Trolls ¬_¬

Saxen

swsmqs.png

Seriously, WHAT is Neopets coming to? I was absolutely stunned at this on the boards a few minutes ago!

What I want to know is what is your opinion on trolls and this sort of behaviour, and what should TNT be doing about it?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘The Debate Chat’ to ‘Neopets Debate’.

REPORT. But before that, you should warn them "NO!!!!!!!!!" (the poor victim)

Everyone did XD Luckily the person was an oldish player and just needed the link - but apparently this happened on the boards the other day and someone fed their pet a Draik Egg o_O

lol XD that's pretty terrible. I'd hold off on the report button, though - maybe they honestly think that. o_O'

Nope. As the board went on she admitted she was just a troll and it was a lark. LOOVELY person ¬_¬

why i only go on the quest help and NC board :P (and NC only because i need to trade..)

and i can't believe someone fed it to their pet.. NOOO!!!

personally i'm always reluctant to report, because i'm scared TNT will freeze me.

I just saw that board, but that post had been deleted. How mean of someone to say that. It doesn't matter if they were joking or not. What a waste of a wonderful UC faerie ruki.

I honestly don't mind trolls at all who just go around acting silly. But, people who hurt others and give out false information like that I absolutely can't stand. Really mean to do.

Trolls are everywhere. They are a part of online life, unfortunately. They just enjoy the power they get from being able to hide behind a computer screen and bullying others in that manner. Am I evil that I thought it was *sort of* funny? I mean, don't get me wrong, I would have warned the person too, but still, the attempt is just so...evil. Devilish.

Lol, I troll sometimes. But when I do, I usually don't make people lose 2+mil items. I usually just get a warning and Cubefish. I do have to give that troll a small moment of applause. They did have a great quick way of ruining someones day.

well that person wasn't smart to post she got one first of all and second of all to be 78 months she should know better. you will always get jerks but if you listen to the first thing people tell you, i'd say its your fault for not searching around

also who said they were trolling? they are 6 months, they might think they are right.

why i only go on the quest help and NC board :P (and NC only because i need to trade..)

and i can't believe someone fed it to their pet.. NOOO!!!

personally i'm always reluctant to report, because i'm scared TNT will freeze me.

That sure is one expensive gormet food point. xD

The OP is 78 months

The troll is 6 months

I think the OP should know better than do that (unless they were , like , on a 7 yr hiatus or smthg)

You have no idea how much stupid people troll my MSPP boards .. I simply ignore them .. but sometimes I also report them

Saxen, did that trollish person get banned or warned in any way do you know?

and a very expensive gourmet food point indeed. wish they weren't. i feel sorry for that person

lucky this one is an older player and knew better.

Saxen, did that trollish person get banned or warned in any way do you know?

and a very expensive gourmet food point indeed. wish they weren't. i feel sorry for that person

lucky this one is an older player and knew better.

The person must have been reported as Zorse says the post was deleted (I wasn't that observant :P), I hope they got a good warning! To be honest they should be silenced permanantly for something like that; it's purposefully trying to ruin the game for other players for their own entertainment.

I feel sorry for them, too :( I'm glad this person knew better as well - would have been truly awful for it to happen twice in as many days! D:

Hmm, I don't see it much of a big deal, after all, the OP is a veteran, so they would never fall for such things.

And call me crazy, but I find the "troll"'s post rather humorous.

You're crazy. What that person did was dispicable. If someone I knew on Neo did that even for a joke I'd never speak to them again. Even though she was a veteran player that doesn't make it okay.

Oh god that's really horrible......and I guess I am too because I giggled a teensy-eensy-ittle-little bit (yes i am a terrible terrible person)

Seriously though that kind of trolling's pretty mean specially as a more naive person might (and did, apparently) fall for it.

I have no respect for people like that. Especially considering how many young kids play and would be vulnerable to a trick like that. I think TNT should have a policy against that, but I admit it would be hard to enforce or define what would exactly be considered "trolling".

I completely agree. :yes:

It's moreso up to the players reporting; TNT are terrible at monitering the boards. Something does need to be done but it's, yeah.. Difficult :/

I think if there were specific rules against 'trolling' even more people would get warnings/silenced/frozen. Now this'd be good in a case like the one you've posted but, like all the other rules, there'd be innocent people who'd get punished because of them.

Nowadays all you have to do is sneeze and TNT'll warn you *rolls eyes*

The other week I got a warning because I said 'drunk' in a neomail, referring (ok, incorrectly referring) to the past tense of 'to drink' not to alcohol.

I just think if there was another rule people'd get hauled over the coals for no reason.

You're crazy. What that person did was dispicable. If someone I knew on Neo did that even for a joke I'd never speak to them again. Even though she was a veteran player that doesn't make it okay.

It may of been despicable because she's giving off a false information, despite doing it jokingly, but I'm sure that the majority of us are used to people like her.

It may of been despicable because she's giving off a false information, despite doing it jokingly, but I'm sure that the majority of us are used to people like her.

Yes, possibly, but there are still naive players out there who think that everyone on Neopets is bound to be helpful and nice - hence why that actually happened to someone on the boards recently. Just because some people might be used to it, that doesn't make it excusable in any way. Try to empathise - imagine if someone conned you into wasting a 5million np item for a joke.

To everyone saying an older user should know better, that's not really true. O.O

I've been playing for seven years and would have probably fallen for that. I NEVER go on the boards. Just because you're an old user doesn't mean you don't fall for tricks or know everything about Neopets.

On that note, I probably would have come to TDN if I was confused. Luckily, I do know how to hatch a Draik egg. I just have no desire to have one. XD

That... is absolutely a terrible, despicable thing to do. Normally trolls are just annoying and mean, which is, like, whatever. People should be able to tell they are trolls and ignore them.

A scheme like this actually causes damage to digital property that probably took months or more to get.

And just because someone has an old account or has been playing for a while doesn't mean they would necessarily know. There are plenty of things I don't know, and I've been playing for years... -___-;