Anybody else thinks TNT has become extremely unfair?

NeoQueen520

I can't say they have been unfair to me. One time, I posted a religious topic, forgetting it was against the rules. (This was when I was much younger.) I only received a warning, nothing else. I've been on there for over 10 years now and I have never been frozen. I can't comprehend how people claim they easily get frozen, perhaps I've merely been lucky? I don't know. The only thing which ever bothered me (but I kind of understand) is how when my cousin managed to get onto my old account, Raynas392, by remaking an old hotmail account which had a never-updated password stored from "lost password". They don't restore items. I understand WHY, because usually if you get scammed you tried to do something illegal yourself. But in my case, is was just an over sight. I wasn't aware hotmail restored emails after deleting an account, or that my cousin would be smart enough to get it that way. This is why you SHOULD ALWAYS update your password!

I don't know what's wrong with the number 420 o_O. Maybe it had something to do with the rest of the name?

I do think they're very quick to jump the gun and silence people though. I've seen someone on the KQ board get silenced for harassment when they made a quitter board, except they didn't mention a user name (or imply in any way who it could be). So I don't know...

I once got silenced because I posted on a spam board and said something along the lines of "Someone needs to get a life" >_> (But the OP was a very obvious troll, so I should have known better than to have posted anything at all).

I didn't know that 420 referred to drugs. Maybe I'm naive, but I can't imagine 420 being a terribly obvious reference to drugs. It seems like a somewhat obscure interpretation (once again, this is only based on the fact that neither me or my group of friends would have gotten the reference).

But then how come there's a pet with the name "420" which wasn't banned? I don't think the problem with TNT is that they're overly strict, I think they're just not fair. I've seen things on the board disappear which didn't have anything wrong with them (to my eyes), while other boards, wich were clearly spam/offensive/swear words/etc stay up for relatively long periods of time.

I'm not so sure about overly strict, I mean the site is meant to be kid friendly, but I do think they're unfair. Once I stumbled along an account entirely dedicated to "420" which included their username, pet names, references, and they even sold all items in their shop for 420 neopoints lol. I do wonder if they're still around, it wasn't a new account. So they definitely shouldn't have frozen account for that. Did they tell you that was the reason why in the frozen message?

I think it has gotten much worse recently though. Yesterday there was a user on a board who came in and tried to scam right on the board and did nothing but harass and call names and TNT did nothing about that, which seems to happen a lot. Yet many times someone can say something completely harmless, TNT takes it the wrong way, and they get silenced over it. ._.

Older accounts with rude, etc names, created before certain polices, were "grandfathered" - that is, as the policy didn't exist at the time of creation, TNT decided to be nice and let them slip under the radar. If it's 10+ years old, I'd say it's been grandfathered.

I agree with you. I didn't knew that 420 was related to drugs... It isn't really evident. Me too I have an account that was frozen for strange reason. It was a long time since the last time I played, so they froze it. They didn't froze my side account. I had nothing on my side account... I can't see the logic...

TNT can be a bit harsh sometimes, but I think it's the people who play who take the biscuit. I posted on a board the other day where the person was saying the world is going to end in 2012; I made a joke that I'm most upset that the end of the world means the end of Neopets, someone was like "don't you think that's innapropriate? Some 'report happy' person might take that the wrong way". Next thing I know I have a warning and my posts were deleted - but not the board with EVERYONE else talking about the same thing. TNT need to work their report system out methinks :/ Maybe that's what happened with you, someone reported??

I didn't know that that could happen. Its really unfair. Just because they're old......

It's not really because they're old, per se. Say you made a pet way back in Y1 called Fluffykawaiidesu420 (or something). You spend x years training, painting and generally improving that pet, then new rules come in. Rules that didn't exist when you made the pet. What are TNT going to do? So they were nice, had some compassion and let them be.

To say it's not fair is like saying it's not fair people who participated in faerie's ruin got the chance to get free faerie paint brushes - that everyone should be allowed to get free faerie paint brushes, even if they signed up years after the plot. It doesn't work like that. I'm sorry to say so bluntly, but get over it.

The 420 thing came from a meeting time of a group of kids who used to meet up to do...illegal things (I know TNT doesn't like this topic so I don't want to go in too much in to it since I'm not sure how TDN feels about it :P), but basically it stands for 4:20pm (April is right too, it then became a day to do drugs and support the legalisation of drugs likes cannabis).

And I agree with the problem that TNT is unfair more than over the top. I mean it's a kids site, they've got to be pretty careful so I understand why they can clamp down on some things that are perhaps a little extreme...like the number 420 :P But I think they need a better system, like to just not allow those pets to be created, rather than allowing it, letting their owners build up their account and then BAM frozen. Same with the boards (I don't even bother going on them) but I think it needs to be equal, if one post gets deleted for saying something, then all of them should be, although I'm guessing that requires a lot of effort on their part :( And to be honest I think that's a perfectly reasonable post Saxen :P

The account I was talking about most definitely wasn't old enough to be grandfathered, or even close to that age, which is why I brought it up. I was very surprised of it's age with the content the lookup and shop and all. I agree with Saxen, I think they need to work on their report system.