Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Quote from the FAQ section of the T&C:

Q. I was unjustly frozen. Do you think your freezing programs might be imperfect?

A. Contrary to urban myth, we do not use automated programs to freeze users. Though we have numerous programs that monitor the site and the game play, live monitors make the final decision as to what punishment, if any, is appropriate.

That's what they said....

They do use a bot to respond to emails. But the freezing itself is not done by bots, perhaps irrate mods tho :P

This is probably because they receive a lot more emails than they freeze accounts (or so you'd hope :P)

Yes it is because otherwise all my account wouldnt have gotten frozen at once. I did not cheat and have not cheat. Your just oblivious to TNT. They use bots to freeze accounts

I'm not saying they don't make mistakes...I have seen many friends become unfrozen after emailing TnT and getting their accounts back because of unfair freezings.

I also thought they used bots, but I don't know anymore. I just hope that I am not unfairly frozen like so many other people (including Dillon). They may or may not use bots, but I can certainly see people frozen by angry mods having a bad day...

They must be using bots to check for cheating at games, restocking, etc. etc. And these checks will filter out suspicious-looking accounts that will alert the mods. I think the mods should then look into the accounts in question and make their final decision based on data they have seen...I believe this because if they have explicitly stated they do not use bots to finalize the freezing on their terms and conditions, they will run into legal issues.

My goodness I can't believe I'm defending TnT for being less lazy. xD Usually I'm the one bashing them.

I believe you are wrong as said many people unfairly frozen do not get there accounts back and never play neo again. Mikey's account was unjustly frozen he never got his back.

You can believe what you want and I will believe what I want. :) I also know a bunch of people that are NOT getting their accounts back (probably more in this category than being unfrozen).

If they were frozen for a bot, it would be easy for a human being to spot a mistake in an automatic freezing and thus unfreeze an account. My last two cents.

So...wasn't this topic supposed to not be about neopets? (From the caption :P)

Either bots or a mod in a hurry to get out of the office for lunch break. :P

They ought to hire more monitors I think.

I'd hope people with 5 billion neopoints wouldn't get frozen solely on their wealth xD I'm pretty sure some of the richest accounts have hit a net worth of several billion at least.

Definitely yes billions. :) Featheralley has a ton of one-of-a-kind items in her gallery. Also check galleries of munsterpoo, dragon5.

Some items themselves will sell for 300 million + each. Just grab a few of those :P

At the moment I'm broke due to heavy Stock Market investment (that takes a long time to reap profits) and Christmas shopping. I'm a long way away from the billions...

Hehe I'm also ages away from billions. :P I keep losing/spending more np than I make mainly because I can't usually make np during school times :(

Did I offend you in some way? If that's the case I apologise for it. I didn't mean for any of my statements to be overly offensive towards anybody on this board.