can do. They are usually pretty quick to freeze accounts for your protection.

In the meantime, while you still have access to your account, start collecting the information you need to complete the Frozen Accounts form that you will need to use to get your account unfrozen again (Neofriends, items in your closet/equipped on your pets). Try to gather as much information as you possibly can for this form. The more you know about your account, the faster TNT will return it.

Also, try to think back through the past few days to see if you can figure out how someone gained access to your account. If you have any reason to think that someone may have accessed your email account to get your password, don't forget to change your email password and the passwords for other sites you visit (Facebook, your bank, Twitter, etc.) It also doesn't hurt anything to run a virus/malware scan, but may save you if you have a keylogger or other malicious software on your computer.

Unfortunately, TNT rarely returns items and neopoints lost, so you might not be able to do anything about your lost books. I hope your pets stay safe. Best wishes and hang in there!

That's so unfair... I'm glad for you that it wasn't your password they changed.

Hopefully TNT will take care of the PIN change for you and you can get control of you account back.

You should make sure they didn't send any item to themselves while they were on your account, I would check to see if you have any new or unfamiliar neofriends.

I hope everything works out for you...

Thank you. I did send a ticket so I hope TNT will be fast. I included quite some stuff so I really hope ..

That's what it's bugging me. The email I have I got through the internet service and I can only access it on my computer. So I have no idea. I'm not even on Facebook/Twitter or anything.

I don't care about neopoints, only about my pets. It would kill me if I saw my IinDigoo or Xelynae (Choco Draik) get transferred.

Edit: My heart is broken. Xelynae was transferred and it won't take long until my Maraquan JubJub will be gone ..

Oh no!!! I'm so sad for you!! I don't know what I would do of that happened to me... I feel like changing my password every week now. I hope everything works out okay in the end :-(

Account is disabled. Although I'm so so sad, I'm happy that that person can not take advantages of my account anymore.

I also reported the person that adopted Xelynae and she is also frozen. Although she claimed that she found him in the pound, but really .. someone who hacks the account and is so desperate for the two mil. I had in the bank doesn't just abandon a Chocolate Draik.

And for now on, I'll just continue on my side. Good thing I created one 3 months ago .. at least I have a FFQ on it. A ray of sunshine :)

Account is disabled. Although I'm so so sad, I'm happy that that person can not take advantages of my account anymore.

I also reported the person that adopted Xelynae and she is also frozen. Although she claimed that she found him in the pound, but really .. someone who hacks the account and is so desperate for the two mil. I had in the bank doesn't just abandon a Chocolate Draik.

And for now on, I'll just continue on my side. Good thing I created one 3 months ago .. at least I have a FFQ on it. A ray of sunshine :)

Something positive out of a negative. Hold on to that FFQ until you can get your dream pet species back, then paint him/her your dream color!

I'm sorry for your old account, but I've noticed younger accounts have better random events so go on a luck/chance crazy clicking spree while re-building your new account. :)

Yeah. It just annoys me, I had sooo many items.

Most of all I miss my IinDigoo. He was my first pet and I used my first FFQ to paint him Maraquan (he's a JubJub). I read him the most books and he was the only one getting trained (slowly) :(

Well actually I don't think I'll use my side. My sister also used to play Neopets, and since she's too old and too busy she gave it to me. It has two of my pets that I gave to her, because I didn't have space on my main so I have two dreamies already :) It also has the Laboratory so I'll save up some money ..

D: NO!!!! Gahhh I wanna swear so much right now!! I cant believe it :( I'm so so sorry honey, I really hope you can get your lovelies back!

**huggles**

If you need ANYTHING just gimme a mail xxxxxxx

@ April: as it seems I caught the hacker in the middle of transferring stuff to my shop and selling them. So other than selling a couple of hundred books and then putting that money into my bank account they weren't able to do anything else. The account was then frozen within 15 minutes.

Thank you Saxen, you're a sweetie pie! *hugs* All I need rght now is the will to go on and not quit. Which has been on my mind a lot today ..

You people here on TDNF are amazing! Thank you :)

I'm not surprised you feel that way, I'd probably quit if I lost my main account to a hacker :( At least TNT are returning stolen pets now! Hopefully you'll be able to get them back again ^^

In response to the person with your Choco Draik - I have heard of high painted pets/UCs being pounded when an account's hacked, but then again she could have easily purchased it offsite. When you get your account back (which I'm sure you will, even if it takes a while) you should find a way of checking your transfers to see if that's true - if it is some poor girl got lucky then lost her account :(

Sent you some stuffs, feel free to sell them or whatever you want ^_^

I'm not surprised you feel that way, I'd probably quit if I lost my main account to a hacker :( At least TNT are returning stolen pets now! Hopefully you'll be able to get them back again ^^

In response to the person with your Choco Draik - I have heard of high painted pets/UCs being pounded when an account's hacked, but then again she could have easily purchased it offsite. When you get your account back (which I'm sure you will, even if it takes a while) you should find a way of checking your transfers to see if that's true - if it is some poor girl got lucky then lost her account :(

Sent you some stuffs, feel free to sell them or whatever you want ^_^

Well I reported that girl to TNT, and I wrote that I suspect she transferred the pet from my hacked account. And I guess she did, otherwise TNT wouldn't just froze her, right? Besides, the account was 41 months old, NO avatars/stamps/collectables, NO games played, NO shop, NO gallery or anything & ony one poor, hungry un-customized pet. So it was suspicious to me..

Thank you, you are a sunshine in the storm :) *hugs*

Edit: Already gained a trophy and a medal :) But avatars are going to be the pain in the .

Hmmm yes that does sound rather suspect :/ Sounds like a shell account to me! TNT probably froze her just for being involved and because she looks suspect. They may not have properly looked into it yet since it usually takes a while for these things to be investigated and resolved :(

No problem ^_^ If I remember to sort my Habi out at any point soon I'll send you some crap :)

Yay that's really good! I have a few of the cheaper items for avvies *sends* :D

Don't give up hope just yet!

Someone on a community I'm in just had their stolen pet and stolen Neopoints returned to them from TNT. They even reimbursed her the money she was out as the scammer also took her stocks.

The absolute best thing you can do is prove it is your account. As many others have said, the more you know, the faster it will be returned and the more likely your account will be restored back to normal!!

I'm not sure. Same thing happened to my friend, but they only gave him one transferred pet back. I sure hope so. IinDigoo (Maraquan JubJub) wasn't transferred yet, I think. After I submitted the ticket that I've been hacked, TNT responsed quickly and froze the account so no harm could be done anymore.

I haven't got any anwsers yet, but I know these thing can take awhile.

& thank you!

Edit: Thank you, hrtbrk & lozzerrr! I'm just not sure what to do now. I've send a ticket and I included as many information I remembered at the time. Should I send another ticket for the return of my account or should I wait?

Edited by Mrs. B