Taking a few art requests!

linsta

No! What are you talking about I love it!!!

When you open your requests again, canI please be first in line to ask for something like this??? :D :D :D I LOVE rough lines and enviromental colours and whatever it's BEAUTIFUL. <3

Aww, sure since I like you :P. My reading week is in a week or two. Hopefully I can catch up in school by then and I"ll draw tons!

I was thinking maybe what I can do though, is I can churn out some sketches of everyone's pets, while working on each one slowly. I kind of strayed from my goal of mastering lineless-painting since I got so caught up in winning the AG, that I lost sight of what's important. I was just concerned about winning trophies, and I feel that I forgot my original goal. So I am going to try to focus on these requests and work towards improving my painting technique.

That will probably be slow though.. since I'm doing this to learn and improve and I can't really rush that, maybe I will take breaks in between to do sketches so I can take more requests? That way maybe not everyone will get a full piece, but I will be able to do more in general...

What do you guys think about that?

Edit: I just realized I totally forgot to add shadows to this *facepalm* but it's too late and I need to get ready for bed soon. I have to cover 6x8 ft of painting by Monday, and I totally haven't even started or have any clue waht to do xD

(And by the way, I like SAI too. I have no idea what program that is, but "sai" is an important word in the Dark Tower world, so very fitting! :P )

edit2: I'm wondering; did you read the books? Looks like you integrated something else that was very importand in the story but that I didn't name anywhere, namely the so-called "path of the beam". let me explain real quick, for the people that did not read it. The world according to the DT books is held together by 6 beams. There is one center point where they all cross, and that is where the dark tower stands. The beams are some sort of magnetic "forcelines" (i really dont know how else to explain it) and everything close to the beams follows them. So clouds flow with the path of the beam, plants grow in that direction, and even shadows fall according to the beams. You did not only put the path of the beam in, (the path of roses) but you also made the clouds flow alongside it. So please, do not change the clouds! They are perfect the way they are!

Oh yeah, SAI is a painting program that I use.. it blends colours really easily so I can paint stuff like this pretty effortlessly. It was mostly doing the actual sketch of the draik that took me a while because I am bad with anatomy and angles.

And no, I have never even heard of the books before this xD. I just added those "beams" in as wind, and dust/sparkles carried on the wind... Plus i like to make thigns look sparkly and magical. The clouds ended up like that because I thought it would be appropriate to have these big pre-storm clouds rolling in, but I also wanted the sun shining along the horizon behind the tower... so the clouds had to create a gap in between them xD

But look at all the messy lines!! ==sketch! If this is a final product I could just do tons of these as requests. It will take me no time xD. Maybe I should start doing that... but somehow I will feel slightly uneasy about not providing a finished painting...

Idk.. would people rather get less refined pictures sooner or wait for something more finished? I mean it probably wouldn't be THIS rough, I'd have to fix up the lines so they're neater... and i didn't actually colour the main character... just used environment colours to get a feel for how I should colour it. It's hard to colour on a white bg and add in background after. It just doesn't mesh.

Edit: @Watery black: sure, I don't mind you saving it! Do you want the full version? This is scaled down quite a bit.

That would be awesome. :D Do you have it online somewhere or do you want to mail it? my neo webmail is [email protected]

And just so you know, You made me a very happy and excited girl today :D

q

Aww, sure since I like you :P. My reading week is in a week or two. Hopefully I can catch up in school by then and I"ll draw tons!

I was thinking maybe what I can do though, is I can churn out some sketches of everyone's pets, while working on each one slowly. I kind of strayed from my goal of mastering lineless-painting since I got so caught up in winning the AG, that I lost sight of what's important. I was just concerned about winning trophies, and I feel that I forgot my original goal. So I am going to try to focus on these requests and work towards improving my painting technique.

That will probably be slow though.. since I'm doing this to learn and improve and I can't really rush that, maybe I will take breaks in between to do sketches so I can take more requests? That way maybe not everyone will get a full piece, but I will be able to do more in general...

