Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Nah Loocem, i don't think thats it.

The past 3 years (well the year and an quarter) which I've been here, Its been perfectly fine.

Though Now it gets frozen. My bet is that someone reported it for

-The scavenger hunt/KE (because they couldn't finish)

-The donations message on TDN main page.

Freezing for donations and such has been a relatively recent phenomenon though. And you were getting substantial donations. :S

I hope that if you guys do make another one to remember that TnT can also chain ice, and might not be as nice on the second attempt. Not to rain on your parade or anything, but the danger is there.

So all that money that everyone generously donated has gone poof just like that? Grrr, let's hope we can unfreeze TDN_Donations!

I think TNT thinks that were inpersonating as TNT since it has a TDN and stuff making people buy the person items and stuff so i guess they think it illgeal I mean it'nt that fair TT^TT OR they punish because were "advertising" another website OR they just hate us -.-

Actually, donations shops are not allowed (even for guilds)...here is the editorial question and answer confirming that:

So yeah, sorry if this question's been asked/answered already buuuut... is a guild leader allowed to invest the guild funds/donations to try to increase them? *hides rocks behind back* ~mddg123

Hrm, we thought about it and we're gonna have to go with "no" here for now. We think there may be too much grey area with who the returns will belong to. Do they go to the guild leader, since he/she was the one who invested and made the NP? Or do they belong to the guild, whose NP funded the investments? There's a bit too much wiggle room for conflicts about the funds to arise.

that it? There might be a chance the store will be unfrozen XD

So yeah, sorry if this question's been asked/answered already buuuut... is a guild leader allowed to invest the guild funds/donations to try to increase them? *hides rocks behind back* ~mddg123

Hrm, we thought about it and we're gonna have to go with "no" here for now. We think there may be too much grey area with who the returns will belong to. Do they go to the guild leader, since he/she was the one who invested and made the NP? Or do they belong to the guild, whose NP funded the investments? There's a bit too much wiggle room for conflicts about the funds to arise.

This means that it can't be invested in stocks, but you can still have a donations shop. The little problem though, is that we don't have a guild on Neopets as far as I know.

My bad...didn't read it carefully enough xD I've been combing through a bunch of editorial answers and this is what I have come up with:

Dear TNT, I'm really puzzled about this situation, especially after getting a warning about my guild. You have said that donation shops are acceptable. But what role do donations have in a guild if prizes and contest are not allowed? ~inervel

Ahh, the million NP question. We think we answered a long time ago that yes, donation shops are fine, though why you would need one is beyond us (for exactly the reasons you mentioned). The only thing we could think of was, perhaps, donations towards a Noticeboard or something? If you can think of something else that donations can be used for that doesn't break the rules, have fun!

So guild donation shops are fine. However, you guys are using the donations to fund giveaways, which ARE against the rules.

And individual donations shops:

Hey TNT, please try to answer this because I think it's important. Some people (such as those who were frozen, or are saving for items) have donation shops. Basically, they put junk in their shop for much more than it's worth. Is this allowed? ~ nekoddnikki

As long as they aren't trying to trick or actively solicit players (posting on boards begging, etc.) into donating to them by buying the items it's fine. We trust one knows when they've crossed the line, and we'll know too. ;)

I'm not sure if posting about donating on the TDN front page counts as "actively soliciting players" :/

Wait! Should'nt they tell you waht you did I mean it sounds unfair getting frozen over something you did'nt know what you do o.op

I know that they do give you a general reason such as "This user was found to be scamming" or "using an Autobuyer" or something like that. From the people I know that have been frozen, usually this is still unhelpful or the reason doesn't make any sense at all. o.o

EDIT:

And like I said, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just wanted to make sure everyone was informed of the dangers. :P I don't want someone here to have their main account iced as a result of a possible chain freezing of another donations account.

can we make another pne and this time not meantioon it;s a donation shop?

That would be somewhat pointless - TNT is perfectly capable of monitoring other sites, and if we simply create another donations shop it would be frozen again.

Just a theory: maybe TNT has a program that auto-freezes any account which gets more than a certain amount of NP over a certain period of time?

The little problem though, is that we don't have a guild on Neopets as far as I know.

There is actually a TDN guild, though I think Ian is the only member lol I don't think that would matter though, its still a guild and guilds can have a "guild account" for donations and such.

sorry guild taken I can;t quit this one you get free codestone from this REALLY desperate guy who wants people to come in his guild tecnically I came for his stuff XD

AA, I was reading the T&C earlier today and TNT stated that no accounts are freezed by any auto programs. All frozen accounts are frozen by a monitor who checks the account first.

That would be somewhat pointless - TNT is perfectly capable of monitoring other sites, and if we simply create another donations shop it would be frozen again.

Just a theory: maybe TNT has a program that auto-freezes any account which gets more than a certain amount of NP over a certain period of time?

I'm pretty sure this has been confirmed somewhere...but TnT will not freeze anyone anymore for having a certain amount of NP. I think *years* ago there was a rumour you would be frozen for having more than 40 million pure NPs on hand or something like that. :P