Potential Art Gallery Entry

GlitteryCupcake

Hey all! So, I've never entered anything into the art gallery before, but I decided I'd try to make something for Sloth Appreciation Day. My overall artistic style is pretty different from most of the Neopets-related art I see, so I thought I'd find out what you guys think. Since Dr. Sloth is an evil ruler/dictator type, I went for a retro propaganda poster feel. I'm afraid it's a little...much for Neopets. I'm not sure...

Y8Rry.jpg

Don't be afraid to turn it in for Sloth Appreciation Day, it looks pretty well done and really demanding in my opinion. :cool:

Looking at this really makes me want to bow down to Dr, Sloth, it's pretty good when it comes to maintaining the propaganda poster style. (must bow down to Dr. Sloth)

Don't be afraid to turn it in for Sloth Appreciation Day, it looks pretty well done and really demanding in my opinion. :cool:

Looking at this really makes me want to bow down to Dr, Sloth, it's pretty good when it comes to maintaining the propaganda poster style. (must bow down to Dr. Sloth)

Well thank you! I don't think I could have hoped for a better reaction than someone wanting to bow down, hahaha.

Overall I think the poster looks really cool, eye-catching and gets your message across well. The only thing I'd be worried about is that it looks too graphic design/photoshop-ish. I mean obviously it should because it's a poster, but I've never really seen something like that in the art gallery. Everything I see in there is drawn. But you never know they may decide to put up something different so you should still try to submit it! I've just noticed that they tend to lean toward a certain style of artwork. When I used to enter the AG, I had to try for a long time and experiment wiht styles before I found one they liked, and then after that I constantly got in. And the style they liked definitely wasn't my best work, but it looks a lot like artwork on the site =/

Overall I think the poster looks really cool, eye-catching and gets your message across well. The only thing I'd be worried about is that it looks too graphic design/photoshop-ish. I mean obviously it should because it's a poster, but I've never really seen something like that in the art gallery. Everything I see in there is drawn. But you never know they may decide to put up something different so you should still try to submit it! I've just noticed that they tend to lean toward a certain style of artwork. When I used to enter the AG, I had to try for a long time and experiment wiht styles before I found one they liked, and then after that I constantly got in. And the style they liked definitely wasn't my best work, but it looks a lot like artwork on the site =/

Thanks! I'll definitely try submitting it (can't hurt), but I do think you're right about it being too graphic design/photoshop-ish. It's interesting to hear that you had to try several different styles, and when you did get accepted, you didn't even think it was your best work! I guess I'm not expecting to get in with this one, but that's okay. I still like it, and at the moment, that's more important to me. ;)

I really like your style. It fits the evilness of dr.sloth.

However, dr sloth gradient color is too dark from his head, and it mixed up with the background too much. I will use the lighter color so i can differentiate which is which.

Good luck with the submission! i am cheering for you :)

Yea the most important thing is to keep trying and improve along the way. Getting accepted is about pleasing the jurors but the process should always be pleasing to yourself! If you do get in, grats, it's not an easy accomplishment =). If not, keep trying and I'm sure you will.

I really like your style. It fits the evilness of dr.sloth.

However, dr sloth gradient color is too dark from his head, and it mixed up with the background too much. I will use the lighter color so i can differentiate which is which.

Good luck with the submission! i am cheering for you :)

Aw thank you! I appreciate specific, technical advice like that. I'll definitely take your suggestions into consideration.

Yea the most important thing is to keep trying and improve along the way. Getting accepted is about pleasing the jurors but the process should always be pleasing to yourself! If you do get in, grats, it's not an easy accomplishment =). If not, keep trying and I'm sure you will.

So much motivation and encouragement around here. I love it! Thank you. :)

I wish I could create something like that, very awesome indeed :)

I really hope you get in!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey congrats for getting the the AG! That's super awesome you got in on your first try and with something so alternative-looking. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it in the AG today.

Yeeyyy!!!! Just saw you in the AG! Congratulations hun :D Knew you could do it!

Hey congrats for getting the the AG! That's super awesome you got in on your first try and with something so alternative-looking. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it in the AG today.

Thank you! I'm totally surprised - was not expecting it at all!

Yeeyyy!!!! Just saw you in the AG! Congratulations hun :D Knew you could do it!

Thank you! I really appreciate everyone encouraging me to submit it!