What do you guys think about that?

Edit: I just realized I totally forgot to add shadows to this *facepalm* but it's too late and I need to get ready for bed soon. I have to cover 6x8 ft of painting by Monday, and I totally haven't even started or have any clue waht to do xD

Ooooh, that would be great too! As I said before, I love seeing all the different stages, and how your image comes to life. And that way different people get to see sneak peeks and be as happy as I am now. :D

now THAT's what I call a gunnslinger !!

oh and yes my heart skipped a beat when I saw it ... it's great as it is ... the final version is going to be a wonder !

Watery Black .. remember all things serve the beam and Ka is a wheel ...even if she didnt know about it ... it is inside somewhere . in her subconscious .. maybe Roland visited her and told his story .. then hypnotized her to forget it ;)

Wow. Just wow. That's so beautiful. What an incredible talent you have <3

Thank you ^.^;;

OOO could I make a request when the Requests are open again??

Yep, of course! Just a heads up, it will probably happen sometime in 2 or 3 weeks, since my break is in 2 weeks :)

Too bad we only get a 1 week break D=

now THAT's what I call a gunnslinger !!

oh and yes my heart skipped a beat when I saw it ... it's great as it is ... the final version is going to be a wonder !

Watery Black .. remember all things serve the beam and Ka is a wheel ...even if she didnt know about it ... it is inside somewhere . in her subconscious .. maybe Roland visited her and told his story .. then hypnotized her to forget it ;)

XD

That was exactly what I was imagining!

Thank you ^.^;;

Yep, of course! Just a heads up, it will probably happen sometime in 2 or 3 weeks, since my break is in 2 weeks :)

Too bad we only get a 1 week break D=

XD That's more than okay, I'm working a full-time job in a city quite a distance from myself so I understand what it's like to have no time >_<

I would like to request any of my girls or boy! Can I send you a PM with the details?

XD That's more than okay, I'm working a full-time job in a city quite a distance from myself so I understand what it's like to have no time >_<

I would like to request any of my girls or boy! Can I send you a PM with the details?

Actually I'd prefer if you just wait until I open them up again, just so I don't have a growing list. I will remember you though, so don't worry :)

photo-thumb-25660.jpgDo you think you could draw a darigan draik with these types of clothes?

Firstly, note that when you copy the photo from the small little thing on the side, it's very small, and thus unclear. If linsta (detail goddess! :P ) is going to draw it, a bigger image might be nicer. :) To get it, go to your pet page, then copy the img URL of the pet you want. (I can't find that draik, so I'll just use one of your pets) paste it to another URL thingy, then change the 2, to a 4.

Lemme show you:

http://pets.neopets....ddvqk37/1/2.png

Then you change the two:

http://pets.neopets.com/cp/oddvqk37/1/2.png

To a four:

http://pets.neopets.com/cp/oddvqk37/1/4.png

So instead of this:

2.png

You get this:

4.png

EDIT: RIGHT. You know how to do it. Sorry! :(

Secondly, she's not taking requests now. Unfortunately. :/

Firstly, note that when you copy the photo from the small little thing on the side, it's very small, and thus unclear. If linsta (detail goddess! :P ) is going to draw it, a bigger image might be nicer. :) To get it, go to your pet page, then copy the img URL of the pet you want. (I can't find that draik, so I'll just use one of your pets) paste it to another URL thingy, then change the 2, to a 4.

Lemme show you:

http://pets.neopets....ddvqk37/1/2.png

Then you change the two:

http://pets.neopets.com/cp/oddvqk37/1/2.png

To a four:

http://pets.neopets.com/cp/oddvqk37/1/4.png

So instead of this:

2.png

You get this:

4.png

EDIT: RIGHT. You know how to do it. Sorry! :(

Secondly, she's not taking requests now. Unfortunately. :/

Ok thanks! :P

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Quotes do not contribute to the word count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.